Notices
ECU Flash

Tuning Evo789 ACD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2014, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
the only reason i know it even exists is a couple of small references on geek mapped... but i can never log in to the page to grab it... that lead me to find the T1 ecu but i don't want the map so bad i'm willing to shell out that kind of dough...

am i missing something or are all of the maps currently posted acd/ayc... not sure if my defs got crossed and its showing ayc or if ya'll just haven't posted US roms...

C1 was the first map i came across... I have 7/8/9 base maps for edm i believe, C1, and now the maps posted here... and like i mentioned none actually help me being all are acd/ayc... i have 8/9 usdm ecu's in the shop but haven't had the definitions to open em.

Originally Posted by Malocas
T1 Rom is one of the hardest ones to find. I recently got C1 rom and thats all i have. All my other roms are custom.

I say anyone can join in. The other thread is about "Getting started, READ and FLASH"

I think this Thread can be about "ROMS"
Old Jan 13, 2014, 06:24 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
They all have ayc in them
Old Jan 13, 2014, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

my defs got crossed... every time i opened a roms it would pick up one of the new defs found here and show it was an evo8 edm acd/ayc rom... should be good to go now...
Old Jan 13, 2014, 06:39 AM
EvoM Guru

I removed all of the defs that have come with the program. Appearantly ayc tables change the acd function too.

Would really like to find the formula for the acd such that we understand the weight of the tables bettrr
Old Jan 13, 2014, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
Heres C1. I have a few XMLs for this and I don't know which one is right. I can upload them later, it'd be nice if I could just inherit Merlin's most recent .

How can I compare the addresses to see thoroughly ?
Why cant it inherit the xml? As i understand it as long as the maps are generally the same you open the xml change the id and save it... Then it opens using the new definitions... I had to do that to view a map this morning...
Old Jan 13, 2014, 08:24 AM
EvoM Guru

I could try that. I heard the k1 was the only one with different memory addresses

I've registered for geek mapped a while ago but they aren't taking new members appearantly. Tried again yesterday and it said my email address had been banned
Old Jan 13, 2014, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what do these R1 R2 C1 etc mean?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
The K1 has different addressing, the others are mostly the same except the case id address.

R1, R2, C1, T1 are Ralliart variants. They are always derived from a stock rom.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by merlin.oz
The K1 has different addressing, the others are mostly the same except the case id address.

R1, R2, C1, T1 are Ralliart variants. They are always derived from a stock rom.
Yes, I understand. I mean what are these variants for - tarmac rally, or dirt or snow. Are they made for AYC or RS diff.. etc..
Old Jan 13, 2014, 02:17 PM

every day I learn something.

Malocas:
are G force considerating later, longitudinal or toghether? Or the corrisponding vector?

TEST3:
yesterday night I run car with thermal tyres (for the winter here in north of Italy) with almost wet, very low grip. I tryed to lower values in C map gravel till 60 kmh and while I was drifting in second gear, it seems to the car responds with more oversteer while givenig much steer. Thats good!

How can I improve ayc power for high grip condition?

Here roms I found in the forums.
K1 seems to ave different A map tps vs lock, as well Marlin said some post ago ...

MARLIN:
do you think is it possible to log A, B, C, cell map while running? as AFR Map in Tephra mod?

BIGGY:
look this link:
http://www.nengun.com/ralliart/activ...fferential-ecu

Does anyone ever seen G1 rom? I'd like to see what's on..
Attached Thumbnails Tuning Evo789 ACD-c-map-gravel-mod.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: bin
Ralliart_K1.bin (128.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: hex
RalliArt_T1.hex (128.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: xml
401000.xml (12.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: xml
403100.xml (13.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Floppyz; Jan 13, 2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Floppyz: Your Rom file marked as T1 seems to be C1 rom...

So to oranize the information, according to Ralliart website:

RA168749C1 is for Circuit racing, for EVOIX, VIII MR, VIII with AYC (Marked as Super AYC ECU).

RA863161G1 is for Gravel surface,for Lancer Evolution VI-MR-IX (exclude GT-A WAGON) Non-S-AYC (Marked as ACD ECU).
RA863161T1 is for Tarmac surface, for Lancer Evolution VI-MR-IX (exclude GT-A WAGON) Non-S-AYC (Marked as ACD ECU).

According to Nengun website:

RA553831K1 is for For Road/Circuit, for EVO VII.
RA553831K2 is for for rally, for EVO VII.

Couldn't find any certain info on K1 and K2 roms if they are for AYC or for Non-AYC Evos, but they seem to be for Evo7 AYC, not for Evo VIII-XI Super-AYC.

That gives us an opportunity to compare these Roms, taking into account what surface and what kind of rear diff it was tuned for.

Last edited by Biggy VIII; Jan 13, 2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 02:50 PM

yeah maybe, that's all I have...
Old Jan 13, 2014, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

One more Rom from http://ecu-mapping.eu/index.php/de/l...on/acdayc.html

Evo8 gsr (EU) with ACD+AYC, cusco RS front LSD, tarmac setup.

Tthe possible setup´s are:

Tarmac = aggressive > only dry/clean tarmac (tyres: BFG A05)

Gravel = medium > try tarmac with some dirt on top

Snow = soft > tarmac (a little bit wet) with BFG W00

Stock Evo8 GSR for comparison.
Attached Files
401403_mn132035_frontlsd.bin (128.0 KB, 0 views)
401403_mn132035.bin (128.0 KB, 0 views)
Old Jan 13, 2014, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Malocas
On the A Maps they are VOLTS from 0.0 VOLTS to 4.O VOLTS.
That is what Mitsubishi used. The G Sensor sits at 2.5 Volts constantly when the car is not moving.

If you touch or hit the brakes and the care Decelerate the Voltage RISES to 3.0Volts (which is 0.5 G forces of Deceleration). As you brake harder, even to a panic to the higher Gs, voltage RISES to 3.7Volts (1.2G force of Deceleration) or even 4.0Volts (1.5G force of Deceleration), the ACD will be OPEN longer based on what Degree is Plotted.

The intent is that when you brake, the rear can be free to twist or come around. Its hard to see that in the street but its possible. In Dirt, the back comes around more noticeable, so Gravel and Snow are much more free, in Hard Deceleration.

As you Accelerate the voltage DROPS to 2.3 volts( 0.2 G force of acceleration) or a hard acceleration through more power or a sharp swing around a high speed curve, the voltage can DROPS to 1.9Volts(1.1 G force of accelerate). The ACD will be CLOSED more often to be sure the front tires do not make a larger arc then the rear, the car will be more NEUTRAL while driving on acceleration.

1.0Volts (1.5 Gforce of Accelotation)

2.5Volts (0.0 Gforce, NO MOMENTUM )

4.0Volts (1.5 Gforce of Deceleration)

Remember momentum plays a big part, then how your suspension takes advantage of that momentum and how your tires will handle those forces. .
So if I got it right - X scale is Longtitudal Gs in Volts? If so then why do we have two separate maps marked as “Accel” and “Decel” if one axis can handle it?

Last edited by Biggy VIII; Jan 13, 2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Floppyz
every day I learn something.

Malocas:
are G force considerating later, longitudinal or toghether? Or the corrisponding vector?

TEST3:
yesterday night I run car with thermal tyres (for the winter here in north of Italy) with almost wet, very low grip. I tryed to lower values in C map gravel till 60 kmh and while I was drifting in second gear, it seems to the car responds with more oversteer while givenig much steer. Thats good!

How can I improve ayc power for high grip condition?

Here roms I found in the forums.
K1 seems to ave different A map tps vs lock, as well Marlin said some post ago ...

MARLIN:
do you think is it possible to log A, B, C, cell map while running? as AFR Map in Tephra mod?

BIGGY:
look this link:
http://www.nengun.com/ralliart/activ...fferential-ecu

Does anyone ever seen G1 rom? I'd like to see what's on..
G Forces is Longitudinal. The vectors can be whatever but this map is Longitudinal.

tps = throttle possession sensor

k1 is older may be they did use tps as a factor

in AYC Map

Far left is CENTER

0 is power to outside tire

50 is power equal or Balanced

100 is power to inside tire

Be sure not to change those 100s t0o much in high speed. that can be dangerous!!!

Also be careful with your AYC Unit. Really look at how little the differences are for the amount of stresses it will be using at low speeds

Quick Reply: Tuning Evo789 ACD