Notices
EcuFlash

Please post ECUFlash/Evoscan/Mitsulogger Questions

Old May 12, 2019, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just started a thread to discuss future developing of the evo 5/6 rom. but yes they are flashable! need open port 2.0 and reflash connector.
there is some different CPUs available so youl have to pull the ecu out and check. you need to make a change to the memmodel in the xml to suit the cpu you have.
Old May 13, 2019, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by evoscan View Post
FTDI send (tx) and receive (rx) is about as native comport as you get these days for sending and receiving serial. there really is no advantage to going to comport, and its the same affect anyway.
The only advantage using native COM port, in my case, is that it would more more fitting to a 90's car than a modern usb. I"m planning to install a permanent datalogging port (other than obd1), but I quess it will work just nicely using an usb mini connector on dash 🙂 there will be a transistor switch to connect pins 10 and 12 only when PC is connected.

And we found out, that the two adapters we tried, had some legacy ftdi chip models. We'll try with a newer model later, I believe it"ll work.

Awesome work there with Evoscan and everything 😎👍
Old May 19, 2019, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Nope, EvoScan is not locked to any cables. Yep its a stock FTDI UART cable, but it has diodes, resistors, inverters, mitsubishi plug, and a working driver. Thats what you get for your money. if you are missing a serial latency timer, then you have a bad driver installed on your machine. make sure you get the legit FTDI driver from the ftdi website. and there are some FTDI clone cables out there that FTDI have locked out of their very own cable drivers. Nothing to do with Evoscan, we just read any ftdi driver, nothing is locked from our side. Cheers, Hamish.
Its been a while since i have seen your reply Hamish. Where were you ?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 02:10 AM

Nope, EvoScan is not locked to any cables. Yep its a stock FTDI UART cable, but it has diodes, resistors, inverters, mitsubishi plug, and a working driver. Thats what you get for your money. if you are missing a serial latency timer, then you have a bad driver installed on your machine. make sure you get the legit FTDI driver from the ftdi website. and there are some FTDI clone cables out there that FTDI have locked out of their very own cable drivers. Nothing to do with Evoscan, we just read any ftdi driver, nothing is locked from our side. Cheers, Hamish.
Hi again!

I found a good FTDI adapter and now Evoscan will recognize the cable. It is also able to connect to the ECU. But it seems that it cannot read any information, or at least it won't show the readings in the UI. e.g. TPS signal doesn't change and temperature readings stay at minimum values. I can control the injectors trough Evoscan, but it will still say "no reply from ECU" or something like that. The connection seems to work one way only.

The same cable works again with TunerPro. It also works with Mitsulogger. Isn't it so that Mitsulogger uses the same drivers as Evoscan? So if it works, also Evoscan should work. The other adapter I tried before, didn't work with Mitsulogger, so this adapter should be better.

Best regards,
Mikez
Old Jun 2, 2019, 04:42 PM

Has anyone had luck with using Openport 2's standalone logging for the Evo 8's ACD? Or is it possible to get the steering position without connecting to the ACD? I'd like to use the logging for track days, it'd be nice if I could review steering angle along throttle position to review my driving, and I think it'd make it a little easier to sync it up to GoPro footage too.