Notices
ECU Flash

iPad + EcuFLash ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2010, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this **** is already out. check limitless.co.nz. evo4mad has updated the site. it uses an ipad with evoscan not ecuflash yet. it connects over via bluetooth. i would love to get the software on the ipod or iphone. he has the app but he hasnt made it available publicly.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

The HP slate is out, and most likely would be a better fit than the iPad

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en...0-4332585.html
Old Oct 26, 2010, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that's sweet untill u forget or brake your ipad, or someone sellings it..
Old Oct 26, 2010, 07:49 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by downshift411
this **** is already out. check limitless.co.nz. evo4mad has updated the site. it uses an ipad with evoscan not ecuflash yet. it connects over via bluetooth. i would love to get the software on the ipod or iphone. he has the app but he hasnt made it available publicly.
downshift mate, you are a little old skool... evo4mad was my old forum name. now my forum name is just evoscan (or you can refer to me as Hamish) the website is no longer www.limitless.co.nz thats too hard to remember.. its now easier... its www.evoscan.com

and yeah because I already have map editing and reflashing, I don't see any reason why the new EvoScan 4 iPad software on a big 10 inch screen can't do reflashing and map editing and map tracing for EvoX too

I have an HP slate, and mate, it sucks.. Apple invented the mouse.. now ipad can kill it off easier than the rest too The HP slate is too keyboard centric, and will never catch on.

for people spending $1200 bucks on a car pc.. now instead they can buy an EvoScan 4 ipad kit, comes with bluetooth connectors and 2 different style of in-car 360deg swivel brackets for the ipad. it has voice control and all sorts of cool stuff man. you have no idea.. I will start making you tube vids soon, so I can show you what I mean. My next project focus is solely on iphone 3GS iphone4 and ipad. Prepare to be amazed expect nothing less from evoscan I guess
Old Oct 27, 2010, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoscan
downshift mate, you are a little old skool... evo4mad was my old forum name. now my forum name is just evoscan (or you can refer to me as Hamish) the website is no longer www.limitless.co.nz thats too hard to remember.. its now easier... its www.evoscan.com

and yeah because I already have map editing and reflashing, I don't see any reason why the new EvoScan 4 iPad software on a big 10 inch screen can't do reflashing and map editing and map tracing for EvoX too

I have an HP slate, and mate, it sucks.. Apple invented the mouse.. now ipad can kill it off easier than the rest too The HP slate is too keyboard centric, and will never catch on.

for people spending $1200 bucks on a car pc.. now instead they can buy an EvoScan 4 ipad kit, comes with bluetooth connectors and 2 different style of in-car 360deg swivel brackets for the ipad. it has voice control and all sorts of cool stuff man. you have no idea.. I will start making you tube vids soon, so I can show you what I mean. My next project focus is solely on iphone 3GS iphone4 and ipad. Prepare to be amazed expect nothing less from evoscan I guess
why the starting point on iphone 3gs? how come not 1g,2g, ipods etc. I know the ipods dont handle bluetooth too well but others worked around it. I know on the ipod not all electronic bluetooth devices sync, but if it could .if you need to test bugs on ipod 2g's let me know. i'll definitely run trials.

I'll wait for that, and the day we have evoscan as our gauge cluster.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:47 AM

My next project focus is solely on iphone 3GS iphone4 and ipad. Prepare to be amazed expect nothing less from evoscan I guess
No love for iphone 3G Now, I have a reason to upgrade to an iphone 4
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Very interested this will be a huge success! when do you reckon it will be finished Hamish?

Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

wow just seen it in your store;

http://www.evoscan.com/evoscan-gps-o...b-wifi-edition

so software, bracket and cables are $177.00 can you pm me please.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 01:16 AM
Evolving Member

Hamish do you need to have the WB02 wired into the ecu to log wideband or is there a USB availability to connect the wideband to?
Old Oct 29, 2010, 03:28 AM
Evolved Member

I say scratch the IPAD wait for a good android tablet. Oops posted this reply after only reading 2 pages. lol. Nice work above. Still waiting for a good sized android tablet.

Last edited by mchuang; Oct 29, 2010 at 03:30 AM.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 10:55 AM
Account Disabled

Does the iPad software work with the Evo 10?

- Bryan
Old Oct 29, 2010, 09:07 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Does the iPad software work with the Evo 10?
- Bryan
Yeah it will support EvoX Mode23 CAN, Mitsubishi MUT, Toyota ISO/CAN, Subaru SSMI/SSMII Datalogging. And I'll evaluate how stable the connection is for live mapping and EvoX reprogramming.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 01:24 AM
Evolved Member

I like that, but I wouldn't use it to replace my stereo. It's far too big and frankly unattractive.

BUT, an iPad app for ecuflash, evoscan, and something to display digital gauges....that would be pretty sick.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 04:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mchuang
I say scratch the IPAD wait for a good android tablet. Oops posted this reply after only reading 2 pages. lol. Nice work above. Still waiting for a good sized android tablet.
Exactly what i'll be doing and for one reason.

the IPAD is to big for an Evo dash install
being 10" you can clearly see the difficulties for an install but im going to order an APAD next week
http://www.apadonline.co.uk/

I've seen that the APAD can run windows so does this mean we can run the gauges via normal evoscan or would the size be out of scale?? or would we need specific software?

running on windows 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa4_B...eature=related

running on xp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScC4ZB_hg10
Old Nov 22, 2010, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

The HP slate 500 does look impressive, the aPad not so much. Might take a trip down to BestBuy or a similar store and see if they have a demo unit.

If you did buy the aPad post up a review.

Quick Reply: iPad + EcuFLash ?