Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2009, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bump! Please send me somebody the rom!!

Old Sep 28, 2009, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Hey applaud,

I cleaned that huge 94170015 xml as well as the evo7base xml you sent me a while ago. If it is the same one, I have cleaned up most of the tables that don't work, and have cleaned up the code as well. Not all the tables work, and I have removed those tables. If any one wants a copy to compare.

Not dis'n the code you sent me guy, just stating it wasn't very clean. Some structuring had started to take place, but there was a lot of filler. I just removed, and reworked it along the same lines as who ever started to organize it.

Either way, a truley fully defined ROM is still out there, and it has all the tables...

Who's got it?
Old Sep 28, 2009, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Raceghost

Either way, a truley fully defined ROM is still out there, and it has all the tables...

Who's got it?
Are you certain? because I highly doubt ANY Evo 8/9 rom is TRULY 100% defined and 200% correct thus far.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Every table that can be verfified with code that works, is in my def file. Though there were approx 20 tables that showed up various areas, but showed incomplete, ECUFLash wouldn't even let me view any info, it just gave me the grey box stating the deff was incomplete. I removed those deffs, and have them stored in a xml file as well for future use if i find the correct deffs. I scowered and searched as many posts as i can for code in reference to the rom...

I also created a ROMCustom area or section in this ROMID for the specific swtiching between another rom like 96420011 to 94170015. It gives you the 3 specific tables you need to change. ...Well I guess it helps put them in one location, you also may have to change the ECU Periphery 7 location to switch between roms as well.

I was just assuming that the tables that didn't work, were defined in someones rom....

Jack, i will email you what I have, and tell me if it is as clean as can be. It is very organized.

Let me know.

EDIT: I am missing the new Gear based boost tables in this rom though, for I have not yet tested and worked with that code yet. Other than that the Tephra V.5.1 works...

EDIT 2:: ALL SCALINGS are in the evo7base.xml, as well as the evo7base tables. ALL MEMORY ADDRESSES, and detailed info on specific tables, has been located to the ROMID.xml.

Would recommend this for the Generation ALL ROMID.xml's
I would be willing to convert them all to this format as well. If it would please the coding guru's. It is a headache, but I thinkk worth it for the standardization process I here some of you suggest. Just my additional contribution. 1 member has the xml's currently and will let us know. Anyone else, shoot me a pm with email and it's yours. NO MAPS INCLUDED for I have some help on my maps from vendors, you just get the xml's, no .HEX file.

Last edited by Raceghost; Sep 28, 2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Just a teaser of what it looks like. No grey tables...
Attached Thumbnails fully defined 94170015-94170015teasaer.jpg  
Old Sep 28, 2009, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well....I sent out all that I had to get this ball rolling. Time to return the favor.

Paul
Old Sep 28, 2009, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

For sure paul. Just adding some help, again total life saver when you sent that to me.

I lost all my roms this weekend, and had that, but when I opened it, all my maps changed etc. So i spent the rest of the weekend tracking down all the code, and tables, and checking, and rewriting, etc. Just trying to donate to the cause. Had to start somewhere.

Thanks again. As soon as I can get Jack's email, I will send it to him for the wiki, or for checking against what we have.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

What all changes did you have to make the to ROM and XML files? I know they were a bit disorganized, but I didn't think I was missing anything. Exctept for the gear based boost stuff. I never put it in because I use an AVC-R EBC so there was never a need for ECU controlled boost.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

A bunch of the ICSV tables that are extra over stock, do not work, there are some timing tables that don't work, or show up but say incomplet...let me post my saved xml of the tables I could not get to work.

Get back to you guys in a bit.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

I don't have any "extra" stuff that I know of. All of my tables work perfectly too. Please explain what you mean.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Could be something in the code I had. THe zip file I think you sent me, the evo7base.xml was about 38 kb in size, then there is another one labeled evo7base_20081101.xml that is 51 kb in size, and then there is the actual ROMID.xml that is 22kb.

I may of combined or my ECUflash program may have picked up botht eh EVO7base.xmls and utilized both, I have noticed that ECUflash looks at any map with the ROMID that is used.
I will post those thoughts in another thread labeld "Best xml. editing and flashing practices", and reloading of those xmls to your car in conjuntion with the your ROM.hex. You pro's may already be aware of this, but it is not really coverd in the forum any where.

I found this out this weekend as well when I lost some of my roms and rebuilt one.

Either way, I apologize, I am still new to the ECUFlash sort ofthings and how the program looks at your data and xml's.

I will post the tables that don't work for me in a minute, at work currently, and just trying to find a moment to stick them up.

Last edited by Raceghost; Sep 29, 2009 at 02:22 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

There are 2 seperate evo7base xml files because modded roms will look for the stuff in the extra base file. The regular base is for evos that do not have mods. You can combine the two to make one, but that will make for a big file. Several smaller files are faster to read and easier to use than digging through one huge file. Hope this makes sense.

We can work on it together. My goal was to make sure I have everything. Where it sits in the code was never an issue. I am certain it can be cleaned up a lot.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

There are 2 seperate evo7base xml files because modded roms will look for the stuff in the extra base file. The regular base is for evos that do not have mods. You can combine the two to make one, but that will make for a big file. Several smaller files are faster to read and easier to use than digging through one huge file. Hope this makes sense.

EDIT: That does make sense on having a mod file, and then the base files...hmmmm so 4 files possibly. The stock ones, and the added xml's for only mods. (lightbalb) , i was thinking about that as well...totaly missed this earlier...
We can work on it together. My goal was to make sure I have everything. Where it sits in the code was never an issue. I am certain it can be cleaned up a lot.
Be happy to work with you. Open to all.

It does, and I agree with you, however, becasue of how the ECUFLASH writes the rom, you get confusion in the actuall processing of your cars ECU, this is what I was going to put in the thread I am going to write. Not tooting my horn or Software language/enginneering training here. Just want to contribute. (I went through a 2 year associates program, but have never coded professionally, so just wanted to clarify that.)

ECUFLASH compares the maps prior to writing them to the ECU. When it does this, any changed variables are written in new xpace of memory everytime. I found when I lost my ROMS and had to start over, my entire map memory and some of the tables changed.

All the tables that were working are working again, and I don't have all the tables that were not working due to multiple deffinitons from multiple roms.

My point is, I was getting mixed code in the actual ECU of the car, due to how the software and hardware are utilized inthe program. Again, not bi))))ing or gloating, just utilizing what I learned in logic programming for writing software.

Either way, my car runs smooth now, and the map has been restored to previous state prior to losing the roms, and guess what, my midrange knock at 2500 RPMS to 3500 RPMS that everyon has been talking about lately.... GONE!

Flawless. 2 counts of knock for 45 miles. 1 here, 1 there. I am just talking about the structure of the xmls here, and the logic at which the flash program reads/writes to the ECU.

If the rom addresses are moved each time you flash, you change the seek/read rate of the ecu in the car. This can be to your advantage, or disadvantage.

Cleaning up the code and structuring it inside the ECU, and utlizing this practice when you find new tables, and write/add to the xml's, it will streamline your flashing and your ecu to run smooth all the time.

thanks for listening, any thoughts?

Last edited by Raceghost; Sep 30, 2009 at 11:15 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

I understand everything you are saying. I am far from a great code writer. Heck I only took one code class in college and that was years. From my basic understanding though, you are on the right path. The more organized and logical the code, the better the end result.

I supplied the necessary code.....you cleaned it up. Now we are even closer to perfection. I am eager to see your changes.

Paul
Old Sep 29, 2009, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

I WILL NOT SEND MY STUFF TO ANYONE ELSE ! !

It irritates the hell out of me that several of us on here work very hard to build up these xml and ROM files so that "tuners" can use us to make themselves a buck. What nerve people have. Where is the dignity, integrity, and honor in stealing someone elses work to make a profit for yourself?

Quick Reply: fully defined 94170015