Originally Posted by Raptord
Chabada, are you on stock injectors?
no PTE 880s
Old Feb 23, 2012, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Chabada15
no PTE 880s
Scaling / latencies may need to be adjusted a bit. I had dialed in my injectors so that my trims were good, but the idle was still rough and it would often stumble in traffic. We changed the settings again and it got much better.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Subscribed
Old Mar 18, 2012, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have spent the last 5 hours trying to learn the ISCV functions, since I have 2k idle now. I am trying to troubleshoot the cause, but my build has so many changes its tough. My chicken and egg issue is that I don't want to drive to log trims yet with the idle this out of control on a 6 month old cold engine.

I get a little lost in which of the tables I should use based on all the posts and mrfred's tables here.

I was looking for
Desired ISCV initial step position with AC off neutral

Thinking that this was the first/best table to start with to combat my high idle when cold. However the mrfred tables addition to ecuflash don't have this. I think I may have missed how to interpret some of the expanded tables mrfred provided. Can anyone point me to the most logical table to lower values to that I can get the cold idle under control.

tscompusa notes in this thread
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...amod-v7-2.html

which references the above table, but mrfred noted those changes as likely off the mark, even though tscompusa was reporting success. Somewhere I got confused.

For Cold idle spiking to 2300 rpm, with newly ported intake, 70mm TB, EGR delete, ported head, ported exhaust, which of the tables would I try out from mrfred's listing to try and wrestle idle down to my target 1k?

Could it be:
ISCV Demand CTS Adder #1**
Old Mar 18, 2012, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fireroasted
I have spent the last 5 hours trying to learn the ISCV functions, since I have 2k idle now. I am trying to troubleshoot the cause, but my build has so many changes its tough. My chicken and egg issue is that I don't want to drive to log trims yet with the idle this out of control on a 6 month old cold engine.

I get a little lost in which of the tables I should use based on all the posts and mrfred's tables here.

I was looking for
Desired ISCV initial step position with AC off neutral

Thinking that this was the first/best table to start with to combat my high idle when cold. However the mrfred tables addition to ecuflash don't have this. I think I may have missed how to interpret some of the expanded tables mrfred provided. Can anyone point me to the most logical table to lower values to that I can get the cold idle under control.

tscompusa notes in this thread
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...amod-v7-2.html

which references the above table, but mrfred noted those changes as likely off the mark, even though tscompusa was reporting success. Somewhere I got confused.

For Cold idle spiking to 2300 rpm, with newly ported intake, 70mm TB, EGR delete, ported head, ported exhaust, which of the tables would I try out from mrfred's listing to try and wrestle idle down to my target 1k?

Could it be:
ISCV Demand CTS Adder #1**
Table you're looking for should be "ISCV Demand CTS Adder AC off - Neutral". It's the same address as "Desired ISCV initial step position with AC off neutral" except it's relabeled.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
firer.... is your warm idle what it should be?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

nothere - I don't know. I haven't let it run long enough to find out, since I have just started the motor after a build for the first time in 6 months. With new cams, IM, TB, injectors its not running as smooth as would make me confortable to just let it run and drive around to get it to warm in. Thought I am getting depersate after 4 days of having it ready, and not being able to tune and troubleshoot.

raptord - I don't have a table named that way. I will attach a screen shot in a second of my ecuflash screen.....

I have a log file as well......

Log

Last edited by fireroasted; Mar 18, 2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: files
Old Mar 18, 2012, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

It's CTS Adder 1 in your screenshot.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flip then biss switch in evoscan and dial your idle down so you can warm it up. your issue may not be in the maps at all.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Tried the actuator and that allowed me to warm it. It was still hunting around, but at least it was at lower RPMs. The engine sounds good, with some ticking which I suspect is still the bled lifters not yet completely quiet. I hope.

I couldn't get it to under 1k rpms though, even with the actuator set. I decided to accept it as good enough for now.

I have two codes for EGR, which I wasn't expecting after my EGR delete. seperate topic.

I think from here its time for trims and latency before too much else, to really know where I am.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Have you done the obvious first? A thorough boost leak test to make sure air isn't getting in post-throttlebody? Have you turned the BISS all the way down and see what rpm it idles at?

-Jamie
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

I did read the boost leak threads, but I need a fabbed connector for the intake that will seal with a connector to the air compressor, so I haven't been able to do that. Its something I have to look to buy, and for cheap.Any ideas on how to do a ghetto version of a boost leak test?

When I did the SAS actuator and had the BISS all the way down it was still at 1k and hunting.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

raptord - I lowered the values in that table significantly and I believe it impacted the high idle, but only by about 300 rpm. And then suddenly by more. I dropped to 1k, but then if I pushed in the clutch I got what a lot of others are posting about, in that the idle jumped to 2k again. I'll leave that setting, and post a log tomorrow when its truly cold again to start.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Is it a stock throttle body?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Nope, sorry if that wasn't listed. I am active in a number of threads, so I may have not gone over details here. Its a new MAP rev3 IM, 70mm TB (that came with the IM), polished head, and full EGR delete. All those plus FIC1100 are new to my car, so the previous tune will need lots of work.

Quick Reply: ISCV control system disassembly