Notices
ECU Flash

More injector woes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2008, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More injector woes

Hey everyone, I don't post up very often. I just usually read, but I am having a bit of a dilemma tuning my precision 1000cc injectors.

According to the cruise log, I have them dialed in to be within 2.3% (avg) Fuel trim mid, -0.7% (avg) O2 feed back trim (STFT). At idle my trims are Fuel trim mid: 2.0%, and 02 feed back trim is 1.15%.

My problem lies with the "swing", for example in the cruise log that i got the above values from the O2 feed back trim swings from 14 to -25. If I'm not mistaken the ecu is operating at capacity when pulling 25% of the fuel. Is this normal? My avg's are good, less than 3%. Any input would help.

Just to give you a back round on the car's its a 2006 IX SE, mods ETS 3inch ic, buschur upper ic pipe, AMS lower ic pipe, buschur 3' tbe bullet muffler, buschur maf pipe & filter, jdm map sensor, boost controller, Lc-1, walbro 255, and my PIA precision 1000's.

Special thanks to: Johnbradly, Nj1266, Pd1, Malibu Jack, and L2r99gst for posting their scaling, latency values and general knowladge.

Last edited by Peshki19; Oct 29, 2008 at 01:37 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peshki19
Hey everyone, I don't post up very often. I just usually read, but I am having a bit of a dilemma tuning my precision 1000cc injectors. According to the cruise log, I have them dialed in to be within 2.3% (avg) Fuel trim mid, -0.7% (avg) O2 feed back trim (STFT). At idle my trims are Fuel trim mid: 2.0%, and 02 feed back trim is 1.15%.
My problem lies with the "swing", for example in the cruise log that i got the above values from the O2 feed back trim swings from 14 to -25. If I'm not mistaken the ecu is operating at capacity when pulling 25% of the fuel. Is this normal? My avg's are good, less than 3%. Any input would help. Just to give you a back round on the car's its a 2006 IX SE, mods ETS 3inch ic, buschur upper ic pipe, AMS lower ic pipe, buschur 3' tbe bullet muffler, buschur maf pipe & filter, jdm map sensor, boost controller, Lc-1, walbro 255, and my PIA precision 1000's. Special thanks to: Johnbradly, Nj1266, Pd1, Malibu Jack, and L2r99gst for posting their scaling, latency values and general knowladge.
if you go look for that injector scaling thread, you will find my scaling/latencies for my PTE 1000s (I don't know them offhand otherwise I'd just post them in here...)

I think my LTFT-mid is kind of wack right now, but believe the scaling and latencies are sound, as the car tuned well.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by derekste
if you go look for that injector scaling thread, you will find my scaling/latencies for my PTE 1000s (I don't know them offhand otherwise I'd just post them in here...)

I think my LTFT-mid is kind of wack right now, but believe the scaling and latencies are sound, as the car tuned well.

hey i checked out your post... i clicked the link, ill compare them to mine. My main question is although my averages are good, is this wacky "swing" in the numbers grounds to re-tune my injectors?
Old Oct 29, 2008, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

From what I understand, if it is truely maxed out the LTFT will change and then it will start all over again. If it is continually maxed out for 16 minutes, it is likely that that one of the LTFT will eventually be maxed out. So, if it is never affecting the LTFT, and only the O2 feedback is swinging, then you're probably dialed in as good as its going to get.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 03:08 PM

That's what I was thinking ... I was wondering if some of the other ecuflash gurus would give me some feed back. When get home to my computer i'll post up my scaling and latency values. I am also going to review the log to see how many times the car actually went -25% O2 feedback. I think i was only once... but ill have to double check. All my LTFT's were normal.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
My O2 feedback jumps all over the place too. I think my injectors a dialed in just fine at this point low and mid in Mitsulogger -3, -4

But for some reason my car does not want to fall back to a decent idle clutching down to a stop. After the car corrects it'll sit a a fine idle but AFR's swing sometimes full lean then to 12's.

Getting a little sick of the *** driveability may just go AEM and be done with it

Ive played with alot of ICSV, timing, idle maps. ARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Last edited by gsrboi80; Oct 30, 2008 at 05:04 PM.