Notices
ECU Flash

Mapping Evo 6.5 TME

Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mapping Evo 6.5 TME

Hi Guys,

I have a very low mileage JDM TME that is completely standard apart from a HKS Mushroom filter and hard pipe at the moment. I run the car on either Shell V-Power (98 Ron) or Tesco 99 (Momentum) here in the UK.

Now I have Evoscan and EcuFlash (Beta) and a OP 2.0 cable etc.

I have succesfully downloaded the ROM file and also made a couple of adjustments based on a tuning guide I found on here (I think) and re-flashed the ecu with the file.

I'd like to get a few toys enabled if I can, however as this is my first time using the above software I have yet to be successful enabling anything such as Anti-lag etc, so any help will be great.

Also if I post up my rom file could somebody maybe add the geeky mod or ceddy mods what ever they are please?

I have done a few pulls also in 3rd and find that I still get some counts of knock, all though I have removed some of the timing across the board. Not sure if it maybe phantom knock, so again if anybody cares to have a look I'll also post the logs.

Thanks for any help offered,

Keith
Attached Files
File Type: zip
EvoScanDataLog.zip (30.2 KB, 0 views)
Keith's Evo 6.zip (48.3 KB, 0 views)
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:15 PM

Forgot to say I am looking to get as much boost as I can with it standard, but safely and also as much throttle response and torque as I can.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
http://geekmapped.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1945

have you read that?
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
Hi there,

Yes I have had a good read of that thread and others, however I can't download any of the files from that forum as even though I have registered and clicked on the verification email my account has still not been activated by the administrator. I have sent an email quite some days ago, but my account is still not active

Keith
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:25 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
Is ceddy mods a pay for software set up?

lastly, I know its going to have an upfront cost, but you could always adopt an evo 7/8 ecu and use all of the tephra stuff for them.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
Is ceddy mods a pay for software set up?

lastly, I know its going to have an upfront cost, but you could always adopt an evo 7/8 ecu and use all of the tephra stuff for them.
You can choose to download the file without making a donation, so you can try the mods and then donate at a later date.

I would prefer to keep the car as original as possible, so will continue with my quest
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:47 PM

Anybody on here able to help point me in the right direction? I have downloaded the Ceddy stuff and modified the xml file for the TME rom, so now I can see all the different options available. Is it safe for me to flash the ECU with this version? And if so, can I revert back to the original TME map if I wanted to do so in the future?

Thanks,

PS. Anybody on here a member of geekmapped who can help me get my account activated on there too?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by krtme
Is it safe for me to flash the ECU with this version? And if so, can I revert back to the original TME map if I wanted to do so in the future?
Yes you will be able to revert back to the stock any time. It's safe to flash, but it's not always safe to drive, there are several key points that need to be checked after flashing. In the log you have attached in the first post I haven't seen any actual AFR and boost data output.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:25 AM

What would I need to check afterwards? Which options do I need to tick in Evoscan for boost and AFR's?

Thank you for posting too,

Keith
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This part is very important for flashing The TME Ecu:

"7203 ECUs (Evo6.5 TME)
Most Evo5/6 ecus use the 7202 cpu. But some late model 6.5s switched to the 7203 cpu. If you are unsure which cpu you have, you should open the case and check the writing on the cpu(large square chip).If the cpu reads MH7202F, you are fine.

If the cpu reads MH7203FA, you need to change the <memmodel> in the 25570100.xml file.
Change:
<memmodel>H8539F</memmodel> to <memmodel>H8539FA</memmodel>
Be sure to switch it back if Flashing another 5/6 ecu. Flashing with the incorrect <memmodel> may brick the ecu, so care should be taken."

You should try contacting one of Geekmapped moderators here in EvoM so they grant you access to Geekmapped, they are Grayw abd AndyF. There really is a lot more Evo 5/6 tuning info there than here.

To log boost you need to install a Map sensor following Ceddy´s instructions and setup, as if you where preparing to go with speed density.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by RJSP
This part is very important for flashing The TME Ecu:

"7203 ECUs (Evo6.5 TME)
Most Evo5/6 ecus use the 7202 cpu. But some late model 6.5s switched to the 7203 cpu. If you are unsure which cpu you have, you should open the case and check the writing on the cpu(large square chip).If the cpu reads MH7202F, you are fine.

If the cpu reads MH7203FA, you need to change the <memmodel> in the 25570100.xml file.
Change:
<memmodel>H8539F</memmodel> to <memmodel>H8539FA</memmodel>
Be sure to switch it back if Flashing another 5/6 ecu. Flashing with the incorrect <memmodel> may brick the ecu, so care should be taken."

You should try contacting one of Geekmapped moderators here in EvoM so they grant you access to Geekmapped, they are Grayw abd AndyF. There really is a lot more Evo 5/6 tuning info there than here.

To log boost you need to install a Map sensor following Ceddy´s instructions and setup, as if you where preparing to go with speed density.
Thanks for your input, I haven't yet opened the case as I can't quite work out how to remove the ECU from the car Any threads on this?

But EcuFlash Beta reports the chip as H8539FA and says that it uses the 2737001.xml rom file, so do I really need the modify the one you say above?

I will give those guys a message and see if they can help me out on Geekmapped.

I will also install a map sensor as you suggest, thanks for the help so far.

Keith
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

No need to remove or open your ECU, just add the "A" to the memmodel in the Ceddy Mods 25570100.xml file and you´ll be able to reflash your TME without trouble; if you ever work with another MH7202F Ecu the you just delete the "A".
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by RJSP
No need to remove or open your ECU, just add the "A" to the memmodel in the Ceddy Mods 25570100.xml file and you´ll be able to reflash your TME without trouble; if you ever work with another MH7202F Ecu the you just delete the "A".
Ok thanks. But again why do I need to use the 25570100.xml file as mine is different to that according to Ecuflash. I have renamed the original 2737001.xml to 2737001_old.xml and copied the xml code from the file provided by Ceddy into a new version of 2737001.xml.

See attached file, will this not work? And if not do I need to remove these files altogether so that EcuFlash will revert to 25570100.xml?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get this straight in my head.
Attached Files
xml_files.zip (9.0 KB, 0 views)
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:08 AM
Evolving Member

Ok thanks. But again why do I need to use the 25570100.xml file as mine is different to that according to Ecuflash. I have renamed the original 2737001.xml to 2737001_old.xml and copied the xml code from the file provided by Ceddy into a new version of 2737001.xml.

See attached file, will this not work? And if not do I need to remove these files altogether so that EcuFlash will revert to 25570100.xml?

You need to use (patch, locate in ecuflash folder...) that xml which corresponds your ROM file. If you are going to use 27370001 rom file (that's your original file), then you are using xml with 27370001 id.
Haven't checked xml files, but ecuflash shoud throw an error if there is an incorrect line, as well you will see if new maps are shown correctly.
In ecuflash folder you can have several modified xml files, there is no need to remove them, just make sure, that there is no duplication.

Last edited by dolphin888; Sep 26, 2012 at 03:15 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

You need to use the 25570100.xml with the added "A" because that´s the xml that enables all of Ceddy mods; your original TME xml becomes irrelevant. The only "correction" you need to do once you are using the Ceddy rom is go to "limits" and select "Ignition Retard limit", it will be at "5" and you need to change it to "-5.1" or even lower if you want (you change it by clicking Edit and then set data = - 5).

Also you will have to copy ceddy´s Evoscan xml in evoscan folder (follow instructions) in order to log the new uncapped parameters like 2byte rpm, 2byte airflow Hz, 2byte load, etc.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mapping Evo 6.5 TME