Notices
ECU Flash

Omni 4 bar values not chaning

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Omni 4 bar values not changing

I've ran into a problem trying to log boost in evoscan. I added in the omni 4 bar sensor formula a little while back and it seemed that I got everything calibrated with atmospheric pressure. My formula is 0.2369*x-14.2 with the request ID of 38 and everything else set up as it should (according to the install writeup). Anyways, so the other day I open up excel to read some logs and notice that the value is stuck at -14.2 for boost. The only other thing I did was add in some xml. files to ecu flash in order to read my rom, which I cannot see effecting evoscan.
Has anyone ran into this problem before? Any solutions? I know the sensor isn't bad because the car still runs
I can post pics of what I have in evoscan if that would help.

Help a newbie out!

Last edited by mr.k; Nov 29, 2016 at 05:40 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
If you followed all the instructions in the Omni 4 bar thread correctly there should be no reason you can't log boost pressure. Try going over everything once more just to be sure.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 05:10 PM

Here is a screen cap of the entry, looks like I actually used 14.1 for the atmospheric pressure.

The ecu has been patched to support the omni 4 bar by the previous owner.
Only other thing I can think is that maybe the pin died/has no power on the OBD port for the Tactrix cable? since the "x" value would be reading 0 all the time, hence the -14 value all the time.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Did you use an existing parameter in the list or did you make a new one? In your "EvoScan Edit Data Settings" list, try adding a new item and use the same settings you posted. See if that works. Everything in your screenshot looks good.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Klaiceps
Did you use an existing parameter in the list or did you make a new one? In your "EvoScan Edit Data Settings" list, try adding a new item and use the same settings you posted. See if that works. Everything in your screenshot looks good.
I believe I wrote over the exsisting MAP or JDM MAP sensor.. whatever one the write up said to do. I'll try to do that and keep you guys updated.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 08:59 AM

Looks like it fixed itself! I re-wrote the new formula in and then both started to work again. Couldn't tell anyone why but I'm not complaining

Back to logging I go!
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Good to hear you got it figured out. Evos do some strange things sometimes.
Old May 16, 2017, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Bumping this back up as I went to do some tuning last night and I couldn't get my OMNI to log. The equation is setup correct in Evoscan and I even tried adding it again like the OP to see if it changed anything and the value is stuck at -14.6.

Im wondering if my sensor has crapped out but at the same time Im not sure my car would be able to run without it?

I saw this thread so it makes me think mine might be subject to the same result but I question if thats plausible given the fact that other than not being able to log boost my car runs great.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...-teardown.html
Old May 16, 2017, 08:44 AM

heel2toe, my issue seemed to work itself out. I attribute it to an Evoscan issue though. Currently, I am running into an issue where everything "x" is being read as 0. I'll be going back to Evoscan 2.7 to see if everything is working right.

I would think that if the MAP sensor was failing, then we would have issues with the engine running correctly? I am no expert, but that is why I narrowed it down to Evoscan because the car is/was running fine. Correct me if I am wrong though.
Old May 16, 2017, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I tried reinstalling Evoscan last night but that didnt change anything either. Everything else is logging fine; its just the MAP that doesnt want to play nicely.

I guess to help narrow it down I can try logging a buddies car to see if its a MAP sensor issue or a logging issue.

What is strange is that yours worked itself out. But electronics are sorta funky at times so it could be that they are prone to heat and work at times and other times not so much which is just early signs of failure. Who knows...was just hoping you figured out what it was that caused your issue other than it randomly starting to work again.
Old May 16, 2017, 02:09 PM

Hah I wish I could help: I am still trying to figure out why my evoscan is not logging at all nothing has been working
Old Mar 10, 2022, 05:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is there any update on this? I seem to be having the same issue.