Notices
ECU Flash

Connection help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2006, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Connection help

I've already spent the night searching but I still am not able to find the problem. I can not connect to the ecu using the cable and EcuFlash. I have tried almost everything I can think of. I'm using a Toshiba Satellite laptop and I can not get it to connect at all. I've tried to reinstall the program. I've confirmed that the drivers for the 1.3m cable are working and I even tried to connect using my wife's brand new HP laptop with USB 2.0.

I have tried to connect with the ignition in the on position as well as the off position. I simply can not get the computer to connect to the ECU. All I get is the response "This vehicle interface does not support needed features.
[01:46:44.288] unable to connect to vehicle interface."

Do you guys have any ideas what I am doing wrong? I've used my laptop on my STi using the Cobb AP and ECUExplorer as well as to tune my old M3 and I never had a single problem with it.

Help me please!
Old Aug 2, 2006, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
You are either on the wrong com port or you had ECUflash open prior to hooking up the cable. Go to Option and make sure that either its on COM3 or your laptop is detecting the cable. It will call it by name in fact. Its a minor glitch that rears its head every once in awhile, usually far enough in between that I cant remember what caused it.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Johnny B you are a man among men. It worked like a charm and it's downloading right now. I knew it had to be something stupid on my part and I thank you for your quick reply
Old Aug 2, 2006, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
No probs...it so happens that I had this exact problem about 6 hours ago. I had to spend about 15 minutes figuring out what the problem was, and then it dawned me it was a COM issue.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
No probs...it so happens that I had this exact problem about 6 hours ago. I had to spend about 15 minutes figuring out what the problem was, and then it dawned me it was a COM issue.
The thing is I actually did the process before I made the thread but I think I had the ignition off when I did it so of course communication failed. Oh well, I guess I can blame it on dehydration.