Notices
ECU Flash

Unable to Log (Load 1Byte) evoscan 2.9

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2015, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Unable to Log (Load 1Byte) evoscan 2.9

Hello guys, thanks for reading this post in advance. I have tried looking everywhere and just cannot find anything to help me log my load. On evoscan, it says the following on 1byte load:

Load 1 Byte (Load1B) is only available if you are running a Tephra Modified ecu rom. Check the tuning guide on www.evoscan.com on how to do this.
This Load value is calculated by the ecu internally, and is based on AirFlow (MAF) Sensor and Crankshaft Position Sensor (RPM), i.e. more air flow and less crankshaft speed will give you higher Load values. i.e. going up a steep hill with your foot to the floor. Load is effectively similiar to this calculation:
(current airflow / peak airflow) * (Baro And AirTemp Compensation) * 100%.

Load1B doesnt use the injector scaling value on the main evoscan screen, this value is already available internally to the ecu code.

I am very new to tuning and I know in the past you needed to patch the xml files to add the MUT table, but on evoscan it says 2byte load is deapriciated now. as in not used anymore. I emailed Hamish @ Evoscan (very polite guy) about this and he confirmed that I do not need to log 2byte, I can select 1 byte load as long as I have a tephra Rom (which In my case I have the v7) 94170015 romid. But it just does not log load. any suggestions? Sorry i crammed so much into one post. Thank you to the nice EVOM community in advance.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When you open up your rom in ECU Flash is the rom id listed under rom info 94170015 or is it 94170715?

The sixth digit needs to have a 7 in it if you are running a tephra rom. I have not had any issue logging 1 byte in any tephra rom. Once you have that figured out you need to make sure the conversion factor in the rom matches the one in evoscan.