Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by colonelfox
Change the 2byte to 1byte load factor to something higher than 1.2 in both the ROM and Evoscan. I have mine at 1.6.
That's only for TephraMOD. Juan didn't mention Tephra, so I suppose he's on the regular unmodded ECU.

Juan: You need to setup your MUT addresses correctly. You'll need to find what addresses you need to enter into the MUT00 and MUT01 tables depending on what ROM version you have in this thread :

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecuflas...te-thread.html

Then enter the corresponding values into your own map, and flash it to your car. In Ecuflash, you'll need to find your "MUT Table". For example, my rom version is 88590015. My MUT00 value is 6B42 (entered as 0x6B42 in Ecuflash) and my MUT01 value is 6B43 (again, entered as 0x6B43 in Ecuflash).

After that make sure that in Evoscan your 2byteload is looking at requestid 00 and requestid 01, which correspond to MUT00 and MUT01.

If you need more help, send me a PM Juan.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's true I just assumed he was on a Tephra ROM.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cursedsm
I have a question, now that I am running speed density I threw a check engine light on the way home from the dsm/evo shootout and now my evoscan wont let me check it. I haven't read through all the pages, but it says:

"arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow"

Can anyone help me on this one. I have tried to load and reload evo scan and to no eval its not working for this any idea's?

i ran across this problem before, what worked for my car was to disable the EGR test using the value 0xEDDF in the ECU Periphery2 field.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How come every time I Hook up my Tactrix and try to log, mitsulogger says "oops...no device detected..setting demo mode"?

I just bought my Tactrix 1.3 cable, and this is my first attempt at logging / using software for logging.

I know the tactrix is corresponding with the car because the tarmac on my ACD display blinks rapidly when it's plugged in.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
I'm having trouble accessing my logs from Evosan 2.7beta5. When I go to open a graph from the SavedDataLogs folder it shows the .csv files in evoscan but not when I use windows explorer to get to that folder. And its really unstable on my computer (windows 7 32bit). Sometimes it opens the log file, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes it gives really weird script errors. Anybody else have similar problems?

EDIT: I'm using tactrix 1.3.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cant log IDC%

can someone post up the formula, request id, and stuff for idc. I can log rpm and IPW. I used to be able to log this now it just stopped. I tried to redownload but still nothing. Thanks this is also the final 2.7v
Old Sep 30, 2010, 03:40 PM

2-byte load

I just started doing some datalogging on my evo, and I'm trying to set up 2-byte load for my ROM. i have ROM 96940011. I know the codes i'm supposed to use are 899A and 899B. I've been looking at this thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...te-load-6.html post 89. When i open up my MUT table in EcuFlash, my x and y values are different from that. They look like the myevorom.jpg attached. I've tried changing the scaling, and can't get the values to match up. I noticed that the first row of values in the table were the same as his though, and so i changed them over, and saved a separate ROM. As for the MUT00 and MUT01 tables, do i create those myself like in the ecuflash_sample attachment? Did i assign those values correctly? Finally, I use evoscan v2.7.0090 to log. i'm using an openport 2.0 cable and Mitsubishi MUTIII, so in the .xml, do i just leave the Load MUT 2byte Mod DataListItem the same as in the last attachment?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Attached Thumbnails ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions-myevorom.jpg   ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions-ecuflash_sample.jpg  
Attached Files
Old Sep 30, 2010, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

RynMp147, you don't add MUT00 and MUT01 tables to ECUflash. MUT00 and MUT01 are the ADRESSES in the MUT table that you need to change to 0x899A and 0x899B respectively. Looking at your pic of your MUT table, MUT00 is the first cell in the top left (not counting the FFFF cells). The pic is low res, but it looks like it says 88CB. Select that cell, hit "=" then type in "0x899A". Do the same for MUT01, which appears to read 88CA, which you need to change to 0x899B.

I'm tempted to write a guide to setting up 2-byte load for complete newbies because despite the guides already up, people still seem to have trouble getting it setup (and so did I at first), possibly since it's often the first thing they do to their ECU, and since it's their first time, things that may seem obvious to those who've been involved with ECUFlash for a while may not be for first-timers.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 07:45 AM

ok thanks a ton Raptord. So for Evoscan to log that i just need to add:

<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Display="Load MUT 2Byte Mod" LogReference="LoadMUT2Byte" RequestID="00" RequestID2="01" Eval="0.3125x" Unit="units" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="500" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="500" ScalingFactor="1" Notes=""/>

to the xml i have attached above? or should it be added to the MUTII xml? Does it matter which one i choose to log with? Thanks
Old Oct 1, 2010, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

2 byte load is already in Evoscan, you shouldn't need to add it.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Do you guys get different logs from evoscan and mitsulogger? I ran evoscan while I was tracking my car with 91 octane and noticed knock around midrange (stock tune). I put in Canadian grade 94 octane in and evoscan shows no knock anywhere, and constant afr (narrow band, will install my wideband soon). Mitsulogger shows up to 3 counts of knock at 3.5k and the afr starts going really lean (~16:1). And my timing log doesn't really seem to follow what high octane timing map. It pulls timing in the midrange and then gives it back higher up. Any ideas whats going on here?? I don't want to mess with the map until I have my wideband in but is it not weird that there is knock at 94octane with a stock tune?? My only other power mod is 3inch dp, tp, catback.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

It seems evoscan was probably logging more accurately than mitsulogger. The load values from mitsulogger were off the target + offset from the ecu boost controller and the proper correction wastegate cycle wasn't applied. The WGDC log read a constant 78.xx.

On evoscan the WGDC read 100 which was the same as the baseline WGDC from the ECU's map. The afr was also close to the ecu's map, and didn't go crazy lean like mitsulogger showed. Unfortunately I didn't log load when I did the evoscan runs. So I'm going to assume evoscan is right and mitsulogger is wrong. Since evoscan shows no knock in the log I hope I'm ok! Any comments?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

last night i opened up my ecuflash 1.42 to edit my latest "image" to include the ODB inspection patch. went through the steps to verify my image as "94170008" then went through to change all four hex as stated for that image version. ODB monitor available and monitor status should all say "1" but im done but it all says "0" now.

anyone have any idea? my ecuflash itself is working fine except the darn screen for ODB monitor available and monitor status being too small(and unable to resize).
(UPDATE)

nevermind i figured it out , since my rom requires evo7base.xml which doesnt have blobbit scaling that this ODB patch requires, it simply wasnt displaying my changes correctly. for anyone in the future has this issue, simply add this to your base.xml....

<scaling name="blobbits" storagetype="bloblist" storagebits="1">
<data name="0" value="00"/>
<data name="1" value="01"/>
</scaling>

hope someone appreciates it

Last edited by mifesto; Oct 27, 2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 05:13 AM
Evolved Member

Hey guys, Im getting a weird error message in EvoScan. I get this message : Error: could not find file specified" "datalogging ended" I can datalog normal as long as im idle, or cruising, as soon as im in get to boost, it gived me that message and the datalogger disengages. Any advise?? I have tried to "repair" and "re-install" but still it keeps happening :-(
Old Nov 2, 2010, 05:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mitsu.kid.02
Hey guys, Im getting a weird error message in EvoScan. I get this message : Error: could not find file specified" "datalogging ended" I can datalog normal as long as im idle, or cruising, as soon as im in get to boost, it gived me that message and the datalogger disengages. Any advise?? I have tried to "repair" and "re-install" but still it keeps happening :-(
what operating system? im curious maybe you didnt fully uninstall it when you tried to. evoscan embeds itself to:C:\Users\YOURCOMPUTERNAME\AppData\Local\Virtual Store\Program Files (x86)\EvoScan

with windows 7, so in order to remove it 100% you must remove it from that directory as well as registry entries.

Sounds like to me its something to do with permissions. maybe its trying to write to a directory its not allowed to on your windows user? change the saved position to the log file to your desktop and see if that relieves the issue.

Quick Reply: ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions