Notices
ECU Flash

Updates for evoscan lap timing?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2008, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Updates for evoscan lap timing?

I was wondering if there have been any updates/recent rumors about how the evoscan lap timer/gps stuff is coming? Is there any specific hardware that is needed, etc?
Old Jan 23, 2008, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Specific hardware will likely be needed. I wouldn't hold my breath for release though ... I lost a bit of faith in the project when the screens were posted.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

yeah, Im not ready to buy stuff right now anyways, but I figured if this was going to turn into something real it would be good to know what to look out for. I guess I understand, evoscan doesnt appear to be this guys bread and butter, so no reason to actually rush things out in a timely manner. And Im sure the more people bug him, the less he feels like working on it.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

MaxQData. They have a new unit that does higher sampling rates. Available today for a few $$$s. In looking at the functionality that that software has, I would bet that the evoscan addon for that is ......off in the distance.....
Old Jan 24, 2008, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Or the Racelogic Performance Box or Drift Box. GPS data, G-forces, lap timer ... all that good stuff. The Drift Box records slip angle and the Performance Box does not.