Notices

The DTC Disable thread (P1235, P1241, P1238, etc)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2009, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tephra
Hit me up with an email and ill send u the ASC part of the FSM

<guess this part> @ gmail.com
Sent.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 06:37 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
ok some codes for ure condition:

C1000 Abnormality in stoplight switch circuit

C123B Prolonged operation of ASC

C121C Torque request signal rejection

C1290 CAN time-out error

C123C Abnormality in G and yaw rate sensor

C2205 Internal abnormality in steering wheel sensor

U0401 Engine malfunction detected

+ more

Sounds like u need the code scanned!
Old Oct 27, 2009, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

ok some codes for ure condition:

C1000 Abnormality in stoplight switch circuit

C123B Prolonged operation of ASC

C121C Torque request signal rejection

C1290 CAN time-out error

C123C Abnormality in G and yaw rate sensor

C2205 Internal abnormality in steering wheel sensor

U0401 Engine malfunction detected

+ more

Sounds like u need the code scanned!
Well time to give something back to the community, I will get it scanned guys, i know there are others out there who have this problem.

Ill flip the bill I'll report back later, hopefully i have something.

Tephra, any chance you think a disable for these codes are possible?

Also this doesn't seem to affect performance, so I am guessing it's more of a dummy light? I will read the FSM when you send it and maybe that will help. Would be sweet to get rid of this annoying occurrence.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by murlo26
Well time to give something back to the community, I will get it scanned guys, i know there are others out there who have this problem.

Ill flip the bill I'll report back later, hopefully i have something.

Tephra, any chance you think a disable for these codes are possible?

Also this doesn't seem to affect performance, so I am guessing it's more of a dummy light? I will read the FSM when you send it and maybe that will help. Would be sweet to get rid of this annoying occurrence.
IIRC these codes come from a different ECU... so I doubt there will be disable for them.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 06:50 AM
EvoM Guru

Well I am leaning towards "torque reduction blocked"

Have you changed your TPS tables at all?
Old Oct 27, 2009, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Well I am leaning towards "torque reduction blocked"

Have you changed your TPS tables at all?
Not sure, would have to ask my tuner. I will get back to you.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 06:56 AM
EvoM Guru

well from memory the TQ reduction request is implemented using the TPS tables (one of them anyways)

so if the tooner has made changes to them he could have inadvertantly broken your traction control function.

can you get the the car to slide around corners WITH THE ASC ENABLED (ie default)?
Old Oct 27, 2009, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

well from memory the TQ reduction request is implemented using the TPS tables (one of them anyways)

so if the tooner has made changes to them he could have inadvertantly broken your traction control function.

can you get the the car to slide around corners WITH THE ASC ENABLED (ie default)?
Haven't tried to get my car sliding, lol. I rarely lose traction even when ripping around corners. My stock tires are still pretty sticky, only get to use them half the year here in Minnesota, snow=fail.

But my car when going around corners seems to lose power if I am going real fast, so maybe that is the ASC backing off the power, from the little I read so far from what you sent me it sounds like it does that.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:15 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it's tripping that in high gears/low rpm then most likely need to tweak your torque limit tables (even with the CELs off)

Have a couple 10's now at over 30psi, no codes, no ASC lights.. and even more track (with turns) Evo 10's with no fourth of July on the dash either.

- Bryan
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Evo 10's with no fourth of July on the dash either.

- Bryan
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

If it's tripping that in high gears/low rpm then most likely need to tweak your torque limit tables (even with the CELs off)

Have a couple 10's now at over 30psi, no codes, no ASC lights.. and even more track (with turns) Evo 10's with no fourth of July on the dash either.

- Bryan
Well I guess that brings me to my next question, well questions.

First, the ones over 30psi, I assume have been running for a while now? I guess I ask because you could go a while without tripping this event, you have to be at low rpm and run high boost for it to happen, which isn't really a common occurrence, at least not for me, usually 5th gear cruising trying to get around someone or merge is when this happens in a 50 or 45 zone.

Next question:

The DTC disable, which I am running, will that just prevent the car from going into limp mode? Because when this happens, i do not get any loss in performance. So maybe the error is because my torque tables still need to be raised? I know my tuner raised them and then we eventually threw in the DTC disable to try and fix this issue. So this was happening before the DTC disable was put on my car. And at the same time he raised the torque tables again.

But after reading the ASC piece that Tephra sent me, well bits of it (its long), it looks like the ASC might be doing this because the ECU isn't giving it back the results its looking for? So perhaps my tables need to be played with to get this under control?

Any ideas guys? I am still going to get the code pulled because that should help narrow it down, but if I have to go get a retune it wouldn't be the end of the world. I still trust my tuner, its not a huge issue for me, just an annoyance.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:39 AM
Account Disabled

The DTC disable, which I am running, will that just prevent the car from going into limp mode? Because when this happens, i do not get any loss in performance. So maybe the error is because my torque tables still need to be raised? I know my tuner raised them and then we eventually threw in the DTC disable to try and fix this issue. So this was happening before the DTC disable was put on my car. And at the same time he raised the torque tables again.
Yup. Turning off the CEL requests turns off limp mode. But the can still trip things as the CAN system is one big network dependent on alot of things.

But after reading the ASC piece that Tephra sent me, well bits of it (its long), it looks like the ASC might be doing this because the ECU isn't giving it back the results its looking for? So perhaps my tables need to be played with to get this under control?
Most likely torque limit tables.

Are you tuned via EcuTek or EcuFlash? If you want to post your torque limit tables I can assist. Or you can send via PM if you want to keep it off the radar.

-Bryan
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Yup. Turning off the CEL requests turns off limp mode. But the can still trip things as the CAN system is one big network dependent on alot of things.

Most likely torque limit tables.

Are you tuned via EcuTek or EcuFlash? If you want to post your torque limit tables I can assist. Or you can send via PM if you want to keep it off the radar.

-Bryan
It's ECUflash, I need to buy a tactrix cable and get ECUflash running on my laptop.

I am probably going to get all that setup here soon. Since now increasing my power level will only increase problems, I want to be able to check stuff out and send logs/etc to my tuner and others if need be.

Thanks for the offer I will send you my tables in a PM in two weeks or so, out of town next week but I should have my cable and it setup after that. If it isn't working.

Thanks Bryan.

I still am going to get the code pulled to verify everything i think, just for fun and people who have this problem won't have to do it ever then.

Dave
Old Oct 27, 2009, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

I just got my car back up and running and my first pull on second gear triggered the "ASC OFF" light.
Seems to do it under full load peak boost area. I never had this before when I adjusted my limit tables instead. This time stock limit tables and did the code delete instead.
I'm also at high boost 26-28psi. It doesnt bother the power of the car. For what I can tell it just triggers the ASC off.
I will try and go back to my old tune with the limit tables and wont touch the code delete.

Last edited by awddyno; Oct 27, 2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by awddyno
I just got my car back up and running and my first pull on second gear triggered the "ASC OFF" light.
Seems to do it under full load peak boost area. I never had this before when I adjusted my limit tables instead. This time stock limit tables and did the code delete instead.
I'm also at high boost. I will try and go back to my old tune with the limit tables and wont touch the code delete.
The DTC disable might be why it's happening, well indirectly since people don't adjust their tables fully then perhaps?

What kind of boost your running on your red now Ron? E-85 now too right?

Quick Reply: The DTC Disable thread (P1235, P1241, P1238, etc)