Notices
ECU Flash

how does the "SD MAP Sensor VE and Calibration" table work?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 06:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
it creates jitters that cant be removed from what ive heard that i can remove on the regular SD.. i have not personally tested it first hand, but there's no reason for it imo.. the 2d tables are more then enough to get the job done.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
also, I'm running 88591715 because its the v7 SD ROM ID from tephra's thread but none of those ROM ID's are listed as tested with the omnipower 4bar.

i'm kinda stuck....with the hex addresses being different in each rom, I'm looking for one thats been tested and verified. Its got to exist, too many people use SD....

what am i missing here.

Last edited by 06Black; Apr 9, 2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
just curious what load cells is this guy seeing? 10* across 210+ for everything is very strange ...
Old Apr 9, 2012, 06:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Evoryder
just curious what load cells is this guy seeing? 10* across 210+ for everything is very strange ...
beats the hell out of me.. first time i ever seen someone try to run 50deg timing on a evo though.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 06:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 06Black
also, I'm running 88591715 because its the v7 SD ROM ID from tephra's thread but none of those ROM ID's are listed as tested with the omnipower 4bar.

i'm kinda stuck....with the hex addresses being different in each rom, I'm looking for one thats been tested and verified. Its got to exist, too many people use SD....

what am i missing here.
is this a 2006 evo 9 SE GSR EDM not USA right? or is this usa? you can use the usa rom for the edm just fine..

your location says the mitten is that michigan or something else?

just download a new rom from the tephra v7 thread from an sd rom in there for 4bar and work your way into it.. do not alter the timing again to 50deg+ like you did there.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
beats the hell out of me.. first time i ever seen someone try to run 50deg timing on a evo though.
50* at cruise is a little adventurous. I know it's a recession but damn! Imagine the EGTs @ that. His A/F has to be at least in the 18:1
Old Apr 9, 2012, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have to agree with everything that's been said so far. I've run both the 2D and 3D SD roms and found the 3D to be too buggy. Never ran quite right. Also that timing map is asking for trouble, 10 degrees at peak torque probably has you way past MBT. E85 won't knock until you bend a rod or vent your block.

Edit: Also to answer your original question, the KPA to Load table references your 4-Bar map sensor to know how much vacuum/pressure is in the intake manifold. If you were to set your table 1:1 you would be in vacuum from 0-100kpa/0-100load and would transition into boost over 100kpa/+100 load.

Last edited by Creamo3; Apr 9, 2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 04:45 AM
Evolving Member

I cant really push the car long enough to truely see how the load moves thru a gear with my current issue. a second or two into the pull the afr goes from being on track to bat **** lean, that is what highlighted this load issue.

once i can actually do a solid pull i can keep building the map.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 04:51 AM
Evolving Member

cruse timing. builds cylinder pressure in light load to form some sort of useful low end torque and keeps the egts down. its really more of a mass flow creator to help drive the exhaust mass up and get the turbo on its way.

I'm sure ive still got the plots of when i was working with the bottom end of the map to show how egt, spool response(min rpm for positive manifold pressure), and bsfc (granted it was calculated from ipw) change as i was adjusting that area of the advance map.

i also tried playing with the SD sensor table calibration again to control what boost levels caused specific changes in load...but no luck yet. I'll make a final post about that when i'm done here.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 04:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Creamo3
I have to agree with everything that's been said so far. I've run both the 2D and 3D SD roms and found the 3D to be too buggy. Never ran quite right. Also that timing map is asking for trouble, 10 degrees at peak torque probably has you way past MBT. E85 won't knock until you bend a rod or vent your block.

Edit: Also to answer your original question, the KPA to Load table references your 4-Bar map sensor to know how much vacuum/pressure is in the intake manifold. If you were to set your table 1:1 you would be in vacuum from 0-100kpa/0-100load and would transition into boost over 100kpa/+100 load.
define 1:1 please.....as in 1kpa=1% load?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 04:55 AM
Evolving Member

is this a 2006 evo 9 SE GSR EDM not USA right? or is this usa? you can use the usa rom for the edm just fine..

your location says the mitten is that michigan or something else?

just download a new rom from the tephra v7 thread from an sd rom in there for 4bar and work your way into it.. do not alter the timing again to 50deg+ like you did there.
its a USDM car, and I'm in Michigan.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 04:59 AM
Evolving Member

50* at cruise is a little adventurous. I know it's a recession but damn! Imagine the EGTs @ that. His A/F has to be at least in the 18:1
the timing might be a bit out of the norm, but it works like its intended.

the egts are quiet low in comparison, sure the relatively high engine load brings them up, the advance level keeps the combustion event so far away from the exhaust valve opening that the egts are "cold" (its all relative!) its more about getting as much combustion pressure as possible with so little incoming airmass as to run the exhaust mass flow rate as high as possible so the turbo responds.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

The main reason i was asking for that ROM ID is because i know when i copied the code for the omnipower 4bar sensor it was for an ID that was close to, but not exactly mine. i was new to all this and just dident think enough about it.

if the hex addresses are wrong in the code i used, the car isnt using the MAP sensor correctly. with those addresses being different in the code for each rom ID, there is a good chance of that.

this would explain why the calibration table never seems to work correctly. ive got it set so 210kpa (~30psi) = 250% (just for a test of my theory) load but its passing that load value at considerably less manifold pressure then that (5-7psi)

thus i think my issue is from me using the wrong code for the map sensor.....i'll test it today.

thoughts?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 05:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
define 1:1 please.....as in 1kpa=1% load?
Yes, if you were to set this VE to Load the values would be the same in each column. Then when you're logging you'll see that when you transition out of vacuum to boost it will go from sub 100 kpa/load to +100kpa/load.

You should just use Tephra V7 9656713 (or whatever the code is); the settings are already defaulted to the Omni 4-bar and you don't need to add anything to the XML.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 06:58 AM
Former Sponsor

cruse timing. builds cylinder pressure in light load to form some sort of useful low end torque and keeps the egts down. its really more of a mass flow creator to help drive the exhaust mass up and get the turbo on its way.

I'm sure ive still got the plots of when i was working with the bottom end of the map to show how egt, spool response(min rpm for positive manifold pressure), and bsfc (granted it was calculated from ipw) change as i was adjusting that area of the advance map.

i also tried playing with the SD sensor table calibration again to control what boost levels caused specific changes in load...but no luck yet. I'll make a final post about that when i'm done here.
sorry but 50deg+ timing has no business being in a 4g63.. especially an evo 9.

Quick Reply: how does the "SD MAP Sensor VE and Calibration" table work?