Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 294 Likes on 235 Posts
Thanks for the info Biggie. What you said brings up another issue I am having which might be the cause of my issues.

It said to save TM in the normal ROM folder. When I do that and I go to open it in ecuflash, I cant find it. I can see all the other ROMs but not TM. So what I did is I merged the TM into my existing 0715 ROM. I can see all the new TM options like that but again, I cant see my existing fuel and timing maps. I have to remove the TM from my ROM and then everything shows again. I mean its not the end of the world as I have already manually merged over my fuel and timing maps and it seems to be good but I have not loaded it in to the car to verify. I checked over stuff like the MAF and injector settings with TM enabled and they do seem to match my original tune. So I am hoping all I needed to do was merge the fuel and timing maps.

Going back over to map switching. Do you know what map #2 is labeled as? I am going to guess "alt fuel" and "alt timing"? Is there anything for a 2nd boost map cause I didnt see one? I dont remember off the top of my head but I dont think I saw a boost per gear either and I am pretty sure thats supposed to be there.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 03:49 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
Thanks for the info Biggie. What you said brings up another issue I am having which might be the cause of my issues.

It said to save TM in the normal ROM folder. When I do that and I go to open it in ecuflash, I cant find it. I can see all the other ROMs but not TM. So what I did is I merged the TM into my existing 0715 ROM. I can see all the new TM options like that but again, I cant see my existing fuel and timing maps. I have to remove the TM from my ROM and then everything shows again. I mean its not the end of the world as I have already manually merged over my fuel and timing maps and it seems to be good but I have not loaded it in to the car to verify. I checked over stuff like the MAF and injector settings with TM enabled and they do seem to match my original tune. So I am hoping all I needed to do was merge the fuel and timing maps.

Going back over to map switching. Do you know what map #2 is labeled as? I am going to guess "alt fuel" and "alt timing"? Is there anything for a 2nd boost map cause I didnt see one? I dont remember off the top of my head but I dont think I saw a boost per gear either and I am pretty sure thats supposed to be there.
the second set of maps is labeled alt maps

So your tephramod xml file needs to go into C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\mitsubishi\evo . Then you can open up the tephra rom no matter where it is stored.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Thats exactly where I put it and when I went to open it up through ecuflash, it wasnt there. All the other files were there but not the one I added. Now if I manually went in to the folder (not through ecuflash) its still there. Thats where I am confused. Its there but its not there, you know?

Let me see if I can do some screen shots when I get home and I will post them up.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
Thats exactly where I put it and when I went to open it up through ecuflash, it wasnt there. All the other files were there but not the one I added. Now if I manually went in to the folder (not through ecuflash) its still there. Thats where I am confused. Its there but its not there, you know?

Let me see if I can do some screen shots when I get home and I will post them up.
You don't load the xml through ecuflash directly, it does it automatically. What you load in ecuflash is the rom file. If its not loading the XML you will get an error when loading the rom file.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:52 PM
Evolved Member

Well that's the problem then, it didn't do it automatically. I had to do it manually. The xml worked fine when I manually loaded (copy and pasted) it. Did nothing when I added it to the file address you previously linked. Don't know....

However, I had a bit of free time tonight and typically that's not good. But tonight was all good. I Installed my Walbro pump to see if it fixed my lean WOT issue and it did. At the same time, I loaded my TM calibration in. To my surprise, it fired up and ran great. Whatever I did worked how it should. I mean just look at this AFR graph! I picked up 2hp and 2tq from it running lean and a few counts of knock to having fuel and back to 0 knock. Now to move on to installing my bigger injectors and figuring out the scaling and latency. Then e85. Biggie, I really do appreciate your input on the matter.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

And once again, I cant edit my previous post. Here is the graph.

Last edited by Lumpy Sticks; Jan 4, 2019 at 12:08 AM.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 06:40 AM

thats pretty strange, if I was you I would try downloading a fresh copy of ecuflash from tactrix and reinstalling it. You didn't change the ROM ID of your tephra rom by any chance did you?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

I can try removing and reinstalling. Guess it wont hurt anything. Nope, didnt change the rom ID at all. I might just leave it how it is though. Everything seems to be working fine. Here is how it displays as of right now.

Old Jan 4, 2019, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

I just noticed something else while going through the options. I dont have desired boost based on psi. Instead its desired boost on load. Is it a simple change? Kinda the same thing I did in ecuflash before TM?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi guys! im ajim iam interested in the rom and tuning software.
im new in tuning and perhaps you guys can guide me through this process? or share which one to follow?

im modding my evo but to be safe, now currently in stock package.

1. what is the good rom to workable with.(do u have the rom file so i can flash? currently using JDM 2011 SST Evo X MR Mapping (with 180kmh speedcut)
2. Im using Grimmspeed boost controller - i havent set it yet
3. wideband need to connect to rear o2? cant use the USB - im using innovate LM-2 currently
4. im trying to push boost 1.2 bar and tune it to good mapping and combustion.

care to advise? thx bro!
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jdm 8 MR rom and XML

Hey all, could someone please send me the tephra v7 rom 96260009 and XML. I made a donation a couple days ago but haven’t heard anything yet. Happy to send through my donation receipt to who ever can send me files as proof of donation.

UPDATE: All good guys Tephra has emailed me the files.

Cheers

Last edited by VEVO-8MR; Feb 25, 2019 at 04:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ae92rolla91 (May 26, 2019)
Old Mar 15, 2019, 01:52 PM

I also would need Tephras answer (v3 for Evo7) after donation but no response since 2 weeks for now...
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by azimx7
hi guys! im ajim iam interested in the rom and tuning software.
im new in tuning and perhaps you guys can guide me through this process? or share which one to follow?

im modding my evo but to be safe, now currently in stock package.

1. what is the good rom to workable with.(do u have the rom file so i can flash? currently using JDM 2011 SST Evo X MR Mapping (with 180kmh speedcut)
2. Im using Grimmspeed boost controller - i havent set it yet
3. wideband need to connect to rear o2? cant use the USB - im using innovate LM-2 currently
4. im trying to push boost 1.2 bar and tune it to good mapping and combustion.

care to advise? thx bro!
There is Ecuflash section for EvoX, this thread is for Evo1-9. Good luck.
Old May 21, 2019, 01:08 PM

I haven't got any response from tephra since months.
Has anybody the requested 90550701 (v7 Evo7) rom and xml?
Or an information on which media I can reach him.
I have already donated...

Any help would be great!
Old May 26, 2019, 02:42 AM

Jdm evo 8 donation

I have just sent through a donation for the evo 8 jdm donation map. Has anyone know of when tephra was last on the forum or a rough response time.
I have loved the additions introduced in the mods list and really want to get it running on my import 03 evo 8.
Thank you to anyone can help with my questions

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7