Notices
ECU Flash

OmniPower 4 bar settings

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by GotWheelHop
Hey Aaron, did you get your 1:1 VE curve from John's "easy speed density" thread? I was planning on going that route myself, as my setup is considerably nastier than a stock turbo, 2.0 setup.
I was told by Sean at FFTech that was the way I was going to end up doing the big turbo cars. It works so I wont argue If you have ever played with DSMlink the MAP VE vs rpm and Baro vs Load tables are kind of like your airflow sliders and can do all sorts of funny things when you start tweaking them.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
I was told by Sean at FFTech that was the way I was going to end up doing the big turbo cars. It works so I wont argue If you have ever played with DSMlink the MAP VE vs rpm and Baro vs Load tables are kind of like your airflow sliders and can do all sorts of funny things when you start tweaking them.
How goes tuning btw?
Old Jun 3, 2009, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
How goes tuning btw?

I have everything but tip in nailed. low boost / low vacuum it wants to go dead rich so I will play with it today on the way to lunch. Other than that it straight rips...as you can see in the logs
Old Jun 3, 2009, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have everything but tip in nailed. low boost / low vacuum it wants to go dead rich so I will play with it today on the way to lunch. Other than that it straight rips...as you can see in the logs
Maybe you should try deviating from 1:1 in the low boost section like i did?
Old Jun 3, 2009, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have everything but tip in nailed. low boost / low vacuum it wants to go dead rich so I will play with it today on the way to lunch.
Originally Posted by RoadSpike
Maybe you should try deviating from 1:1 in the low boost section like i did?
Yep, you need to use the map ve for this. At tip in, you RPM isn't changing (or very little), but your map is (going from vacuum to 0 psi or small amount of boost pretty quickly). That is why your tip-in needs tuning with the map ve table. The RPM VE table won't help you there.

Of course, you could also go the other route and use the maf smoothing table as well.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Interesting. I looked at it and I had gone a little too aggressive in jumping the MAP VE right at 101kpa. I had it counterscaled at like 118, I am assuming when I was playing with it the other night. Switched it back closer to 1:1 and tip in is fine
Old Jun 3, 2009, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a backwards sensor as well....just went out and hooked everything up, and the MAP is reading 38.8 psi with the car off. I am going to go ahead and swap wires....however I have a question...I got the back off the MDP plug no problem, but I can't get the pins and wires out of the plug for the life of me. Any suggestions?
Old Jun 3, 2009, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just got through with the same exact thing and PMd Creamo3 and 03whitegsr asking that question.

I didn't want to break anything, but for the life of me, the wires wouldn't budge. I removed the little plastic retainer clip and inserted a small screwdriver several different ways into the pins, but nothing worked...the wires just weren't budging.

So, I sent a PM to the two people that I know have already done it succesfully to ask them before I go and mess up my plug.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by l2r99gst
I just got through with the same exact thing and PMd Creamo3 and 03whitegsr asking that question.

I didn't want to break anything, but for the life of me, the wires wouldn't budge. I removed the little plastic retainer clip and inserted a small screwdriver several different ways into the pins, but nothing worked...the wires just weren't budging.

So, I sent a PM to the two people that I know have already done it succesfully to ask them before I go and mess up my plug.

Haha...I am in this exact same boat. ...Those things won't move at all. I also read the only place you can get the plug is off of the main harness.....not seperately.....thus why I will wait to see what you find out. LOL. Let me know what you hear.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This may have been stated already...as I'm in the process of searching.

i installed the 4bar map on my car and set baro pressure (14.56 - teh sea level) The car logs boost just fine through EvoScan...however my ecubased boost control does not work. I over boosted to 26psi on the Red on pump gas. It didn't make me really happy. I limped it home and here I am. lmk if this has been covered already, and if it hasn't... the boost control system overshoots by 7psi. (my max WGDC upward correction was at 6)
Old Jun 3, 2009, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

I havent got the 4 bar MAP to load % calculated, but I can tell you at 1:1 ratio everything is off 20% at a given boost level to load level (comparing 3 bar to 4 bar).
Old Jun 3, 2009, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Aaron...my phone is dead or I would call!

20% off as in... it reads 20% higher than actual? Or it reads 20% lower than actual?

I currently dont have an EcuFlash variable that is MAP vs. Load. ???

I'm looking at the Baro vs. MAP setting... from my dabblings I guess that it should be set at 69.8 or approximately 70. I'm going to go try it.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I'll have to look at the harness plug tonight as it's been a while shince I swapped around the wires. I don't remember having to do anything special to get them out though.

As for the overboost, I'm not using ECU based boost controll, so I'm not real familiar with it. However, I have to assume that either the scaling in ECUFlash is based around the JDM 3bar scaling or there is a table in there that converts voltage to boost. Either way, you'll need to redo either the scaling for the ECU controlled boost settings or redo a table some where to match the 4bar because the ECU just sees a voltage and somewhere along the line, it has associated XXX PSI to YYY volts. With the 4bar, that YYY volts now gives you 4/3*XXX PSI because of the difference in voltage output from the sensor.

I'll have to look through the MrFred closed loop boost tables and see how it's set up. I'm guessing you'll need to create a scaling for the 4bar and then retune the tables.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

I changed my boost adder from 14.7 to 6.7 and it matches the target boost now. I looked for the map/tables as you stated in the MAP sensor thread and in the ecu based boost control.... (looking for ecuflash rom changes) and I found nothing related.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Aaron...my phone is dead or I would call!

20% off as in... it reads 20% higher than actual? Or it reads 20% lower than actual?

I currently dont have an EcuFlash variable that is MAP vs. Load. ???

I'm looking at the Baro vs. MAP setting... from my dabblings I guess that it should be set at 69.8 or approximately 70. I'm going to go try it.
If scaled at 1:1, i noticed that 29psi isnt 300kpa it was more like 240ish or so.

aaron

Quick Reply: OmniPower 4 bar settings