Notices
ECU Flash

Autosmoothing tool for Fuel and Ignition Maps

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2008, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Evoryder
Jumper, maybe you should link in your first thread the original post by JackofTrades so new comers can do some reading. The file does explain how to use the smoothing feature.

Map 1 Modified map(smoothed once pasted from map 2)
Map 2 You current map unsmoothed(copy and paste to map 1)
Map 3 pretty much there to take up empty space.

done
Old Aug 22, 2008, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol, everytime I come into this thread there is a new version! thanx again Jumper for keeping every1 updated.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Is there a reason you don't have a 'lock-cell' table in the timing maps?
Old Aug 22, 2008, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

haven't done it yet
Old Aug 27, 2008, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

My Ver-3 suggestions...

Simply add to the timing tables the features that you now have for the fuel tables: +/- shift, +/- limits, global limits, and lock-out table.

I think that is all we really need for now.

Thanks again for all your work on this. I enjoy it so much I sometimes load a map just to admire all the purdy colors! Yep, I have no life!

Patiently waiting for Ver 3...

Old Aug 27, 2008, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

yeah I'm considering less and less making it wasy to do multiple smoothings, but you're right about the timing.

You have no life .. I'm the work writing it hahaha. What is worse is that I'm so ADHD that I'm now pushing for a house cleaning on the evo7base and 94170015 ecuflash def files. Spent all last night working it, now I need to fix the bad defs, and add new tables. But the house cleaning makes things so much nicer. IMO we've been really "breaking" the spirit of how those two files were supposed to be used.

Anway, I'll see if I can quickly hack together a full featured timing table. Also need to remove the extra MIVEC sheet I mistakenly added and added some "default" locked cells.

BTW, did anyone ever find a bin/xls version of the RS Mivec I could use? Hand copying from the picture in the mivec thread is low on my to-do list ... though I suppose for creating a lock table I can just use the picture. I'm still not convinced that the MIVEC needs so much smoothing [shrug]
Old Aug 27, 2008, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jumperalex
What is worse is that I'm so ADHD that I'm now pushing for a house cleaning on the evo7base and 94170015 ecuflash def files. Spent all last night working it, now I need to fix the bad defs, and add new tables. But the house cleaning makes things so much nicer. IMO we've been really "breaking" the spirit of how those two files were supposed to be used.

I trust you plan to share this "work" as well? Sounds interesting, especially since I'm on the 94170014 and wanting to move up to the 94170015. I'm assuming here that you are referrring to the Tephra 5.10 modded ROM, correct?

Old Aug 27, 2008, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jumper now you just need to move to the 96530006, 96540011, etc...ROMS for the 8!! Although I could always help once I see what you are doing.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jim in Tucson

I trust you plan to share this "work" as well? Sounds interesting, especially since I'm on the 94170014 and wanting to move up to the 94170015. I'm assuming here that you are referrring to the Tephra 5.10 modded ROM, correct?

go to the Wiki thread, already shared. I need testers. but in reality it is working pretty well. Has all the tables for MAP, Direct Boost, MUT, Tephra. Completely reworked user levels (so you can hide sh1te (I HATE cencorship) you don't use). Tonight I'm gonna remove most, if not all, of the useless "boost enhancement" tables since they are wrong, add back in the lean spool tables, and the few "new tables" described in the "New Evo7/9 tables" thread. I've also regrouped a lot of stuff for better organization.

Last edited by Jumperalex; Aug 27, 2008 at 11:14 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fixem2
Jumper now you just need to move to the 96530006, 96540011, etc...ROMS for the 8!! Although I could always help once I see what you are doing.
nice thing about how I cleaned up the base file (assuming I didn't too far) is that the rom specific files should be easy. pretty much delete everything that doesn't deal with identifying the address of the table (ALL tables and scalings are defined in the base file and the base file only) and add whatever table addresses aren't already in there (like MUT, MAP, direct boost, and tephra).

The key concept it seems, and I've pm'ed Hamish about this, is that really we've been adding stuff to the ROM files that should have been added to the base file. It made it quicker and easier, especially in the instructions, but it wasn't right and it makes management and version control much harder. There was no reason to define the MUT table in a ROM file for example. The table is the same for all VIII's and only the address (that single line you were told to change in the instructions) needed to be added to the ROM file. The rest goes in the base file. Do it that way and you only have to add another new table once to the base, and then worry about adding the MUCH smaller address definition to the individual ROM files.

So ... why do I ramble so ... to tell you that those other ROM files should be esaier, but not easy, to do when starting with my base file.

But I'm still waiting to get buy-in from Hamish as well as MrFred and Tephra on some of the other changes I want to make. Don't want to have two branches going on.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Just wanted to bump this. Great tool. My part throttle and transient response is much improved with just 2 copy and pastes.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just smoothed my timing map 6 times over. Every cell has a 14 in there, runs bad Kidding

I was wondering if anyone's been including the rate of load change at various areas as part of the smooth? Like from 200% to 300% the rate is not linear compared to say 160% to 300%.

So basically does there need to be a timed based scew accross the load on the smoothing
Old Sep 24, 2008, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
QUestion. Why is there more focus and options with Fuel than with timing? And why is the correction not a smooth with timing as it is with fuel?
Old Sep 24, 2008, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Incremental adjustability I'd imagine.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Okay, I've read the 12 pages in the thread attached and these 3 too. I think I'll give it a look see tonight.

Oh and Jumperalex your avatar is kinda creepy, but you the man. Thanks to Jack and the others contributions.

Quick Reply: Autosmoothing tool for Fuel and Ignition Maps