Notices
ECU Flash

FIC 2150cc notes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2010, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
your RPM SD is the main issue its lean. Higher numbers are richer, lower are leaner. Also on the MAPVE you have it WAY rich at tip in and not quite rich enough (again higher number, this time on the right side) at WOT.

aaron
thanks aaron,
i do understand somewhat how the RPM SD tables work. but i dont yet understand what the MAPVE table is changing? where is "tip in" and where is "WOT" ? i see load values and map values and have it set up as was instructed on an SD setup thread but did not explain what any of this stuff does.

i played with the MAP VE table a bit since i had the car in open loop and was trying out a few things but in the end it would always run like crap. so i turned closed loop back on.

I have tuned a ton of cars on AEM, hondata, and few evos with stock roms are no problem, SD on the other hand has too many weird tables that no one really knows about.. but im learning and im still diggin thru threads for hours trying to learn whats right.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Update from my car.

I have a dead/starting to go bad o2 sensor. So please disreguard my stuff about going lean.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by chamelieon
thanks aaron,
i do understand somewhat how the RPM SD tables work. but i dont yet understand what the MAPVE table is changing? where is "tip in" and where is "WOT" ? i see load values and map values and have it set up as was instructed on an SD setup thread but did not explain what any of this stuff does.

i played with the MAP VE table a bit since i had the car in open loop and was trying out a few things but in the end it would always run like crap. so i turned closed loop back on.

I have tuned a ton of cars on AEM, hondata, and few evos with stock roms are no problem, SD on the other hand has too many weird tables that no one really knows about.. but im learning and im still diggin thru threads for hours trying to learn whats right.
It takes awhile to get it setup. The easiest way is to leave the left side of the MAPVE alone, and only make changes to the right side typically. I could tell from your ratio at 199kpa that its pretty rich based on the right value of 244, and alternatively the 340/388 combo shows lean up top. RPMVE is set at 83-86-84 which is going to be lean, 100 being a richer value.

Really the only tables that are different and need modified are the RPMVE and MAPVE when doing SD. They are honestly only fuel modifiers and I know exactly what they do

I havent explained any of what the tables do because after the shootout and seeing a car take 6 hours to get tuned where I can do it in a 1/2 hour it became apparent I need to keep my mouth shut. From what I can tell, anyone else who knows what they do are currently following the same program.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

ok I understand where your going... ill figure it out. I just want to make sure something completely out of the loop didnt go wrong. im having all these problems ever since I put in the injectors, before that i was on FIC850s and could add subtract fuel from my tables no problem, now when i added the 2250s and scaled everything with your settings and latencys everything was fine BUT WOT boost was lean, so i added 10% fuel everywhere and nothing, another 10% and nothing. my tables are sitting near the 8s and my fuel is 13AFRs. i noticed my AFR MAP value sits at 11.38 from 4k+ to redline.. it never changes.. so maybe thats my problem. im seeing 280load down to 240ish.. i keep playing with every table i can and my idle, cruise all changes i can see everything go pig rich but WOT never changes.. lean..
Old Sep 27, 2010, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Throttle tip in will be your map/ve values above 61kpa. The car transitions into positive manifold pressure (boost) above 100 kpa. Your car will idle around 35-45kpa. To richen things up increase your rpm ve. You'll most likely want to decrease your map/ve values around 61 & 41 to get the fuel trims tight while idling and also not running too rich transitioning into boost.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Creamo3
Throttle tip in will be your map/ve values above 61kpa. The car transitions into positive manifold pressure (boost) above 100 kpa. Your car will idle around 35-45kpa. To richen things up increase your rpm ve. You'll most likely want to decrease your map/ve values around 61 & 41 to get the fuel trims tight while idling and also not running too rich transitioning into boost.
thanks for the help.. i have read thru 100s of threads and its sinkin in my head its pretty much as you explained.. im going to try out a bunch of things and find out what works the hardway!
Old Sep 27, 2010, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Adding the fuel in the map has far less effect than adding it in either the RPMVE or MAPVE. If you added 10% there, that is a ton. Get those values back up to 100% in the RPMVE where you currently have 83 and you'll see what I mean.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

im finally getting the hang of it. I finally put in the double pumper and filled up on E85.. so far my crusing is spot on and WOT goes to 10 AFR which i can work on that, rather rich than lean. idle is fine. its only light throttle accel and free revving where i see the o2 % pin on +25% so i know thats my map ve i have to tweak, i have heard about logging both load and kpa and that will show you exactly where to line up the map ve tables, I can log load with 3 diff parameters but I cant find the parameters and algorithm to log kpa thru evoscan so i can setup the table the right way..

so far im hitting 290ish peak loads (26lbs) and idle is like 37 and cruise is around 60..

i changed my map scaling to 1319 for the E85.. so far the LTF and MTF show -3% or so.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bringing this back, and absolutely great info. I have read about half of the posts on this thread and need to read the rest because I am having similar problems, especially with my IPW's sitting steady at 1.28ms. I have an 04 evo8 on SD, stock ECU, FIC 2150's. Our biggest issue is getting the injectors to flow when coming on boost. They won't pore anymore fuel in regardless of what we do. We are using the scaling that FIC provided with the injectors (which is spot on with Aaron's). Any help would be greatly appreciated. That, or I'm getting a standalone....
Old Jan 5, 2011, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoLutionized8
Bringing this back, and absolutely great info. I have read about half of the posts on this thread and need to read the rest because I am having similar problems, especially with my IPW's sitting steady at 1.28ms. I have an 04 evo8 on SD, stock ECU, FIC 2150's. Our biggest issue is getting the injectors to flow when coming on boost. They won't pore anymore fuel in regardless of what we do. We are using the scaling that FIC provided with the injectors (which is spot on with Aaron's). Any help would be greatly appreciated. That, or I'm getting a standalone....
Tip in is the problem? What are your current SD settings?

aaron
Old Jan 6, 2011, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Tip in is the problem? What are your current SD settings?

aaron
definitely will check TIP and also see what SD settings were input. Tuner is out of town, but should be back tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the help Aaron. Mike
Old Feb 19, 2011, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

What scalings are being used for people on 2.0L and running E85? Maybe update the first post to specify pump gas & E85 scaling?
Old Feb 19, 2011, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
E85 scaling for me is 1218...
Old Feb 19, 2011, 09:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie
E85 scaling for me is 1218...
you should note what fuel and liter so others know. thats 93oct and 2.4L right?

also mine is e85 2.3L and what put my trims within -3% were 1329 for anyone else that reads this thread
Old Feb 19, 2011, 11:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am at 1329 as well, Tom. E85 with a 2.3.

Quick Reply: FIC 2150cc notes