Notices
ECU Flash
View Poll Results: What is your favorite WB?
AEM
37.38%
Innovative LM-1 or LM-2
8.41%
Innovative LC-1
15.89%
Zeitronix
34.58%
PLX
1.87%
NGK AFX
0%
Glowshift/STRI/Prosport
1.87%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

What is the best WB02 from YOUR experience?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
i ditched my lc1 due to all the trouble with needing perfect wiring/grounding and programming voltage offsets etc. since the PO of my car hacked it together. Mine held calibration all the time though.

i just installed an aem inline uego. Much easier setup, worked once i realized i used the wrong variable in the evoscan formula

seems to be working flawlessly now, i just have an inherent distrust for widebands after the lc1 incident though.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by deeman101
I've used my AEM for close to a year and 20k miles. No issues...

...That said it does have narrowband simulator and a couple other types of output you can use.
It does? I was pretty sure it only had a white analog output wire?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by project_skyline
So its time to find another WB02 to use for tuning.
My previous setup was Innovative LM-1, it was nice and worked for a few years without issues but then it stopped logging on any programs.
I sent it to innovative and they charged me to fix it, it returned only to work for 30 seconds before crapping out again with the same problem. I attempted to get in contact with them after with 0 response in emails or phone calls.
So at this point they can take a hike and shove this worthless POS where the sun don't shine. The shop machinist also had very little to say about the LC-1 which seemed to eat sensors like no ones business.
Which BTW, if you own a innovative WB you can get the same sensor that is sold by them from Autozone and O'Reilly for half the price or less. I'll get part numbers tomorrow.
So post up your experience with your current or past Widebands and vote what your favorite is.

That suks so many folks have had issues with the LC1. I have had mine since 07 and no issues. Except recently when I am running on E85 it kind of weirds out a little bit but I haven't recalibrated the WB parameters for the 85 so that may be why... but I am pretty sure it may be time for a new sensor.

OP please post those part Autozone/O'Reilly's part #'s when you get em yea. And for the thread if I ever end up scrapping my LCI/XD16 combo it would be for the Zeitronix. It seems to be pretty popular with the tuners around here and i don't think too many people have ever had issues with em..

Last edited by tiggeryellow1; Aug 11, 2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zeitronix is the most reliable, longest lasting, compatible with evoscan and doesn't require free air calibration. Made in the usa unlike most of the china/taiwan garbage in the list
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tiggeryellow1
That suks so many folks have had issues with the LC1. I have had mine since 07 and no issues. Except recently when I am running on E85 it kind of weirds out a little bit but I haven't recalibrated the WB parameters for the 85 so that may be why... but I am pretty sure it may be time for a new sensor.

OP please post those part Autozone/O'Reilly's part #'s when you get em yea. And for the thread if I ever end up scrapping my LCI/XD16 combo it would be for the Zeitronix. It seems to be pretty popular with the tuners around here and i don't think too many people have ever had issues with em..
There is nothing you need to do or setup differently with a gasoline calibrated wideband and ethanol "E85". If your reading is screwing up, its your lc1 not your calibration.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Love my Zeitronix, have hooked up as well their boost sensor, EGT, fluid temp for gear box. Only issue I have is the serial output, using a converter to USB, my laptop often takes a dump when trying to get it to log.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Lots of great feedback guys. Updated first post.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 07:02 AM
drb
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
My first LC-1 wouldn't hold calibration. After looking at that forum and finding that many others had the same issue, I spent many hours with the wiring, grounding, voltage offsets etc. I never could get it to hold calibration. I sent it back and they sent me a new one that works perfectly and has never had a calibration issue. Seems like it's hit and miss with the LC-1 and therefore I will go with the AEM the next time.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 07:01 AM
Evolving Member

Zeitronix vote for me. I've been using mine for 3 years now and it has just worked without any issues.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 08:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Resi
I had an LC1 and had a similar experience to yours, sent it in for a repair and couldnt get it to hold calibration. Sent it in for repair again and they sent me a brand new unit that I sold on the board.

Picked up a zeitronix ZT2, and have had absolutely no issues since I installed it ~3 years ago!
This is the story for so many of our customers. I have a box full of junk LCs from Innovate. Customers just leave them behind and we install Zetronix Units. ZT-2s have never broken, NEVER and they do everything you could want them to do. AEM is just a gauge, not a proper system like a ZT2. A gauge is just something you can show a chick while she is riding shotgun! It is nothing to tune with! Unless you can see logs you will screw things up in most cases.

ROAD/RACE
Old Aug 15, 2011, 05:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
having worked with both the aem and zeitronix (the ones with the most votes here) id have to say they are both nice, but the aem doesn't have a range like the zeitronix does, and the zeitronix seems more responsive in general and has better feedback as far as wideband functionality goes. i do have a aem in my personal car though lol.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 03:22 PM
Account Disabled

For me the AEM gets the vote, it is easy to install and you cna log it... the zeitronix is nice as well, just do not like any of their bulky displays...
Old Aug 15, 2011, 03:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Freddie@Spec-Ops
For me the AEM gets the vote, it is easy to install and you cna log it... the zeitronix is nice as well, just do not like any of their bulky displays...
They have a line of gauges just like AEM.

Old Aug 15, 2011, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ROCK
This is the story for so many of our customers. I have a box full of junk LCs from Innovate. Customers just leave them behind and we install Zetronix Units. ZT-2s have never broken, NEVER and they do everything you could want them to do. AEM is just a gauge, not a proper system like a ZT2. A gauge is just something you can show a chick while she is riding shotgun! It is nothing to tune with! Unless you can see logs you will screw things up in most cases.

ROAD/RACE
If they are junk, I'll take em off your hands at no charge!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 07:59 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
They have a line of gauges just like AEM.
Forgot about those gauges, good call Jay!

Quick Reply: What is the best WB02 from YOUR experience?