Notices

New Car -I Think Tune is Garbage

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Car -I Think Tune is Garbage

HI all,
I recently purchased an '11 Evo GSR WW and the right .XML (Tephra V3).

My problem is, to me the tune looks like trash. It was done by a "professional shop" which i won't name, because it doesn't matter. I have some ECMlink experience but I am new to ECUFlash so I could be wrong, but here are the issues i see:

- Boost Cut time set to 10,000ms (basically turned off right?) - I believe i should set it to 1000ms
- Reactive Solenoid Turbo Boost Error Correction has 0.0 for any overboost - I believe I should set this to -10.0 at 19.8 and work my way down to 0
- Boost Target Engine Load Tables look way to simplistic and blocky - I assume this affects drive ability and spool time. My best guess was to follow similar to what golden shows here: https://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33147
- Alternate #1 Reactive Solenoid Base WGDC Map #1 and Map #2 - both look blocky. Should I interpolate these and smooth them out?
- Alternate #1 Boost Target #1 & #2 - Why is this set to 49.3 PSI? I assume that is 49.3-14.7=~35 but that still seems way too high for stock internals

All in all, the car runs and pulls fine on 93 octane, but I am nervous to run corn because of the odd boost control strategy.

Anything else you guys see that doesn't make sense?

Mod list is below:
Walboro 485
FIC 1200
WTF Flex Fuel using Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Line
ACT Clutch
Perrin Stealth Catback
Speed Circuit Test Pipe
ETS Intercooler and Piping
ETS intake
Forge Wastegate
Synapse BOV Recirculated
Grimmspeed 3 port EBC
AEM Digital WB and Boost

ROM is attached.
Thanks!
Attached Files
Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Do you have a copy of this?
http://www.evoscan.com/ecuflash/Merl...ersion%20K.pdf
The following users liked this post:
MV auto (Feb 5, 2019)
Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:52 AM

Yes, I read through it a while ago. Was working my way through it again.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:59 PM

OK, So since it is cold and boring here right now, I managed to make it through my whole ROM and verify that settings/maps/scaling/etc. was either a) stock, or b) made sense based on my understanding of what the target values should be. I used a lot of information from posts by Tephra, Golden and Gunzo's 93OctIntExh tune. I also used Merlin's guide as much as I could, but since I am flex fuel, it doesn't cover everything.

Thank you so much to those guys and the others who have spent countless hours trying new things and sharing their results!

My goal was to make sure the tune was safe and smooth out some of some of tables which should improve driveability. I ended up changing almost every table that wasn't stock. Here's a list of what i think i have accomplished.
- Smoothed Reactive WGDC tables for 93 and Alt maps
- Put a boost limit in place and checked at a appropriate interval
- Switched to Direct boost ( i couldn't figure out how my alternate boost target map was in PSI and how that would interact, so i just switched)
- Set boost targets of 21psi peak on 93 and 26 psi peak on e85 and smoothed tables (peak boost was set to the moon because no error correction was on in the underboost condition)
- Turned error correction on for under boost conditions (I know this should be turned off when I work through my WGDC tables)
- Lowered timing and fuel for the 93 maps as they seemed aggressive
- Modified MIVEC maps
- Set throttle maps back to stock
- Adjusted fuel calibration map to reduce rev hang
- Changed "Max TPS for High Knock" from 100% to 70%
- Took out some cranking enrichment (based on how the car seems to bog when started
- Set max Alternate maps to 1 (too many things to scroll through when set at 9)

I haven't flashed this yet, and probably won't until i get some thorough feedback as this is a lot of changes and also my first Ecuflash tune. My current tune, and my best attempt at what the tune should look like are attached.

Please take a look and let me know how it looks. I understand that a log is worth a lot when doing a big change like this, but right now it is -4 degrees and I don't think that log will help a whole lot.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Evo Stuff.zip (675.1 KB, 0 views)
Old Jun 30, 2019, 08:43 PM

I Think with direct boost you minus the atmospheric value from the value in the chart. I may be wrong but i think thats how you go about it.