Notices
ECU Flash

EVOSCAN 2.1 Maptracer Problems!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2009, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by b16a95eg
ok so it still didnt work, maybe i'm doing something wrong. I open evoscan v2.5, click the map tracer, its completely blank, i right click the very bottom graph, i load my xml from ecuflash (91470015 pretty sure the first 4 numbers are in the right order) then the window flickers a little bit and its still the window but now it says load .hex or .bin, so i go into my desktop (thats where i saved it to so i could find it) and i load my .hex that i uploaded to my ecu last night, then the window closes and my values show up in the bottom map. i click knock sum, and nothing happens. did i miss anything?
Ok try this, open evoscan and just select these items (make sure they are in this order too): rpm, tps, battery, afrmap, loadcalc, timing, and knocksum.
Close evoscan and reopen it. Now just do a stand still log for a few seconds revving the car a few times. Open maptracer and make sure you select that .csv log you just did, do the usual load xml/hex files and see if that helps. Your knock sum should show a bunch of 0's (given that you're not knocking at idle ) but other items should show up though.
Hope that helps
Old Feb 11, 2009, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

ok i'll give that a try after class is done for the day,
Old Feb 11, 2009, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

still nothing
Old Feb 12, 2009, 01:42 AM

the items i'm logging are:

# TPS
# RPM
# TimingAdv
# O2Sensor
# InjPulseWidth
# Battery
# LoadCalc
# KnockSum
# AFRMAP
# Wideband A/F Ratio (need to have an external afr wideband sensor)
Old Feb 12, 2009, 02:32 AM

still nothing
send me your csv log file. I'll see if it shows in my evoscan map tracer.
przemek2000@gmail.com
Old Feb 12, 2009, 04:11 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by evodziobak
the items i'm logging are:

# TPS
# RPM
# TimingAdv
# O2Sensor
# InjPulseWidth
# Battery
# LoadCalc
# KnockSum
# AFRMAP
# Wideband A/F Ratio (need to have an external afr wideband sensor)
its has nothing to do with what you are logging, it should be able to plot anything that it recognizes. I don't know what the issue is but it shouldn't be this difficult.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by MR Turco
its has nothing to do with what you are logging, it should be able to plot anything that it recognizes. I don't know what the issue is but it shouldn't be this difficult.
well... if you won't log for example timing advance then it won't show in map tracer because there will be no log of it :-) same thing for knock sum. so it is kind of important what you log :-)
Old Feb 12, 2009, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

It has a lot to do with what you're logging (well the order in which you are logging them i should say)
If you are logging items in that exact order then it wont work because loadcalc refers to battery and afrmap in its calculation so having afrmap below loadcalc wont work. Thats why I said put them in the exact order I showed you. Battery, then AFRMAP, then LOADCALC...
likewise you cant log injector duty cycle without having injector pulsewidth being logged before it...
try it and let me know
Old Feb 12, 2009, 05:31 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by evodziobak
well... if you won't log for example timing advance then it won't show in map tracer because there will be no log of it :-) same thing for knock sum. so it is kind of important what you log :-)
Originally Posted by raasfaas
It has a lot to do with what you're logging (well the order in which you are logging them i should say)
If you are logging items in that exact order then it wont work because loadcalc refers to battery and afrmap in its calculation so having afrmap below loadcalc wont work. Thats why I said put them in the exact order I showed you. Battery, then AFRMAP, then LOADCALC...
likewise you cant log injector duty cycle without having injector pulsewidth being logged before it...
try it and let me know
Guys, i am not contesting what should and should not be logged for tuning purposes. I am saying the maptracer should have no dependencies on what is logged. It should trace any parameter. I just don't understand why the sample logs work and none of mine do.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

No I didn't mean for it to sound like I was coming down on you, what I mean is the evoscan maptracer is very tricky, from my experience with it you have to have loadcalc selected for it to work, even if you don't use it (whether you use 2byte load or 1 byte load) Apparently the maptracer needs loadcalc.
Not arguing here, just trying to figure it out.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 05:44 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

No I didn't mean for it to sound like I was coming down on you, what I mean is the evoscan maptracer is very tricky, from my experience with it you have to have loadcalc selected for it to work, even if you don't use it (whether you use 2byte load or 1 byte load) Apparently the maptracer needs loadcalc.
oh i gotcha, i missed that find. I never log loadcalc but i will give it a try...
Old Feb 12, 2009, 07:51 AM

exactly. map tracer needs loadcalc. I had problems with that before too. just trying to help.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

yep it worked now, i must've double clicked it because it wasnt up. so it was loadcalc
Old Feb 12, 2009, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

yep it worked now, i must've double clicked it because it wasnt up. so it was loadcalc
Glad to hear that
Hopefully it works for MR Turco too
Old Feb 12, 2009, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for the help guys

Quick Reply: EVOSCAN 2.1 Maptracer Problems!