Notices
ECU Flash

Guru needed!!! using bcs pwm signal for secondary injectors?..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2012, 02:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ezz-e
From my learning experience in the automotive industry the EGR opens based of a load,speed and tps input in the ecu
Yes, but the 'duty cycle' needs to be determined by a timed interval. I just wanna make sure its something we can use.

-Jamie
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1- To protect your ECU, you should build a small PCB with some extra transistors to drive the new set of injectors.
2- With a small 741 alike op-amp, you should be able to read load (IPW) on any original injector, a capacitor can do the average value and a potentiometer can adjust the trigger for the 2nd set of injectors when needed...
Hope it helps.
Cheers.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 06:04 AM
Former Sponsor

As long as the load is the same and you add a protection diode across the injectors, it should be fine. Again, the question is what is the frequency of the BCS output? It's not RPM controlled so I imagine it's a set frequency.

-Jamie
Old Jan 17, 2012, 06:51 AM
Former Sponsor

I just confirmed with MrFred that it's definitely a constant frequency of 20Hz (if memory serves him) and he said it could changed with a patch.

-Jamie
Old Jan 17, 2012, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I would be very concerned about it being at a fixed frequency and not driven at the same frequency as the normal injectors. Especially if you are talking about putting these injectors in the runners where the fuel doesn't disipate evenly into the airflow.

Think about this for a second. If it is running at 20Hz, that means at 1200 RPM, you are getting one injection per cycle and would be considered "batch fire" injection. Double it and at 2400 RPM, you are getting one injection event per intake stroke.

Above 2400 RPM, lets say 4800 RPM with a 50% duty cycle. Every other intake stroke is getting ZERO fuel and it only gets worse as engine speed increases.

Also, this idea of putting a 25 ohm load in series with the injectors in parallel is a bad idea. You would be giving the injectors about 2 volts to open and close and the rest will be disipated in the resistor. The injectors won't even open with less then about 8 volts. Sure, it might be 28 ohms, but your power ratio is terrible.

There are some serious flaws to this plan.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 09:25 AM
Former Sponsor

I just realized that it's a dead end. That circuit can only support a maximum of about 0.5amp of current but even a single high impedance injector will need around 1.2-1.5amps.

It's easy to get around the set frequency. It's just math and logging of IPW.

(WGDC/100)*50= WGipw in mIlliseconds.

(60/RPM)*2= MAXipw per RPM

So to log actual IPW of the added injector would be:

(WGipw/MAXipw)*100

-Jamie

Last edited by Dynotech Tuning; Jan 17, 2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 09:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Plus you would need to add an injector latency to the mix as well.

Ideally, just spend $299 and get an AEM injector driver.

-Jamie
Old Jan 17, 2012, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

It's more then logging the IPW that I'm talking about, but yeah, it's a dead end.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 03whitegsr
It's more then logging the IPW that I'm talking about, but yeah, it's a dead end.
I understand that you mean that the pulsewidth is not starting/stopping with any correlation to the engine RPM cycle. And again, dead topic,lol.

-Jamie
Old Jan 17, 2012, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still think if some one was able to program some EGR or FPR control we could use them are output controls with a injector driver box.

http://www.fjoracing.com/products/injdrvr/

http://forcedfour.com/4channelinjectordriver.htm

http://jbperf.com/p&h_board/v2_0.html

here is a picture on how the ecmlink guys are controlling the egr and fps output
Attached Thumbnails Guru needed!!! using bcs pwm signal for secondary injectors?..-egr-control-ecmlink.png  

Last edited by ezz-e; Jan 17, 2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Greddy Rebic doesnt have any latency control. They have the option to run 100% IDC batch, or trim it at percentage. Latency is more idle and cruise anyway and isnt really a consideration where these would be operating.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

FWIW, if it were possible to up the frequency to around 80Hz I think you could uses either output as a PWM output to control an additional injector driver box that controlled injectors in the intercooler pipe.

The other option here, use injector scaling in the alt maps to accommodate the injector change. Simply use this output to activate an additional injector controller (turn on a relay) and use the original injector signals to control the secondary injectors. If you used the same injectors for both sets and they are good injectors, that's about all that would be needed as the normal injector comps would handle the latency. The alt maps would simply need to activate the EGR output to turn on the additional injector controller and then double the injector size.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:43 AM
Former Sponsor

FWIW, if it were possible to up the frequency to around 80Hz I think you could uses either output as a PWM output to control an additional injector driver box that controlled injectors in the intercooler pipe.

The other option here, use injector scaling in the alt maps to accommodate the injector change. Simply use this output to activate an additional injector controller and use the original injector signals to control the secondary injectors. If you used the same injectors for both sets and they are good injectors, that's about all that would be needed as the normal injector comps would handle the latency. The alt maps would simply need to activate the EGR output to turn on the additional injector controller and then double the injector size.
I agree that this would only be helpful if the fuel delivery was before the intake runners. Especially since there is no correlation between the actual RPM and the frequency used on the BCS circuit.

MrFred said that the frequency can be changed with a patch and you've seemed to become well versed with the coding...think you can find a way to edit it?

-Jamie
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

HAHA
No, I'm not at all comfortable writing patches at this time.

I can usually find things in the ECU and get it wrong for mrfred to come in and correct my understanding on it.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 02:56 PM
Former Sponsor

HAHA
No, I'm not at all comfortable writing patches at this time.

I can usually find things in the ECU and get it wrong for mrfred to come in and correct my understanding on it.
lol, well you're still ahead of me. I'm dying to learn but I have no time to dive head first into it

-Jamie

Quick Reply: Guru needed!!! using bcs pwm signal for secondary injectors?..