Notices
ECU Flash

ZT-2 advanced users, please helpl

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
ZT-2 advanced users, please helpl

I'm trying to get my DL-1 data logger to record the serial output from a zeitronix ZT-2. only problem is I haven't actually purchased the zt-2 yet.

What I need is an approximately 1 min recording of serial data using hyperterminal. It would be nice if the data was from someone that is using most of the inputs on the zt-2 but i'll take any data i can get.

Thanks.

The Hyperterminal program can usually be found in the directory Programs/accessories/communiciations/hyperterminal.

After starting the program you will be asked to enter a name for the new connection. Enter a name and click OK.

The next screen will ask how you would like to connect. This will be through one of the serial ports, probably COM1 or COM2. After selecting the port click on OK.

Baud rate: 9600
Data bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop bits: 1
Flow control: None

After setting up this the main window should open showing connected in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

To store the data from the ECU, select Tranfer/Capture text and then set the file name you wish to store the data in. Click on Start to start the logging.

To end the data logging select Transfer/Capture text/stop.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
bump for some help.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What do you want a log of (idle, wot)? What data do you want logged? I have a zt2, with egt and map sensor. I got my old Aem uego to work in hyperterminal with the serial connection so I should be able to get this to work.