Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2019, 12:53 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Just started a thread to discuss future developing of the evo 5/6 rom. but yes they are flashable! need open port 2.0 and reflash connector.
there is some different CPUs available so youl have to pull the ecu out and check. you need to make a change to the memmodel in the xml to suit the cpu you have.
Old May 13, 2019, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evoscan
FTDI send (tx) and receive (rx) is about as native comport as you get these days for sending and receiving serial. there really is no advantage to going to comport, and its the same affect anyway.
The only advantage using native COM port, in my case, is that it would more more fitting to a 90's car than a modern usb. I"m planning to install a permanent datalogging port (other than obd1), but I quess it will work just nicely using an usb mini connector on dash 🙂 there will be a transistor switch to connect pins 10 and 12 only when PC is connected.

And we found out, that the two adapters we tried, had some legacy ftdi chip models. We'll try with a newer model later, I believe it"ll work.

Awesome work there with Evoscan and everything 😎👍
Old May 19, 2019, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Nope, EvoScan is not locked to any cables. Yep its a stock FTDI UART cable, but it has diodes, resistors, inverters, mitsubishi plug, and a working driver. Thats what you get for your money. if you are missing a serial latency timer, then you have a bad driver installed on your machine. make sure you get the legit FTDI driver from the ftdi website. and there are some FTDI clone cables out there that FTDI have locked out of their very own cable drivers. Nothing to do with Evoscan, we just read any ftdi driver, nothing is locked from our side. Cheers, Hamish.
Its been a while since i have seen your reply Hamish. Where were you ?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 02:10 AM

Nope, EvoScan is not locked to any cables. Yep its a stock FTDI UART cable, but it has diodes, resistors, inverters, mitsubishi plug, and a working driver. Thats what you get for your money. if you are missing a serial latency timer, then you have a bad driver installed on your machine. make sure you get the legit FTDI driver from the ftdi website. and there are some FTDI clone cables out there that FTDI have locked out of their very own cable drivers. Nothing to do with Evoscan, we just read any ftdi driver, nothing is locked from our side. Cheers, Hamish.
Hi again!

I found a good FTDI adapter and now Evoscan will recognize the cable. It is also able to connect to the ECU. But it seems that it cannot read any information, or at least it won't show the readings in the UI. e.g. TPS signal doesn't change and temperature readings stay at minimum values. I can control the injectors trough Evoscan, but it will still say "no reply from ECU" or something like that. The connection seems to work one way only.

The same cable works again with TunerPro. It also works with Mitsulogger. Isn't it so that Mitsulogger uses the same drivers as Evoscan? So if it works, also Evoscan should work. The other adapter I tried before, didn't work with Mitsulogger, so this adapter should be better.

Best regards,
Mikez
Old Jun 2, 2019, 04:42 PM

Has anyone had luck with using Openport 2's standalone logging for the Evo 8's ACD? Or is it possible to get the steering position without connecting to the ACD? I'd like to use the logging for track days, it'd be nice if I could review steering angle along throttle position to review my driving, and I think it'd make it a little easier to sync it up to GoPro footage too.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 02:27 PM

Hope it's not to off topic but I need diagnostics for my tow car and it's a Pajero/Montero 3.2did with MUTII. Years ago it was not supported in evoscan but I just wondered if it is supported now and the site note beeing updated for a while. Anyone tried?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Hey all - what is the best (easiest) wideband option for logging AFR with Evoscan - USB to laptop input from wideband controller

(I know this has been covered in other threads but there are so many its hard to work out whats current info)
Old Sep 21, 2019, 06:46 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 143 Likes on 119 Posts
The easiest long-term solution is to wire the wideband analog output into a spare ECU input. After that, you can log it like any other ECU data point.

If you don't want to wire the wideband to the ECU, then stick with the wideband options mentioned in Wideband menu of Evoscan.
The following users liked this post:
OzAirtrek (Sep 26, 2019)
Old Oct 25, 2019, 09:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello guys i need your help as i am just starting to grasp all the capabilities and settings that Ceddymods offers and how to start tuning everything right. I have swapped a metal non readable/flashable ECU (MD327395) with a plastic (MD360479) ECU with a MH7203FA CPU that we have on stock 1.8L Lancers here in Australia and loaded Ceddymods v1.20_MAF onto it as i am not running MAP i am just with a stock MAF for now to get everything dialed in as it was and then progress to upgrades after. I am idling so far and can hold idle but very rich, drives but poorly and is rich cause of incorrect MAF and injector settings and probably timing and fuel tables secondly. This is where i need your experience and advice in getting things right like they where on the stock old ECU at least.

"Construct" Have wired LC-2 into ECU and logged with it in the past on an ADC pin but don't have it setup that way on this car yet it is separate for now.

I am equipped with these things: EvoScan 2.9 for logging, ECUFlash with Tactrix OP2.0 for flashing and have an innovate LC-2 WB for A/F reading.
MAF P/N is: 449 and i also have a 605 MAF from another 4G93 SOHC loom that i could swap in if need be.
Injectors: Stock i believe DENSO CDH-390 all i know is that they are 380-390cc and that is what i have set them to in Ceddymods Injector Size table
Engine: 1,8L 4G93T DOHC with a small stock turbo

Really hope someone knows what the parameters should be from the stock 4G93T rom so i have a baseline close to the stock ECU or something like that.
Can provide photos of MAF if it helps or other things.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 05:31 AM

Hi everyone
just picked up a new laptop and loaded on my evoscan which happened to be v2.9
I go to install the exe and get as far as the serial number.
Getthe serials emailed to be but they are for v2.5/v2.6 & v2.7 so regardless how many different ways I try to key the numbers with or w/out a dash etc keeps saying wrong serial for this version
Obviously I bough the earlier version back in 2014 and have upgraded over the year to get to where I am now which is 2.9

Does anyone know how i can get my current version on my new lappy to work?
Bought a new lappy for the purpose of tuning cos my last one decided to hurry kiri itself.
anyway I will wait with excitement.
TIA my mateys.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 04:52 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
v2.7/v2.8/v2.9 have the same serial. go into regedit and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EvoScan\ and delete the Serial2 key and the EmailAddress,. and try again. otherwise email me at support (at) evoscan.com and i will email you the latest key. alternatively you can click "lost my serial number" on the evoscan.com website if you still remember your username and password, and it will automatically email you the v2.9 serial. changed your email address? then probably just best to email me.
The following users liked this post:
Evo2372 (Nov 1, 2019)
Old Nov 1, 2019, 06:39 PM

Thanks Hamish, worked a treat, everything up and running.
Now down to business. Have a good one.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 03:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
@evoscan

Is the EvoDroid project dead? I'm seeing it on your site in some places but the android section is empty.

Also if it is dead, is there anyway to do datalogging w/o a laptop? Such as a trigger to microsd found on Tactrix OpenPort 2.0?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Guys,

Please post your questions specific to issues in the forums. Although I don't mind getting PM's, I'm getting the SAME QUESTIONS asked repeatedly that can be answered by posting them here in the forum, or searched for (as most are already answered)

I really don't want to be rude about it, since I try to answer all of my PM's. But most of the questions I've been asked in the past few days, are different members asking the same exact questions.

Please, if the PM is a question about tuning, or other info that isn't personal or confidential, please post it.

Obviously if its private or confidential, PM or E-mail me..

Thanks..
Dear sir
I couldn't buy evoscan with my credit card it always took me to PayPal any saloution to this

Old Feb 10, 2020, 09:40 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Faisal Nazir
Dear sir
I couldn't buy evoscan with my credit card it always took me to PayPal any saloution to this
PM sent.

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions