EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Help with tune (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/707520-help-tune.html)

devinfritz Feb 5, 2015 09:51 PM

Help with tune

I've pulled my ROM file from my car, still trying to fix the last owners abuse. I would like some imput on the current tune. I'm having some issues I believe are tune related, idle problems, boost cut, drives a bit jittery at parking lot speeds. If anybody is willing to take a look at my rom image that would be great. PM me or just reply to the post, thanks in advance! {thumbup}

evo8426 Feb 6, 2015 04:33 PM

Feel free to post it up, I will take a look when I get a chance.

devinfritz Feb 6, 2015 06:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey thanks for your help! I've attached the hex file.

ronaldo9 Feb 6, 2015 07:16 PM

I wasn't able to open this rom. Do you know what the rom id is?

devinfritz Feb 7, 2015 01:36 AM

ronaldo9 Feb 7, 2015 09:24 AM

Need to add the xml to my rom metadata and I will take a look.

devinfritz Feb 9, 2015 12:16 PM

Thanks any help would be appreciated

todd6027 Feb 9, 2015 02:04 PM

:eek: nasty

devinfritz Feb 9, 2015 02:36 PM

Elaborate please

ronaldo9 Feb 9, 2015 07:23 PM

Finally was able to load your rom. To put it lightly its trash. I'm not familiar with speed density tables as I'm on maf but just looking at your fuel and timing maps whoever made them should be embarrassed. I hope you didn't pay for that tune. It's block tuned and just sloppy. If you are savvy and have tuning capabilities I'd start with a stock map I bet the car would drive better. Please go to a reputable tuner! Do you have a tactrix cable and wideband? Can't really give you advice without knowing your afr and knock sum, but the map just looks rushed and sloppy. My $.02 Can you do some logs and post them up?

devinfritz Feb 9, 2015 07:36 PM

Ya figured as much, no so called tune came with the car... I do not have wideband capabilities not money right now for the wideband and downpipe work to install bung. Can I just flash a stock map on for now untill I can get it tuned? Btw I can do
Some logs but without a wideband would it be much help?

ronaldo9 Feb 9, 2015 07:59 PM

No point playing with the map w/o a wideband. Save up and just get it tuned somewhere. Are you on a stock turbo? What are all your modifications?

devinfritz Feb 10, 2015 08:26 AM

Ya stock turbo, mods include... 3 port boost solinoid by hoa, short ram intake, ets intercooler and piping, omni 4 bar map sensor, aluminum pulleys, rc 1000cc injectors, Vishnu exhaust, invida o2 housing, exedy organic clutch.

devinfritz Feb 13, 2015 10:20 PM

So I downloaded a stock evo 8 rom and added map table for my omni4 bar and adjusted that, also scaled my injectors and latency to accommodate the rc1000s and considering flashing that on untill I get a tune or would I be better off keeping my ****ty tune untill then?

ronaldo9 Feb 14, 2015 11:01 AM

Flash it... if you don't like it you can put the old tune back on. In the mean time keep saving up for that tune!