Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2014, 04:30 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jungle
I appreciate the time taken to get the above result, it just didn't work?
well, actually, yeah it sure does "just work" with no changes.

I'm happy to teamviewer your PC directly to get you up and running.. add me to skype hamish.ahern
Old Jun 17, 2014, 04:34 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by mines5
I am using evoscan 2.9 ,i open my hex file from the evoscan folder the load and rpm scales show correctly in the live map tracer but when ever i try to open a different hex file the load values and rpm show random numbers. Kindly guide me through. Thanks
my first instinct is that the xml file you are using has got bad settings in it. but it also could be something that I can write some code to do a workaround to cater for your bad xml file. or it could actually be a bug with particular xml settings. best to send me your hex, xml, and base xml file, and I can check it out.. send to hamish at evoscan dot com. cheers.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evoscan
thats not strange.. that looks fantastic..

now follow the 2nd instruction I said in a few posts back..

after pressing Ctrl+H in ultraedit, now press CTRL+G and goto the location

0xf52 for evo7/8/9/airtrek
0x1021a for Evo 5/6
0x1fefa (for vr4/galant/legnums/mirage)
0x2fefa (for vr4/galant/legnums/mirage)

and take a screenshot of each for us to look at.

Ok :-)

Here is the screenshot.

thanks
Attached Thumbnails ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions-0xf52.jpg  
Old Jun 18, 2014, 04:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
my first instinct is that the xml file you are using has got bad settings in it. but it also could be something that I can write some code to do a workaround to cater for your bad xml file. or it could actually be a bug with particular xml settings. best to send me your hex, xml, and base xml file, and I can check it out.. send to hamish at evoscan dot com. cheers.
Thanks hamish. Although i have sorted out the issue some how but still sending you the hex and xml.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anyone had any problems getting the start/stop datalogging hot keys to work before?

I recently got a new laptop which is Windows 7 64-bit. For some reason now when I want to start/stop logging, EvoScan isn't responding to Ctrl + Space. Often it will work once with the hot keys, then stop responding to them in subsequent logs. So then I have to go up to File menu and manually select Start or Stop DataLogger.

My old XP laptop works fine with the hot keys.

I've made sure both the Ctrl and Space keys are working well on this laptop, so it seems to be some random glitch...

This is running EvoScan v2.9.0023
Old Jun 20, 2014, 04:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
i edited my xml file , added 2 byte load and its correct values and mut table and checked the 2 byte load for logging.

Since then live tracer isnt showing any value from the grid which i logged. the past logs which were done with out editing the xml are displaying the values.

help.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 01:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RST_89
Ok :-)

Here is the screenshot.

thanks

my fault there was a wrong metadata folder location!

big thanks to evoscan!

sorry
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:13 AM
Silver Sponsor

I had to go into ecuflash and into the options, and I had to check my rom metadata folder location setting, at first I had it pointing to the wrong folder where I was editing the \rommetadata\evo files.
yeah sometimes when installing multiple ecuflash versions, I noticed that changing the settings in one seems to effect the other. seems to just be a global ecuflash settings for the PC, rather than for each ecuflash installation.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:22 AM
Silver Sponsor

i edited my xml file , added 2 byte load and its correct values and mut table and checked the 2 byte load for logging.

Since then live tracer isnt showing any value from the grid which i logged. the past logs which were done with out editing the xml are displaying the values.

help.
my first instinct is that you might have named your Load column differently to what the MapTracer is scanning for, or you might be logging the old Load and the new 2 Byte Load at the same time. the ORDER that the EvoScan Map Tracer grid scans your log is this:

{"Load", "LoadMUT2Byte", "LoadCalc", "EngineLoad", "AbsoluteLoad", "Load160", "ECULoad", "Load11bit4", "Load1B", "AbsLoad", "AccLoad", "LoadMIVEC", "LoadLowIATSTiming", "LoadFuel"}

{"RPMMUT2Byte", "RPM", "2ByteRPM"}

the grid stops searching when it finds the first column above with data...
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:37 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by Eisen7
Has anyone had any problems getting the start/stop datalogging hot keys to work before?

I recently got a new laptop which is Windows 7 64-bit. For some reason now when I want to start/stop logging, EvoScan isn't responding to Ctrl + Space. Often it will work once with the hot keys, then stop responding to them in subsequent logs. So then I have to go up to File menu and manually select Start or Stop DataLogger.

My old XP laptop works fine with the hot keys.

I've made sure both the Ctrl and Space keys are working well on this laptop, so it seems to be some random glitch...

This is running EvoScan v2.9.0023
I am using windows7 on my laptop, hotkeys are fine. my first instinct is that the global hotkey chain is being interfered. The hotkey chain is one that any app can hook into the global key chain, if any app fails in that chain all subsequent apps can fail receiving the key press. disable the following one by one to see which app might be stopping it... Screen capture tools.. Antivirus tools... other apps with hotkeys. any hp or asus hotkey or keypad tools.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello,

I've just started to log my evo 9. I can get all values to log including my aem wideband. I having no luck logging load.I've tried logging all the different load related values and I get many different values but cannot get a correct load value to display. I know one of the load checkboxes stops at 160 so that doesn't help me. I am not tephra modded so I know I can't use the 1 and 2 byte logging. Which load checkbox should I be using?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 04:51 AM
Silver Sponsor

Last edited by evoscan; Jun 27, 2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 04:55 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by ekizenbe
Hello,

I've just started to log my evo 9. I can get all values to log including my aem wideband. I having no luck logging load.I've tried logging all the different load related values and I get many different values but cannot get a correct load value to display. I know one of the load checkboxes stops at 160 so that doesn't help me. I am not tephra modded so I know I can't use the 1 and 2 byte logging. Which load checkbox should I be using?
you have to use LoadCalc if you aren't running a TephraMod rom. In fact its probably easier and better that you do start running a Tephramod rom asap.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 02:13 PM
Silver Sponsor

I am using evoscan 2.9 ,i open my hex file from the evoscan folder the load and rpm scales show correctly in the live map tracer but when ever i try to open a different hex file the load values and rpm show random numbers. Kindly guide me through. Thanks
oh sorry.. I see the bug... evoscan includes an old evo7base.xml and EvoScan keeps creating the old evo7base.xml in the ROMs folder every time you start evoscan C:\Users\ahernh\Documents\EvoScan v2.9\ROMS\evo7base.xml

I will include the latest evo7base.xml in the new EvoScan version v2.9.00092

FIX:
copy the file evo7base.xml from Ecuflash folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\mitsubishi\evo\
copy the file to this folder: C:\Users\ahernh\Documents\EvoScan v2.9\ROMS\

NOTE: you can't just delete the evo7base.xml because it is part of the EvoScan installer progra, and it will keep re-creating it everytime you try to delete that file.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 03:00 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by jungle
Yes I understand that, it won't open for me in Evoscan , ECUFlash has never been an issue?
I'm really only wanting to use the map trace function to speed up tuning. Currently it's really laborious open the xl file, move the logged cells so everything is on the same screen, freeze the top row then start scrolling etc.

I appreciate the time taken to get the above result, it just didn't work?
after teamviewer your pc, I found there was:
multiple copies (x3) of your rommetadata xml folder, old versions of ecuflash and evoscan.

the actual fix was simple.. remove all the duplicate copies of rommetadata xml folders. install the latest clean verison of ecuflash with default XMLs

your ROM is 20030013 JDM Galant VR4.xml and it already comes default as part of the latest ecuflash.

I copied your kenneth mods xml into that file, and named it 20030013 JDM Galant VR4 Kenneth mods.xml

now you are all good to go! it works on both Ecuflash and Evoscan no problems at all.

Cheers,
Hamish.

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions