Notices
ECU Flash

Best Wideband??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2006, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Wideband??

I'm looking to get started with ECU Flash. I'm trying to learn as much as possible. I know that logging is the key. What would you guys suggest, as far as a widebands? What are the pros and cons of the different widebands? What other things do i need to log my tuneing?
Old Oct 13, 2006, 12:01 AM
Evolving Member

zeitronix is the most accurate, lowest priced unit on the market!!!! $279 for everything u need to start loging with evoscan
Old Oct 13, 2006, 12:03 AM
Evolved Member

My LC1 cost $199 directly from the manufacturer.. probably could be cheaper from an online retailer. It does the job
Old Oct 13, 2006, 01:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Zeitronix is the best loggin system. Its not just a wideband but a whole loggin system. You can log RPM, TPS, AFR right out of the box & EGT (need 77$ sensor), boost (need 109$ sensor) and knock (using Vishnu's KNock Buffer - 110$).

But the thing is with EVOScan you dont need a whole loggin system.

So a LC1 might be a very good opition. It is a standalone WB, not a whole loggin system (but can be if you buy the RPM converter (LMA2) or a LMA3, in additon to the extra sensors). With just the LC1, all you can log is AFR, unless you get a LMA2 or LMA3.

Anyways, read a lot and just pick the one thats best for you.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

why do people say that the Zeitronix is the most accurate?
How are you judging accuracy?

I've owned an innovate LM-1, efisystems UEGO 2000 or whatever, AEM UEGO.
I've used Zeitronix, and LC-1.

The Innovate products are a ***** to install if you follow their instructions to a T.
Zeitronix has some wireless USB stuff which really doesn't work well at all.

I use the AEM UEGO to log on my other car because it's a simple gauge and it works. I think there are some quality control issues in manufacturing. Either you get one that works, or you dont...but it's all nice and compact.

I'm in the market for a new wideband and I'm thinking I am leaning towards another AEM UEGO.

Part of the decision comes from the gauge itself. If you buy a wideband, wouldn't you want to actually see the AF values as you drove? For some reason, people sometimes put widebands out of the way, or the wideband display is too big to put in view of the driver. So I stay away from those.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SophieSleeps
why do people say that the Zeitronix is the most accurate?
How are you judging accuracy?

I've owned an innovate LM-1, efisystems UEGO 2000 or whatever, AEM UEGO.
I've used Zeitronix, and LC-1.

The Innovate products are a ***** to install if you follow their instructions to a T.
Zeitronix has some wireless USB stuff which really doesn't work well at all.

I use the AEM UEGO to log on my other car because it's a simple gauge and it works. I think there are some quality control issues in manufacturing. Either you get one that works, or you dont...but it's all nice and compact.

I'm in the market for a new wideband and I'm thinking I am leaning towards another AEM UEGO.

Part of the decision comes from the gauge itself. If you buy a wideband, wouldn't you want to actually see the AF values as you drove? For some reason, people sometimes put widebands out of the way, or the wideband display is too big to put in view of the driver. So I stay away from those.

People say that Zeitronix is the most accurate because there was a big WB test and guess what.... Zeitronix was the most accurate

Zeitronix doesnt have a wireless usb thing. That must have been put on there by who ever owned the car and/or zeitronix. Zeitronix only hooks up with a serial cable (unless you use some sort of serial to usb thing).
Old Oct 13, 2006, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
People say that Zeitronix is the most accurate because there was a big WB test and guess what.... Zeitronix was the most accurate

Zeitronix doesnt have a wireless usb thing. That must have been put on there by who ever owned the car and/or zeitronix. Zeitronix only hooks up with a serial cable (unless you use some sort of serial to usb thing).
I'm asking how they measure accuracy not really what results they came up with.
You wouldn't know the title to that thread so I can search for it would you?

About the wireless logging....maybe it was PLX that I used then. I forget. All I know is that it didn't work well.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What was used as the meter to gauge the accuracy from...that would make a claim like that?

Not saying it's wrong, just wondering how they determined it was the most accurate???
Old Oct 13, 2006, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by laakness
What was used as the meter to gauge the accuracy from...that would make a claim like that?

Not saying it's wrong, just wondering how they determined it was the most accurate???
You and I are thinking along the same lines.

How do you measure the accuracy of a measuring device without having a device that you know is dead-on accurate?
Old Oct 13, 2006, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SophieSleeps
I'm asking how they measure accuracy not really what results they came up with.
You wouldn't know the title to that thread so I can search for it would you?

About the wireless logging....maybe it was PLX that I used then. I forget. All I know is that it didn't work well.
PLX doesn't use any wireless thing either. The owner of whatever WB made it wireless.

I'll search around and try to find a link to the test.

TTP probably knows the link.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

PLX doesn't use any wireless thing either. The owner of whatever WB made it wireless.

I'll search around and try to find a link to the test.

TTP probably knows the link.
Damn. I have a bad memory.
The owner didn't make it wireless. He bought the wideband. I did the install and tuning. I just don't remember which one it was.

Edit:
It is the PLX. THe m-500 does wireless logging.
http://www.plxdevices.com/M-Series_l...roductinfo.htm

Last edited by SophieSleeps; Oct 13, 2006 at 06:37 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

^^
I didnt think of the M-500. I was think of the r-500
Old Oct 13, 2006, 07:52 AM

^^
I didnt think of the M-500. I was think of the r-500

Old Oct 14, 2006, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

not sure which WB is "the best" but I have ZERO complaints from using the Innovative products on both my cars for a couple of years now. I have no resverations about recommending them to anyone who is getting involved in tuning now.

Luckly for us we have EVOScan (and maybe something better in the near future) so you really only need to purchase that & the LC-1 ($149.00 on ebay) and your good to start logging. If you want to get serious though you should look into the Innovative SSI-4 and a MAP sensor and thermocoupler for logging EGT. Those items will set you back another couple hundered bucks but will allow you to tune as close to the edge as you want.

Personally I am using the Innovative LM-1 which has a 44 minute memory along with the RPM converter (LMA-2) and XD-16 gauge. There componets are so flexable and tuner friendly that I can setup 'trigger' for the car to start logging. Like for example if TPS=99% for greater the 1sec & boost is >3psi it will start logging automatically for a pre-determinded amount of time. You can also set it to stop logging after a specific action too, like for example if TPS = < 20% for more then 2 seconds.

Or I can just press the button located on my XD-16 gauge and do the same thing.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
not sure which WB is "the best" but I have ZERO complaints from using the Innovative products on both my cars for a couple of years now. I have no resverations about recommending them to anyone who is getting involved in tuning now.

Luckly for us we have EVOScan (and maybe something better in the near future) so you really only need to purchase that & the LC-1 ($149.00 on ebay) and your good to start logging. If you want to get serious though you should look into the Innovative SSI-4 and a MAP sensor and thermocoupler for logging EGT. Those items will set you back another couple hundered bucks but will allow you to tune as close to the edge as you want.

Personally I am using the Innovative LM-1 which has a 44 minute memory along with the RPM converter (LMA-2) and XD-16 gauge. There componets are so flexable and tuner friendly that I can setup 'trigger' for the car to start logging. Like for example if TPS=99% for greater the 1sec & boost is >3psi it will start logging automatically for a pre-determinded amount of time. You can also set it to stop logging after a specific action too, like for example if TPS = < 20% for more then 2 seconds.

Or I can just press the button located on my XD-16 gauge and do the same thing.

$150 bucks for an LC-1? Where? I don't see any for 150

Quick Reply: Best Wideband??