Notices
ECU Flash

How unsafe is my new tune?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that AF curve looks like a dirt bike track, lol.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Kracka
Please demand your money back
Way ahead of you.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

can you PM who gave you the tune? or tell the community so we can avoid this "tuner"
Old Jun 24, 2011, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah, that's hosed. At that AFR and Boost if it was running any timing, things might have already gone boom. The low timing has probably prevented a major malfunction.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
that AF curve looks like a dirt bike track, lol.
I laffed.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 07:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dang bro looks like u got raped ... go get ur money back and get ur self a good tuner bro
Old Jun 24, 2011, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

My boost: even more shocking in graph form! I overlaid the log with a log of my old tune, which looks great except that I didn't get the BBK to run 25 psi. I certainly didn't want 36 psi either.

Whether or not I disclose the tuner's identity depends on how he treats the refund situation.

Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blitz
My boost: even more shocking in graph form! I overlaid the log with a log of my old tune, which looks great except that I didn't get the BBK to run 25 psi. I certainly didn't want 36 psi either.

Whether or not I disclose the tuner's identity depends on how he treats the refund situation.
that is BS.

you asked the forum for help/advise and you've gotten that. In return you should at least help to prevent others from making the same mistake you did by letting the forum know who to avoid when looking for 'toons'. its only fair.

how said tuner takes care of your refund will be a reflection of their integrity, but the damage is already done. if this guy gives you a full refund all will be OK in your eyes, but that doesn't help the next person who comes along to use his services and winds up in the same position you are in or WORSE.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

that is BS.

you asked the forum for help/advise and you've gotten that. In return you should at least help to prevent others from making the same mistake you did by letting the forum know who to avoid when looking for 'toons'. its only fair.

how said tuner takes care of your refund will be a reflection of their integrity, but the damage is already done. if this guy gives you a full refund all will be OK in your eyes, but that doesn't help the next person who comes along to use his services and winds up in the same position you are in or WORSE.
^^X10....Definitely agree with what was said above...
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Kracka
Worst tune, if you want to even call it that, I've seen in a while. Please demand your money back and find a reputable tuner.
+1. OP, if you need anything, feel free to PM/Email/call/text me.

that is BS.

+1
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

that is BS.

I would have done this right away if it the tune was done by a shop or even someone who offers tuning services to the evom public. It was actually done by someone who comes to the US from overseas to tune cars a few times a year for events. I got the "connection" through a mutual acquaintance. So there shouldn't be too much danger in other evom members getting tuned by him.

Tell you what though. If you're ever in the Chicago area and have the chance to get tuned by a guy from Poland who comes over here to tune rally cars for events (think Pikes Peak and X Games), remember this thread. I know how stupid it makes me look that I trusted such a person but I heard lots of good things from local people. Lesson learned.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
+1. OP, if you need anything, feel free to PM/Email/call/text me.
Thanks much but I'm working with Tom at VR Speed at the moment. I think I'm in good hands.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks much but I'm working with Tom at VR Speed at the moment. I think I'm in good hands.
I would agree that you are
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Tom strikes again! haha...
Old Jul 13, 2011, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

damn Blitz hopefully all gets settled and Tom hooks you up with a kick *** tune.

Tom make this BBK Full shine like its supposed to!

Quick Reply: How unsafe is my new tune?