Notices

New EcuFlash 1.44.3719 Released

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New EcuFlash 1.44.3719 Released

Hi guys, new EcuFlash 1.44 has been officially released. Tons of new features and bug fixes.

http://www.tactrix.com/index.php?opt...d=36&Itemid=58

Changes since previous (1.42) version:

EcuFlash

--- features --

Large number of definitions have been cleaned up and added (we recommend you use the default rommetadata folder settings)
Make category expansion on file open an option
Make MRU file list size adjustable
Apply 12V Vpp to 2004-2007 DBW Subarus, in case some models check for this
Definition XMLs errors are better identified
Definition metatdata has a notes field that displays in the log window when loading a ROM
Add option to show invalid leaf node tables for definition developers
Help prevent laptop from going to sleep during reflash
Switch to Qwt 6.0
Add Generic3072k and Generic4096k memory models
Added detail to read template selection
Added upload capability for unknown ROMs
Added display of VIN and CVN informationAdd additional checksumming for Mitsubishi M32R ROMs
Added patching module for Mitsubish CAN parameter logging
Added compare feature to compare any 2 ROMs that use the same table names - highlights changes in map tree and cells within maps
Added warning when checksumming is turned off in Subaru ROMs
Added scroll bars to maps that are too large to fit the screen
Support for flashing 512k and 768k M32R Mitsubishi processors (e.g. Colt)
Add H8 checksum module for editing of Evo 7/8/9 ACD ROMs
Add Mitsu CAN RAM parameter logging patch
Add support for Evo ACD reflashing
Show recovery mode in status bar
Add detection of Windows 7
EcuFlash.exe now has signing a proper version info
Add patching engine
Allow copy (not paste) of static values
--- bug fixes ---

Fix size of Generic3072k and Generic4096k memory models
Fix scaling color for NaN cases
Fix shbootmode progress bar
Improve table validation in reading of definitions
Fix document removal bug
Fix bug in checksum adjustment location that could be outside flashable area in the case of 768k Colt ECU
Fix bug where shbootmode FTDI devices were not enabled
Fix bug where OP1.3 (or other FTDI serial devices) had priority over OP2
Fix H8539FA kernel to flash reliably!
Fix table fix table cut paste to not lose precision on large uint32s
Make parsing of user input of 0xXXXX values unsigned to allow full 32 bit numbers
In SH boot mode, use actual multiplier values when calculating bit rate (newer 7058S have 8x mult instead of 4x)
J2534 DLL

--- features ---

Contains newest firmware for OP2 (see below for details)
Add J2534 extension to support variable number of stop bits in serial communications
DLL is now signed and has correct version info
Added ability to add phase offset to periodic messages to control the relative timing of multiple periodic messages
DLL now use OP2 driver for improved performance and reliability (see below for details)
Add device instances ioctl
Add 29-bit CAN / ISO15765 support
Add 5-byte extended ID CAN / ISO15765 support
Add SNIFF_MODE support
Add C++ code samples
--- bug fixes ---

Fix bug in PassThruReadMsgs where fix use of incorrect variable in determining the actual number of messages read affected the result returned
Change ERR_INVALID_DEVICE_ID to 0x1A as it should be
Fix error in parsing of messages when using CAN_MIXED_MODE
Up NUM_PT_CHANNELS to 9 to support innovate
Driver

--- features ---

Driver synchronizes OP2 to system clock to allow log files to have correct time / date if OP2 remains plugged into the car
IMPORTANT - the OP2 now uses a custom driver I wrote for better speed and stability than the Microsoft usbser.sys driver. This allows for reduced latency and a cleaner installation as well. *** This means that initially you must do a full EcuFlash and J2534 / driver install so that all of these components will work together. OLDER ECUFLASH AND OP20PT32.DLL VERSIONS WILL NOT WORK WITH THE DRIVER. **
--- bug fixes ---

Use exclusive file access to prevent multiple connections to the driver
Add USB data disposal when no file is opened
Firmware

-- new features --

Add logging support for Zeitronix ZT2/ZT3 devices (see samples)
Add support for clock synchornization with dirver in order to have accurate file time / date
Add support for 32bit ints with no scaling to avoid loss in precision in that case (before, everything was promoted to a float32). This feature only happens if there is no scaling done to the value
Add finer granularity to "friendly" logging intervals
Add ability to tweak OBD CAN and MRMACAN logging timing using calcsampinterval and calcconstantdelay parameters
Add support for mode $01,$22, and $23 OBD CAN logging
Add support for logging from AEM UEGO and any other devices which output ASCII streams of data (see logging examples)
Add J2534 extension to support variable number of stop bits in serial communications
Add support for LM-1, in both headerless and V2 header configurations (see logging examples)
Add support for logging signed parameters using issignedint=1
Add support for 50kbps CAN
Up to 60 parameters allowed
Completely changed innovate MTS bus logging to support multiple LC-1 and other MTS devices (see subaru k-line adc lc1.txt sample for details)
Support for more flexible lower speed/priority parameter sampling through the use of a new additional parameter feature called sampgroup.
sampgroups are numbered 1 through 15, the number simply being a label. All parameters in the same sampgroup will share a single timeslot. The OP2 will determine how many of each sampgroup there are, build a cycle of that size, and phase each of them properly. This allows you to have different groups of low speed parameters, running at different speeds, each optimally using the sample cycle. (see subaru k-line adc lc1.txt sample for details)

priority = 2 is still allowed, but all it does is assigned the parameter to sampgroup = 1

SD card uses DMA for greater speed in all cases
SD card multiblock read / write to increase speed when connected to USB (800kB/s read / 500kB/s write is typical)
Filesystem operations queued to a separate thread to allow seamless logging regardless of SD card latency
Multibyte parameter (up to 32-bit) mitsubishi support
Support for zeroing sample count each time a new file is started using zerosamplecount = 1
Support for zeroing time count each time a new file is started using zerotimecount = 1
Time count starts on nice intervals
Time only shows to the millisecond
Increased range and fine-granulatrity of possible logging intervals
Improved details in logcfg.out dumps
Support for filling in missing samples if ECU misses a response or two using fillmissingsamples = 1
Support for new file cuttting action "newfile" which starts a new file if your conditions are met (see subaru k-line adc lc1.txt sample for details)
Improved timing estimates for most logging protocols
Up to 4 logging channels allowed (e.g. ssmcan, lc-1, adc, & calculated data)
Support for fast RAM parameters on Subaru CAN vehicles (assuming ROM patch has been made). just use the known RAM parameter ID (0xFFxxxx) and the OP2 will do the rest. reading of multibyte RAM parameters is sped up by the ROM patch which allow reading up to 4 bytes with a specially encoded 3-byte parameter request. due to current Subaru output buffer limitations, only 80 bytes can be returned in a single request, so only 20 4-byte params can be read at a time. i will make some changes to the OP2 firmware in the future to issue multiple requests to overcome this 80-byte of data limit.
New "previous value" parameter added to RPN expressions (e.g. "#RPM" instead of "RPM"). this is useful in creating trigger conditions that are sensitive to the direction of change in a value. for example, if you wanted to capture each dyno pull from 2000rpm to 7000rpm to a separate file, you could set the following conditions:
conditionrpn = #RPM,2000,<,RPM,2000,>=,&&
action = start

conditionrpn = #RPM,7000,<,RPM,7000,>=,&&
action = stop

Writing of logcfg.out has been speed up 100x or more - there is little need to use the debug=noout option anymore
Added some more finely spaced "friendly" logging intervals
Time now starts at 1/1/2009 each time the OP2 boots to give more reasonable looking file times
Green status light now blinks during 5 baud inits (e.g. MUTII)
Parameters and triggers now use RPN based scalings so that you can do arbitrary equations or evaluations. i will add an infix (algebraic/parenthetical) to RPN parser later for those who are confused by RPN...
Calculated / derived parameters are now supported - you can now make new parameters based on equations of other parameters
MUTII logging is now much more robust - it will re-initialize if there is a break in communications
CAN (SSM/MRMACAN) logging is more robust - it will retry if there is a break in communications
SSM K-line logging is more robust - it will retry if there is a break in communications (it used to be this way before, but I had broke it with the priority logging)
Added the ability to set voltages or ground pins - this is handy for MUTII users who need to ground pin 1
Added isvisible option to parameters so that you can use them for triggering or calculations, but not write them to the log file
isfloat=1 parameters automatically default to databits=32 now
-- logging bug fixes --

Fix bug causing Innovate MTS to log at 9600 baud
Fix offset error in Mode $22 OBD logging
Fix bug writing more than 512 bytes at a time to file queue
Increase size of parameter header line buffer to accommodate long parameter names
Fix error in && and || tokens
Increase speed of SSM K-line comms
Fix occasional failed transition to logging after USB disconnect
Fix overly-rapid mitsubishi communication attempts if ECU not responding
Collecting lc-1 data does not cause additional steps in the sample countfix bug where logging could sometimes start immediately after a firmware reflash without they normal delay to check for USB
Fix bug where long SSM responses were not correctly parsed
Fix bug where 32 bit data fields (such as floats) were not masked correctly
Increased mrmacan logging interval estimates to avoid sampling overruns* logging mode now starts if the OP2 is already plugged into OBD and you remove the USB connection - this means you don't have to unplug the OP2 from OBD at all between logging / reading logs / tuning / flashing / etc.
Databits values over 31 could be truncated
Sample time is now in units of seconds
Sample number now should increment by 1 per log cycle for mitsubishis
Fix innovate baud rate bug
-- other bug fixes --

Fixed ISO15765 bug where long messages weren't dealing with CAN packets with lengths other than 8 bytes
Fixed cleanup of filters and periodic messages when using the CAN / ISO15765 / mixed mode channedls
Fixed data loss race condition in ring buffering
Fix rare but critical communications buffer bug that could cause data transposition
Corrected misuse of BS and STMIN in some cases
Fixed flow control bug in ISO15765
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Does it have "Clear DTCs" option?

If not, I'm not using it.

Rich
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by richardjh
Does it have "Clear DTCs" option?

If not, I'm not using it.

Rich
i think your good

just flashed with it seems to work fine i did a quick log and my old logcfg.txt still works fine but im not sure if its mode23 fast or not (since i used the old logcfg and didnt actually do a run but it does seem faster
Attached Thumbnails New EcuFlash 1.44.3719 Released-dtc.jpg  
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:27 PM

Added the ability to set voltages or ground pins - this is handy for MUTII users who need to ground pin 1
Does this mean I can set the 'init' pulse to pin 11 ?

Or will I still need to do it via the audio jack......

If so then I can put away my spliced OBD extension and not have to change plugs from flashing/logging
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
does the time stamp on the Openport logging actually work now?
has someone updated the Op2 firmware and checked.... if so i'll update on the old laptop and throw the firmware on.

the way i read it - as long as you leave the OP2 plugged in to the car after you disconnect the laptop, it will stay synced to the laptop date/time

Like Rich, unless it has Clear DTCs i'm not interested. it's why i've stuck with 1.43.3000
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

Will it work with windows 8?
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gotpsi?
Will it work with windows 8?
I been flashing on Windows 8 no problem.
just make sure you run it as admin.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

I can't believe it took them this long to add scroll bars to those huge *** maps!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Weird things happening with the logging after the update ...

First off, zerotimecount = 1 doesn't work, there is an error written to the .out file and logging never starts.

I updated Ecuflash and the OP firmware and the logging worked fine the first time today. The timestamps on the files were still the old 1/1/2009 or whatever and never changed .

I just went out and did some more logs and this time the timestamps on all the files were correct with today's date and the times when they were started and stopped, but the data inside these logs are all wrong. It looks like the numbers were never scaled according to the scalingrpn formula.

Last edited by TravisF; Dec 30, 2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by TravisF
...... but the data inside these logs are all wrong. It looks like the numbers were never scaled according to the scalingrpn formula.
Yep I am having the same problem after updating the openport firmware....

All of a sudden my knock counts are through the roof !
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:45 AM

are you using the new logcfg ? or your original one
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:00 AM

everything works fine for me but it doesn't seem to log any faster then it did before

im still using this style

;----------------MRMACAN EvoX----------------
; log channel settings
type=mrmacan

;-------------Parameters-------------
;*** 2-Byte RPM ***
paramname=RPM
paramid=0x80878C
databits=16
scalingrpn=x,3.90625,*

i tried this also

;----------------obd EVO X----------------
; log channel settings
type=obd
protocolid=6 ; ISO15765 - the only protocol supported at the moment

; for Evo X
mode23txaddrwidth = 3
mode23txlenwidth = 1
mode23rxaddrwidth = 0

;-------------Parameters-------------
;*** 2-Byte RPM ***
paramname=RPM
mode=0x23
paramid=0x80878C
databits=16
scalingrpn=x,3.90625,*

i added the mode=0x23 to all items being logged

and logging 16 items gave me about 7 samples a second for both methods
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Drkramm
are you using the new logcfg ? or your original one
I cant find most of the addresses in my ECU to log and so am still logging with Evoscan.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by salt36
I cant find most of the addresses in my ECU to log and so am still logging with Evoscan.
open up the xml file your using for evoscan and there are all your address just change the the first two digits in the evo scan def file to 0x (for use in the logcfg.txt)
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Drkramm
open up the xml file your using for evoscan and there are all your address just change the the first two digits in the evo scan def file to 0x (for use in the logcfg.txt)
Ahh ok will do, my laptop is having issues, won't display properly, hope I don't have to reinstall....

Will try logging with the sdcard for sure.

Quick Reply: New EcuFlash 1.44.3719 Released