Notices
ECU Flash

Converting from AEM EMS S1 to oem ecu+SD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2011, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Converting from AEM EMS S1 to oem ecu+SD

I'm parting out my car and I've been on AEM before anyone had discovered SD mode on our ecus. I'm trying to figure out what needs to be done to convert it back to stock ecu. The wiring harness has the Maf plugged spliced for the AIT sensor and the map sensor plug has a gm style 5 bar aem sensor wired to it. Can I keep the harness how it is and just pick up a new ecu from someone and make it work in SD with the harness or what ever everyone does?

Also how do I go about the immobilizer? I dont have the digits to work with my key and I've never gotten a straight answer how to disable it because everyone thinks I'm trying to steal a car.

Any help going back to the stock ecu guys? I do need to do more research on the whole SD conversion but I don't want to do it if I have to do alot of wiring and splicing plugs
Old Jun 3, 2011, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fast3voviii
I'm parting out my car and I've been on AEM before anyone had discovered SD mode on our ecus. I'm trying to figure out what needs to be done to convert it back to stock ecu. The wiring harness has the Maf plugged spliced for the AIT sensor and the map sensor plug has a gm style 5 bar aem sensor wired to it. Can I keep the harness how it is and just pick up a new ecu from someone and make it work in SD with the harness or what ever everyone does?

Also how do I go about the immobilizer? I dont have the digits to work with my key and I've never gotten a straight answer how to disable it because everyone thinks I'm trying to steal a car.

Any help going back to the stock ecu guys? I do need to do more research on the whole SD conversion but I don't want to do it if I have to do alot of wiring and splicing plugs
wirings fine as long as the 5bar is running off the same wires as the oem plug and the IAT is running on the mafs iat signal wire