Tuning Evo789 ACD - Page 17 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
EcuFlash
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning Evo789 ACD

Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by michaelukolov View Post
Hello. I already asked same question in another topic but see that this topic is more active.
I need to read, change and then write ACD firmware on Evo VIII. I have Tactrix OP2.0 and I want to ask - firmware in ACD can be protected or not? Can I read firmware without fear?
The ACD controller is MR580146.
Thanks!
Firmware is not protected.
Yes - read without fear!
Old Apr 2, 2018, 02:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Malocas View Post
From what I Have been using, A maps have been G force vs Speed (kilometers). G force would be 0.0 to 4.0 range which is the voltage used to determine the G force load.

1.0 volts 1.5G Acceloration
1.5 volts 1.0G Acceloration
2.0 volts 0.5G Acceloration
2.5 volts 0.0G Neutral
3.0 volts 0.5G Deceloration
3.5 volts 1.0G Deceloration
4.0 volts 1.5G Deceloration

For A maps

Anything with ZERO is where the Delta between the front and rear axles will meet or are equal. Anything that is 1 or more (2,5,10,20) is the amount of degrees that the steering wheel will turn before both front and rear axles are equal. It will lock at that amount of degree input BUT only to be sure both axle become equal, Its NOT A FULL LOCK.

Example: at 2.6 volts or 0.1 G's, the steering wheel can be turned 2 degrees before it locks to be sure both axles are equal speed. As you decelerate harder to 3.0volts(0.5G), 3.7volts(1.2G), 5 degrees or even 20 degrees of steering input can be available. For that amount of degrees, it allows the wheels to be free. Power is free to go to the Front wheels (to pull) or free to go to the Rear(to push). If you Decelerate hard, there is very little weight at the Rear which can make the Rear wheels overpower the Front wheels(sometimes). So the ACD is OPEN longer to reduce Understeer and HOPE power gets delivered to the Rear!!!

On the STOCK Maps Tarmac is more Active then Gravel or Snow. In Gravel or Snow the ACD allows more Slips (Locks less frequently). On the Street, Gravel or Snow will allow the the car to be more Front Wheel Drive because the front tires make a Larger ARC while turning and the rear just drags and follows. Until the ACD starts to lock at 6 degrees or even 40 Degrees, the Rear matches the Front. At times, the Rear can overpower the Front. If the Rear overpowers the front (like with an upgraded REAR DIFF), it will take the same amount of steering degrees Input for the Rear to match the Front.

A Maps are Dominant and the condition will apply Unless B maps or C maps Say other wise.

The manufacture relied more on the A maps

B maps, C maps are limits

ALL other maps are Maximum Limits

For B maps

The B maps have been Throttle input vs Speed(kilometers).

Anything with a ZERO in the plot charts is Full Lock. Anything that is 100 or less is the amount of slip that is allowed.

Example: A Map will make sure the front and rear are equal at a steering Degree input.
B Map can still allow 100% slip AFTER A Map makes sure that both axles Match each others ARC (DELTA). B Map can allow 75% slip or 50% slip or 25% slip or 0% slip(NO SLIP)

If ALLLLL B Map is 0% slip OR FULLY LOCKED, YOU can have BIND also WEIRD and SCARY understeer or oversteer.

100% Slip is needed!!!! At the right time, speed, and condition then you can use 70, 50, 20, 0 slip, and that can be useful.

C map

Its speed vs Steering Degrees. 40 Degree increments.

A Map will do what it needs to do...
C map, if you steer to 40 Degrees or what ever degree is placed, it will allow 100% slip or what ever value is in the Plot.

Example: the row on the far left is "Steering Wheel Centered', then 40 degrees, then 80 degrees, etc.... as you steer away from "center" and approach 40 degrees, on STOCK it has 100% slip.

....OR you can have 50% slip or 10% slip. it can be 0% slip (Fully locked) as you TURN, get a little oversteer. YOU can give it power and then Unwind the steering back to "center".<<<< in the street that is fun.
...In Dirt that can give you understeer
....scary

So this is My 401702xml and ACD Map. To use my xml all other 401702xml can not be in the same folder. My 401702xml has to be by it self, even to see my ACD map and to understand my explanation and understanding of the ACD. I have been tuning ACDs for 3 years and tried a lot with and with out Rear Differential upgrades.

I hope we can add as many features as we can with other xmls and sources. Lets have this be as open source as possible and learn from each other. Ill throw some fully tuned roms on here once people can understand the possibilities as this opens up more.
hi man , pls pm me your 401702 xml thank u
Old Apr 3, 2018, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

hey guys, any one using the ra-C1 rom? how does it compare to other modded roms? on the road that is.
Opening that rom, I see T,G,S all have the same data! whats ur take on that!
Old Apr 3, 2018, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by darwin_evo View Post
hey guys, any one using the ra-C1 rom? how does it compare to other modded roms? on the road that is.
Opening that rom, I see T,G,S all have the same data! whats ur take on that!
The RA168749C1 ROM is terrible. There are slight differences between each setting, as it's designed for Dry Tarmac, Semi-Dry Tarmac and Wet Tarmac (T, G, S respectively). When i used to use that ECU years ago, i had most success on Gravel setting...but it's still terrible. I've even tried this ROM as a base to tune, and still don't like it as much as a stock ROM to modify (i find it still too twichy...maybe the time constants are too quick...don't know). On the road you probably won't notice too many bad effects, but on the track it's really bad as i said. Tuned stock ROM in my opinion is the way to go.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ROB-80E View Post
The RA168749C1 ROM is terrible. There are slight differences between each setting, as it's designed for Dry Tarmac, Semi-Dry Tarmac and Wet Tarmac (T, G, S respectively). When i used to use that ECU years ago, i had most success on Gravel setting...but it's still terrible. I've even tried this ROM as a base to tune, and still don't like it as much as a stock ROM to modify (i find it still too twichy...maybe the time constants are too quick...don't know). On the road you probably won't notice too many bad effects, but on the track it's really bad as i said. Tuned stock ROM in my opinion is the way to go.
what bad effects did u experience? Plan on trying it on a track some time in the future. But I still appreciate ur input if ur willing to further explain what u experienced.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by darwin_evo View Post

what bad effects did u experience? Plan on trying it on a track some time in the future. But I still appreciate ur input if ur willing to further explain what u experienced.
I posted earlier in this thread about ill effects. Instability, twitchy, snap oversteer. It's terrible. Don't bother testing it...as the stock rom will be nicer to drive and you'll probably go faster on it. But as I said above, a tuned ROM is the way to go. Download Merlin's ROM on page 1 and go from there if you want to test something on track.
The Following User Says Thank You to ROB-80E For This Useful Post:
darwin_evo (Apr 4, 2018)