Notices
ECU Flash

Flashing an Airtrek Turbo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 02:15 PM
VVV

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OzAirtrek
Ok so after a lot of reading (and advice from other members here - thank you) it seems my best option is to be getting rid of the 89970017 rom and flashing the 89970010 so i have all the definitions working (just coping the defs wasnt working as the axis memory addresses are wrong).

Has anyone here flashed from 017 to 010? Others seem to have done it..

what should the read method be? (010 is mitsukernal and 017 is mitsukernalocp). Id love to hear someone'else has done the same exact version change - i really dont want to brick the ECU! haha
You cannot brick the ecu, it simply won't reprogram with a wrong method. Which, in turn, depends on the year, not sw version - its a hardware characteristic, not software.
The following users liked this post:
OzAirtrek (Dec 8, 2017)
Old Dec 8, 2017, 01:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Well i got it to flash! - i flashed this 0010 rom from the russian airtrekers site
  • AIRTREK-89970010_2byte_egr.hex - included 2 bytes of the load, revolutions, airflow, maps of the EGR
I changed the read methods to mitsukernalocp (same as my original rom). Car is running fine. Now i have some definitions to work with!
Old Dec 11, 2017, 01:01 AM
Evolving Member

So i have done a few logs now and managed to pretty much tune out the knock i was getting (max was 7 about 5000rpm on wot runs). The 2 byte load, rpm and airflow seems to work well. What i cant work out is the map sensor reading..

I'm seeing max of 32.8 on 'map' and and 33.09 on 'jdm map'... even taking out 14.7 for 1 atmosphere this doesn't add up as it is all stock - shoud be under 10 psi right?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 08:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For evoscan

Code:
<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="MAPAirtrek" LogReference="MAPAirtrek" RequestID="38" Eval="0.19348*x" Unit="kPa" MetricEval="x/2" MetricUnit="kPa" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="350" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="350" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="Manifold Absolute Pressure in kPa" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
The following users liked this post:
OzAirtrek (Dec 13, 2017)
Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:23 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks C00LMAN!
Old Dec 13, 2017, 04:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by limaynard
My views on Boost control on Airtrek Turbo (should be similar to Evos)

This is how I THINK it MAY work - I would welcome any input, corrections or observations.

The main tables in play are:

Waste Gate Duty Cycle (WGDC) - 3 tables
This controls the amount of air reaching the Wastgate Actuator which in turn controls when the Wastegate opens.

Boost Desired Engine Load (BDEL) - 3 tables

This sets the load that the ECU wants to achieve via boost control.
The WGDC sets the baseline but these tables set the ideal / desired load to be achieved as a maximum.

Boost Control Load Offset (BCLO)
This is an amount that is added to the BDEL - for instance if the BCLO is 50 and the BDEL at a particular RPM is 150 then the ECU will try to achieve an
engine load of 200 as a maximum.

Turbo Boost Error Correction (TBEC)

This determines how much percentage adjustment is added to the WGDC to attempt to get closer to the BDEL, when the corect conditions exist. The % change is determined based on the percentage error.

Max Total Upward WGDC Correction vs. TPS (MUWC)

This table seems to determine the maximum amount of correction to be applied based on throttle position sensor (TPS). For instance, if the engine load is much lower than the BDEL but this table has 0 for the relevant throttle position then no correction is applied or if the required correction is higher than the maximum in the table then the correction is limited to the value in this table.

Boost Limit - 2 tables (Gear N, 1, 2) and (Gear 3, 4, 5)

This determines the engine load vs. RPM at which point the boost cut / fuel cut kicks in.

Boost Cut Delay Timer

This sets the time that elapses before the boost cut / fuel cut is applied

What this all means?

Now, I am having to figure this all out because I have fitted the Tactrix 3-Port BCS and a T04HL-19T Turbo.

When fitting the 3-Port the WGDC needs to drop but by how much?

Also, when fitting a turbo with more airflow (such as my 19T) then does the BDEL may need to be lowered as it flows more air for the same level of boost?

What SEEMS clear to me is that under normal driving conditions such as low TPS conditions, that the WGDC table controls boost and needs to be smooth to keep a nice constant boost level, however when the TPS is above certain limits (as defined in the MUWC) then the ECU will switch over to trying to achieve the BDEL.

This means that when you hit the throttle, the boost error correction, as defined in the TBEC, will be applied up to the maximum set in the MUWC but then revert to the boost curve determined by the WGDC when you back off the throttle.

This would seem logical (to me anyway) and I will test this once I can log it all (including boost) using the Evodroid.

I may be totally wrong but at present it seems to be about right but I need empirical evidence to validate...

Attached is also my view of a flowchart to help explain my thinking.
Ok another newb question I wanted to try raising the stock boost a few psi - say 10% but looking at a stock Trek where your WGDC is set no less than 70% and one one of the 3 maps never goes below 98% across your RPM range you have almost zero adjustment to play with in terms of raising boost ? As i understand it the boost Offset also wont mean much if the stock solenoid is already maxed out right?

So you then need a basic bleed valve or go to the three port... or am i missing something? Limaynard, i know you eventually got your three port working well with your 19t.. do you think it is worth doing the three port for the standard turbo?

I plan to do the td05 or 19t next year but it will have to wait a while so im thinking the best route to go in the mean time
Old Apr 16, 2018, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone help me please. i am trying to read an airtrek using ecu flash and it reads as far as 14% the throws up an error indicating to see log for details.
The log has "interface close"
What do i do now????
I am a newbie and a noob.... HELP
Old Sep 12, 2018, 03:25 AM

2002 Airtrek turbo xml

Originally Posted by GregM
The xml for the Airtrek hat comes with ecuflash is completely wrong. PM me with your email address and I'll get a decent xml to you.
Hi there, I don't suppose you still have that xml file for an Airtrek? I recently bought an Airtrek and all the tactrix gear to re-flash the ecu. I'm a novice at all this and don't really know what I'm doing, any help would be very helpful.

cheers.
Craig.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 03:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Craig Pounsford
Hi there, I don't suppose you still have that xml file for an Airtrek? I recently bought an Airtrek and all the tactrix gear to re-flash the ecu. I'm a novice at all this and don't really know what I'm doing, any help would be very helpful.

cheers.
Craig.
Hey Craig. The definition that comes with ecu flash is all good if you have the ecu ending 010 (there are three or four types). If you read your ecu and it comes up as that then you are all good to go.. if you have another ecu id then I would recommend flashing your car to the 010. Have you managed to download your current ecu rom yet? That is the first step...
Old Sep 12, 2018, 03:40 AM

I have not been able to connect to my ecu as of yet, I made an Airtrek read rom though which got me a little closer to connecting, beforehand, there was no option of an Airtrek showing up.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 04:11 AM
Evolving Member

I have not been able to connect to my ecu as of yet, I made an Airtrek read rom though which got me a little closer to connecting, beforehand, there was no option of an Airtrek showing up.
Ok! Well you're on the way! Your memory type should always be SH7055 but the read method can be either mitsukernal or mitsukernalocp. If one doesn't work just change your read file and try again.

For my Trek (2003) I had mitsukernalocp with ecu id ending 017. I flashed the 010 stock rom and then modified the 010 definition file to have mitsukernalocp.

You can also flash the GTA rom .. the Russian Airtrek site has this and a bunch of other files

Old Sep 12, 2018, 04:15 AM

Ok, thank you, this is what I have so far.
Attached Files
File Type: xml
read_airtrek.xml (275 Bytes, 0 views)
Old Sep 12, 2018, 04:21 AM
Evolving Member

Ok, thank you, this is what I have so far.
yep looks good so if that isnt working try changing the read method.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 04:23 AM

Thank you, I'll try it tomorrow.

cheers for the help, it is much appreciated.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 06:01 PM

I think I may have bigger problems, I changed the read method in the rom and that still didn't work, I noticed that the check engine light wasn't working so I pulled the dash apart to find out that the previous owner had siliconed over the bulb, I removed the silicone to find out that the light is constantly on! I have tried to connect to a couple of OBD scanners with no luck, I'm sort of lost as to what to do next.

Quick Reply: Flashing an Airtrek Turbo