Flashing an Airtrek Turbo - Page 20 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Flashing an Airtrek Turbo

Old Oct 31, 2017, 04:20 AM   #286

Drives: 2003 Airtrek turbo

Thanks guys - i bought a DW 200... seems pretty straight forward. will report back !

Old Nov 1, 2017, 06:26 AM   #287

Ok! So i got the 1.3U yesterday and today got it connected. It needed the 2nd connector modified (green wire to the tactrix reflash cable using bullet clamp) before i could read anything. Once that was done it did read the ECU.

However the only option under ''select vehicle type' in ecuflash that uses the sh7055 '512'kb' memory module also uses 'mitsukernalocp'... so after reading the ecu it is telling me i have a 2005 model as this combo is used for the 2005 definition (i have a 2003). The definition for the 2005 is no where near as complete as the 2002 defiinition (no AT options etc).

So how can i set the read method to be 'SH7055' and 'mitsukernal' as all the other options that use mitsukernal are only 256kb?

Old Nov 2, 2017, 04:50 AM   #288

Drives: 2002 Mitsubishi Magna AWD

You will need to create a custom read template file. You can find others by searching but you can also create one by going into the "read templates" subdirectory with ECUFlash's metadata directory and copying the read_evo7.xml file (call the copy something like read_airtrek.xml). Then edit the copied file to change the ROM size and vehicle name.

The Following User Says Thank You to WytWun For This Useful Post:
OzAirtrek (Nov 2, 2017)
Old Nov 2, 2017, 07:18 AM   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by WytWun View Post
You will need to create a custom read template file. You can find others by searching but you can also create one by going into the "read templates" subdirectory with ECUFlash's metadata directory and copying the read_evo7.xml file (call the copy something like read_airtrek.xml). Then edit the copied file to change the ROM size and vehicle name.
Aha! i knew there must be a way - thanks for that!

Old Nov 3, 2017, 04:48 PM   #290
Evolving Member

Drives: Airtrek Turbo R 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzAirtrek View Post
Aha! i knew there must be a way - thanks for that!
I may still have all of the files, let me check.

The Following User Says Thank You to limaynard For This Useful Post:
OzAirtrek (Nov 4, 2017)
Old Nov 4, 2017, 02:39 AM   #291

Quote:
Originally Posted by limaynard View Post
I may still have all of the files, let me check.
That would be great thanks! Did you have the 2 byte logging working in the MUT table? Im trying to get my head around that but i know i dont have the values anywhere (and they don't seem to be in the 2 byte thread).

I go the DW 200 fuel pump installed yesterday - not quite a drop in replacement. The pump itself is the right size (the electrical connectors need a simple modification). However the fuel pump carrier assembly is quite different to the evo. Still seems to be working fine

Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:38 AM   #292

Drives: 2004 Airtrek Turbo

I could send you my tune which is the most defined 80070010 file. I will have to go through and adjust all of the values and table back to stock though as I am manual converted and run a TD06SL2R-20G on my car so everything is fairly modified from stock values haha. If you save and download your original tune and then load on this tune over the top of it it will give you everything you need in terms of 512kb file size, ultra defined trans maps and the 2byte load as well. I got it off a guy in nz who had a very fast airtrek and it has been golden for me. Drop your email below and I can also send you the read file as well in case you don't have it

The Following User Says Thank You to bradswims11 For This Useful Post:
OzAirtrek (Nov 4, 2017)
Old Nov 4, 2017, 05:23 PM   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradswims11 View Post
I could send you my tune which is the most defined 80070010 file. I will have to go through and adjust all of the values and table back to stock though as I am manual converted and run a TD06SL2R-20G on my car so everything is fairly modified from stock values haha. If you save and download your original tune and then load on this tune over the top of it it will give you everything you need in terms of 512kb file size, ultra defined trans maps and the 2byte load as well. I got it off a guy in nz who had a very fast airtrek and it has been golden for me. Drop your email below and I can also send you the read file as well in case you don't have it
Brilliant! - PM sent

Old Nov 4, 2017, 07:50 PM   #294
Evolving Member

Quote:
That would be great thanks! Did you have the 2 byte logging working in the MUT table? Im trying to get my head around that but i know i dont have the values anywhere (and they don't seem to be in the 2 byte thread).

I go the DW 200 fuel pump installed yesterday - not quite a drop in replacement. The pump itself is the right size (the electrical connectors need a simple modification). However the fuel pump carrier assembly is quite different to the evo. Still seems to be working fine
I had the same problem with pump. Never got 2 byte logging working.

I am running a scan on a corrupt disk trying to find the files. I let all of my stuff go when i sold the Airtrek in 2014...

Old Nov 19, 2017, 04:54 AM   #295

Power cut issues

Hey all,

So im having an issue where my AIrtrek is just totally dying under load. To me it feels like a fuel cut. For example pulling away from lights or just accelerating and the power will just totally drop mid rpm as if i had taken my foot of the pedal. Take my foot off and put it back on and usually seems fine. The strange thing is its not at all regular, i could drive all week and it never happen.

Any ideas on the cause? My thoughts are it is the ecu cutting fuel or a dirty filter (is there another fuel filter in the engine bay?) The fuel pump is new so that's not the issue and until it happens the car drives smooth and as per normal.

Could excessive knock cause it? i noticed on a log im getting 6 or 7 knock under load about 4500 rpm. Im using 98 RON so i found this surprising...

Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM   #296
Evolving Member

I would check the stepper motor. Not a big job. Mine went and it would do the same thing.

The Following User Says Thank You to limaynard For This Useful Post:
OzAirtrek (Today)
Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM   #297
Evolving Member

You can get them online.

Old Today, 05:32 AM   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by limaynard View Post
I would check the stepper motor. Not a big job. Mine went and it would do the same thing.
Thanks i will try that. I would have thought that the idle control wouldnt effect it under load (3000rpm) but it has had a low idle every now and again..

Did you also have idle symptoms?

Old Today, 02:37 PM   #299
Evolving Member

Quote:
Thanks i will try that. I would have thought that the idle control wouldnt effect it under load (3000rpm) but it has had a low idle every now and again..

Did you also have idle symptoms?
Yes, it would try to stall at low revs but it would die (sometimes) when i tried to accelerate. It finally went when driving through a national park and I had to call NRMA. He had no clue but after spraying WD40 down the intake it started and I got home. I decided to take stepper motor out (IACV) and there was a small bit of plastic broken.