ECU Flash

ECUflash Experience

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECUflash Experience

Hello all,
My name is Mitch Mckee. I used to do tuning for a vendor on this board by the name of Vivid Racing. I have been tuning for awhile now and have tuned cars all over the country and the world. I have always used Ecutek and never really wanted to use ECUflash as I thought it to be a little inferior.

Well recently I had my computer and all of my Ecutek cables stolen. I had an Evo to tune on Friday, and being how Mynes is a mile away from me I called Max and he walked me through how to set it up, and borrowed a cable from a customer.

After all is said and done, the car had mechanical problems, but got the car all tuned out and all I can say is WOW, I love ECUflash. As I told Maxx I am never going back to Ecutek for Evo flashing. It is fantastic, way quicker and the results were great. Fantastic tuning tool, I really think that everyone should have a cable or get ECUflashed. Long story short ECUflash is the ****.
Thanks,
Mitch Mckee
Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Amen
Old Oct 10, 2006, 11:57 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Its amazing the value and quality that freeware applications and inexpensive hardware have to offer.

It just proves that there are companies that are only in business to gouge customers for their money.

I am 100% certain that these special expensive reflash cables, are identical to the inexpensive reflash cables we have now.. And the software is superior by leaps and bounds..

Heck, until recently nobody even knew how to log data at any reasonable rate from the ECU..
Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Very true Malibu. It is great to have people like you as well that help to push the envelope on helping people with fantastic software like this.
for Malibu Jack and everyone else that helped to develop this software.
Mitch Mckee
Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I've never used ECUtek, but i hear it takes a couple mins just to upload a new rom to the ECU.

ECUFlash can do it in a few secs.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:13 PM
UCB
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EFIxMR
I've never used ECUtek, but i hear it takes a couple mins just to upload a new rom to the ECU.

ECUFlash can do it in a few secs.
yeah, I dont know why some flashers are so slow

The suby AP takes 35+minutes to complete a ecu flash for a base map and still a minute or two to load a real-time map (doesnt flash the ecu, it runs on top of the base map)
Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Yes it does take about a min. Very slow. I was very suprised how fast ecuflash does it. Cuts tuning time WAY down.
Mitch
Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah Accessports take days it seems
Old Oct 10, 2006, 01:00 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Most of the flash tools actually rewrite the entire rom.. ECUFlash only uploads the altered sectors

There are risks in rewriting the entire rom too.. Touching every bit means the possibility of having a problem is higher, plus all the older tools had very little ability to recover if there is a fatal error. ECUFlash actually can recover most problems with the ECU, and the ones that screw up the Init code, can still be recovered.. There have been reports of dozens of "Dead" ECU's due to ECUTek and Techtom flashes over the years, which probably weren't actually dead, just not easily recoverable without the right tools.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Magnumpsi
Hello all,
My name is Mitch Mckee. I used to do tuning for a vendor on this board by the name of Vivid Racing. I have been tuning for awhile now and have tuned cars all over the country and the world. I have always used Ecutek and never really wanted to use ECUflash as I thought it to be a little inferior.

Well recently I had my computer and all of my Ecutek cables stolen. I had an Evo to tune on Friday, and being how Mynes is a mile away from me I called Max and he walked me through how to set it up, and borrowed a cable from a customer.

After all is said and done, the car had mechanical problems, but got the car all tuned out and all I can say is WOW, I love ECUflash. As I told Maxx I am never going back to Ecutek for Evo flashing. It is fantastic, way quicker and the results were great. Fantastic tuning tool, I really think that everyone should have a cable or get ECUflashed. Long story short ECUflash is the ****.
Thanks,
Mitch Mckee
ecuflash is the way to go