Notices
ECU Flash

evoscan 2.1 problems and fixes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2008, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kreionic
I am not using the MUT tables. Can someone post up the formula for 2 byte rpm and what the numbers are that need to be changed. I added 2 byte load and 2 byte airflow this way with just the formula and then changed my numbers in ecuflash. Or is 2 byte rpm a MUT table thing only?
You can do the individual 1D tables for each and then you have to make your HEX code changes in the ECUFLash window just like all the other tables. The 3D map is much more useful and will be easier to find the info you need. With the 3D Table, you have ONE address for all of the MUT addresses and just change those particular MUT address locations on the chart. Its a better way to go in the long run. I honestly don't know where to get the 1D addresses you'll need.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Try to keep the unknown issues out of this thread guys. Try to keep this one as the "SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEMS" thread. If you having issues and the FIX hasn't been added here yet, post your issue HERE.

If you DO find a fix, please come post it up in this thread.

Thanks Guys!
Old Feb 25, 2008, 03:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another wierd thing I have noticed...

<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Airflow/Rev" LogReference="AccelEnrich" RequestID="1D" Eval="200*x/255" Unit="load" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="300" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="300" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="false" />

Display = Airflow/Rev

LogReference = AccelEnrich

Which is it?
Old Feb 29, 2008, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

I don't know but when I added that in the EvoScan, now it doesn't show anyting in Estimated horse power Lbs/min and torque. Please tell me the original values cause I don't want to reinstall it. Or maybe the correct ones using 2byte MUT cause i have all 3 enabled. 10x

Originally Posted by G20
Correction for those estimated power and torque to give more reasonable numbers and using 2-bye load:

Estimated g/rev : Eval => [LoadMUT2Byte]/95
Estimated Lbs/min: Eval => ([gRev]*[rpm])/454
Estimated Horsepower: Eval => [LbsMin]*9.15
Estimated Torque: Eval => ([WHP]*5252/[rpm])
Old Feb 29, 2008, 09:12 AM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
^^make sure that you have "LoadMUT2Byte" and "rpm" log items on top/before the estimated power items.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 09:49 AM

Forgive me for not understanding and this may have been mentioned before but, could someone explain how those equations translate to HP?
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

edited:

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Feb 29, 2008 at 10:08 AM.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just swapped my map sensor for the JDM, and now I can NOT connect to Evoscan??? I keep getting this:

Info: Initialize Vehicle ECU...
Info: Initializing At 5 baud...
Info: Initialization Complete...
Info: Waiting for INIT Response...
Info: ECU ID: E4C7
Info: Connection successful...
Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Info: Datalogger Ended.

I tried to change the formula for the JDM MAP to match my altitude 14.3, but when I open data .xml file w/ notepad it still reads 14.5? So I tried to edit while I was in notepad... And it wouldnt let me??? I went through comp>program files>evoscan>evoscan 2.1>data settings>data .xml and it said to make sure the paths are right??? i opened up my evoscan checked properties and its in this place???
I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling evoscan 2.1 and the problem remains???
Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Are you running vista? Their stupid 'compatibility files" option is annoying since it shows the old datasettings file first. If it shows up correct in evoscan, its saved in the correct datasettings file.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

UNFORTUNEATELY yes, running vista... in "properties" it read from:C:\Program Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v2.1, also reads file as .exe, shouldnt it be in .hex?
and when I tried to edit, it read from: C:\Program Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v2.1/data settings... u have to open the data file to get to it??? maybe I am not editing properly... I just deleted the .5 in the JDM MAP formula to proper compensate for elevation and made it a .3. 14.3, go to file save???

damn it...it keps reading cannot create C:/program files/evoscan/evoscan2.1/data settings/data.xmlfile
make sure path and file name are correct!
Old Mar 21, 2008, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

When you open the datasettings folder, you'll see the data.xml file. On the top taskbar in the window, it should say COMPATIBILITY FILES, click that. This should be the ACTUAL data.xml file you are using with evoscan 2.1.

Evoscan.exe is the actual evoscan program and its supposed to be an .exe file.

With Evoscan 2.1, you can edit everything directly from the chart so there isn't any need to really go into the actual data.xml file anymore.

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Mar 21, 2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

cheers to u kind sir! when I open up it w/ notepad w/out hitting the "compatablity files" it still read .5, but after hittin it, showed up .3!
definitely good to know!
thank u
any ideas on why I am unable to connect?
Old Mar 22, 2008, 12:46 AM
Evolved Member

I just got my JDM mapr sensor, installed it w/ help from kreionic (big shout out to Charlie! thank u so much!)w/ the rom mods. Basically he gave me his 15 rom. I see some definitions like "MAP SCALING" and "MAP FAULT TRIG HIGH" and "LOW"(also had all of the good stuff like NLTS, and tephra mods etc.) but i dont see some...and unfortuneately he doesnt actually use ECU controlled BOOST... So there are many things left out of my rom file... MY questions are these:
1. Can I just add the full line up of ROM mods to the bottomper MRFRED, or am I going to have to add JUST THE ONES THAT ARE LEFT OUT? meaning can i have "2" of the same definitions in the xml file?
2. Does it matter the placement of the new definitions?
3. It says in the thread to do all the rom mods @ the same time as the JDM Map Sensor or the car wont start or throw a cell... Am I going to be able to just make the ROM mods???
4. am I gonna have to hit compatibility file for any files in ecuflash?
Old Mar 27, 2008, 12:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tkklemann
What about the fuel trims? (Fuel Trim Low/Mid/High)

The current formula is => 0.78125*x

Isn't the correct formula => (.1961*x)-25 ??
i just changed the formula to (.1961*x)-25 and while connected, its reading Nan...??? any1 ever encounter this?
Old Mar 27, 2008, 12:18 AM
Evolving Member

you know.. with all these errors i think evoscan should be free.. or atleast this verion. i mean people pay for a working product and it doesnt seem to be working all that great :P

Quick Reply: evoscan 2.1 problems and fixes