ECU Flash

ECUFlash dyno results!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2006, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECUFlash dyno results!

update: dyno sheets posted below

I spent one hour tuning on the dyno today and I'm very happy with the results so far. I originally wanted to make two maps, one for pump gas and one for race gas, but I wasn't able to get any unleaded race fuel yesterday so I had to stick to just straight 93 pump gas.

From start to finish today with just tuning I picked up about 45 peak whp! I started out with the stock fuel and timing maps with only fuel/boost cut removed and slowly built on those. Baseline run in my 04 EVO GSR w/ TBE, K&N panel filter, walbro & MBC @ 1.4 bar was @ 255 to the wheels peak HP and close to that in TQ. I don't have the dyno sheets in front of me, they are being emailed sometime tonight, so those numbers are going from memory. The final result 8 passes later was 297HP and 290TQ. That last pass was with just a touch more boost then the baseline, 1.45 instead of 1.4. I was only using a pocketlogger to monitor timing & coolant temps so I didn't want to push it.

But the awesome parts is those are just the peak numbers, I picked up the most power in the midrange between 3-4.5k RPM where it increase over 50+whp from the stock map! Thats smack in the middle of where I drive the car everyday so those ponies are going to be felt. Soon as I get the sheets I'll post them up. For the time being here are the final map screen shots.

one thing I learned today was that my engine likes a lot of fuel.

Last edited by AlwaysinBoost; Jun 26, 2006 at 10:17 AM. Reason: dyno sheets posted below
Old Jun 25, 2006, 12:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Wow, great results. Also, thanks for the help.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

It's not that your engine likes alot of fuel, the target value is just that a value.

Normally fuel is measured in Milliseconds

Good job on the tune.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

good job. imo its not about the peak but the wide usable powerband increases that give you the best tune
Old Jun 25, 2006, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Noogles
It's not that your engine likes alot of fuel, the target value is just that a value.

Normally fuel is measured in Milliseconds
can you explain that in more detail please?
Old Jun 25, 2006, 02:22 PM
Former Sponsor

He means the number in the cells doesnt represent a certain afr, just a number to reference to a afr, just a means of measurement. Get what I mean?
Old Jun 25, 2006, 05:15 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Everybody is scaling the maps to 300 now aren't they.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
appears that way doesn't it. Its funny how one week some people swear something doesn't or won't work and then the following week "everyone's doing it". Thats one of the reasons why this program is going to be so great; 1000 minds are better then 1!
Old Jun 25, 2006, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by razorlab
how do you scale the map to 300 ?? can someone help ?

Last edited by vboy425; Jun 25, 2006 at 10:32 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

congrats on the gain. How much did it cost you to get on the dyno. I have the same basic mods as you with the exception of a k&n filter. I am still trying to get this flash thing working the way I want it to. At the place where you got dynoed. Did you do the tuning or did someone else help? Also to get on the dyno do you have to have a wideband still trying to get the wife to let me get one of them.. Does the dyno facilty have one on loan??
Old Jun 25, 2006, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by freddiet
congrats on the gain. How much did it cost you to get on the dyno. I have the same basic mods as you with the exception of a k&n filter. I am still trying to get this flash thing working the way I want it to. At the place where you got dynoed. Did you do the tuning or did someone else help? Also to get on the dyno do you have to have a wideband still trying to get the wife to let me get one of them.. Does the dyno facilty have one on loan??
I'm trying to organize a local dyno day at the place I dynoed this morning. Price will depend on # of people attending. Check the link: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=207265

The guys at Philly Dynoworks are pretty cool and they do have a wideband there. I did the tuning myself with the ECUFlash & pocketlogger. I brought my cousin along who knows a good bit about DSM's for another set of eyes. The tuning part was pretty straight forward though.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 09:02 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
appears that way doesn't it. Its funny how one week some people swear something doesn't or won't work and then the following week "everyone's doing it". Thats one of the reasons why this program is going to be so great; 1000 minds are better then 1!
Its amazing isn't it? For me it was an overlooked setting that I never even thought to alter.. However the limited testing I did was inconclusive but others have had success with it.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pardon my ignorance but why would load column 300 be useful for someone running pump gas on the stock turbo? Wouldn't that equate to ~26 psi?

Further, is it safe to assume that since column 200 = 14psi and 260 = 23psi, each column in that region represents an additional 3psi of boost?
Old Jun 25, 2006, 09:18 PM
Former Sponsor

I dont think the columns pertain to boost solely. There load tables, boost is a factor however in the ECU determining the load on the engine. Some stock turbos spool real fast and make peak torque really fast, sometimes bumping them up into a higher load area. Hope that helps and Im understanding this correctly.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by anjapower
pardon my ignorance but why would load column 300 be useful for someone running pump gas on the stock turbo? Wouldn't that equate to ~26 psi?

Further, is it safe to assume that since column 200 = 14psi and 260 = 23psi, each column in that region represents an additional 3psi of boost?
it would probebly be closer to 30 psi

when I hit 1.3 bar I am near 220 load on my ignition maps

and its 14.7 psi = 1 bar = 200 kpa = approx 200% load before the ecm modifys the load % with other calculations

Last edited by andenbre; Jun 25, 2006 at 10:43 PM.

Quick Reply: ECUFlash dyno results!