Notices
ECU Flash

H8 Ecu Disassembly

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2018, 05:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
H8 Ecu Disassembly

Hi There,

As an software engineer I would like to start with disassembling a H8 Ecu / Evo 6 ROM. On Evoscan website I have read about .idc files / scripts which will make my life quit a lot easier. As quite a few people here on evolutionM have been disassembling themselves I would like to ask if somebody can provide me with this .idc files?

Please see reference below.

Thanks in advance,

Roy

Old Dec 19, 2018, 01:08 PM

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/NJ9r/F2TXmjXdr
The following users liked this post:
rjwkerkhof (Dec 20, 2018)
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:04 AM

Many thanks Pisyakot! Those are the files I need, hard to find these days with geekmapped being down!
Old Dec 24, 2018, 04:06 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Great to see someone looking into the platform! I myself am testing the speed density and maf versions and very interested in this topic, happy to help with anything you may need!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
This is very interesting, I wonder what's you end goal disassembling the H8? Ceddy's rom & the SD rom are quite capable roms, so will you be attempting to add any new features?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by foxbat
This is very interesting, I wonder what's you end goal disassembling the H8? Ceddy's rom & the SD rom are quite capable roms, so will you be attempting to add any new features?
Hi Foxbat,

As software engineer I first want to know how the ROM is build up. I have most known tables renamed now but still a lot is undiscovered, when there are more people with extended xml's I would like to get them in order to get further with the renaming of the tables. Next going to look into the subroutines, when I am familiar enough I would like maybe add or change some features where possible. Will keep you posted here!
Old Jan 5, 2019, 01:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by rjwkerkhof
Hi Foxbat,

As software engineer I first want to know how the ROM is build up. I have most known tables renamed now but still a lot is undiscovered, when there are more people with extended xml's I would like to get them in order to get further with the renaming of the tables. Next going to look into the subroutines, when I am familiar enough I would like maybe add or change some features where possible. Will keep you posted here!
Again, this is very interesting, current H8 roms are fine but further development is always needed. The SD version was the most significant development in recent years. As a tuner I believe that overrun anti lag has always been the feature that sets aftermarket ECUs apart from stock ECUs. It's the main reason Evo owners would want to buy aftermarket standalones, especially if they are involved in motorsports.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:33 AM

any updates at all?

iv just seen your pm and shooting through a response now
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:44 AM

Update:

Most tables from the XML's I have found and renamed in the disassembly. Now I am on the quest of finding out which subroutine does what so that I can rename them.
It's a big quest re-inventing the wheel, I think such a lot of information is gone now geekmapped is down

If there is anybody with a decent disassembly in textfile export and willing to share please let me know!

Cheers,

Roy
The following 2 users liked this post by rjwkerkhof:
guelo123 (Jan 30, 2019), XxOLIVERxX (Feb 3, 2019)
Old Jan 30, 2019, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spark cut would be a great modification (spark cut patch)
Old Feb 3, 2019, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by guelo123
spark cut would be a great modification (spark cut patch)
This is much needed!

If you have an xml prepared, im prepared to test it right here, right now!

im wondering mainly about the wastegate duty cycles, some roms have 2, others have 4 defined, which are correct?

it seems the ceddy definition im currently using only has 2 defined as target wgdc, one for normal map, and 1 for switched secondary map.
i assume that the one defined is maybe 3rd gear and the others missing?
boost is now all over the place depending on gear, usually alot lower than previous map with same settings

Testing on an evo 6 today installed ceddymods 25570100 to replace the 24430002 and cannot replicate the same boost behavior by copying over values from the existing rom. they are the same 1-3 but 4th table is all 0s. so i took those and copy over to both of the new tables, checked scalings, changed them to unit 8 or 16 and copied it that way to be sure the data is right and not scaling mismatch

Old Feb 4, 2019, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by XxOLIVERxX
This is much needed!

If you have an xml prepared, im prepared to test it right here, right now!

im wondering mainly about the wastegate duty cycles, some roms have 2, others have 4 defined, which are correct?

it seems the ceddy definition im currently using only has 2 defined as target wgdc, one for normal map, and 1 for switched secondary map.
i assume that the one defined is maybe 3rd gear and the others missing?
boost is now all over the place depending on gear, usually alot lower than previous map with same settings

Testing on an evo 6 today installed ceddymods 25570100 to replace the 24430002 and cannot replicate the same boost behavior by copying over values from the existing rom. they are the same 1-3 but 4th table is all 0s. so i took those and copy over to both of the new tables, checked scalings, changed them to unit 8 or 16 and copied it that way to be sure the data is right and not scaling mismatch
Hi Oliver,

As a quick starter I have created a dissassembly of the 2 roms you have mentioned (25570100 & 24430002). So far I can tell that in both roms all three target WGDC tables are being looked up but I need to dive further into the code to hopefully find the purposes of the thirth table. By the top of my head I thought that more people have tried to figure out where the thirth table is ment for, but still don't have a clue....

Did you had succes with rom 24430002 changing the thirth WGDC table and see the effect from changing it?

Cheers,

Roy
Old May 7, 2019, 07:20 AM

Hi Roy,
have not tried it on the 244 rom, but i have been testing on an evo 6 and im still yet to properly work out which tables do what, while trying to work it out im experiencing a fuel cut/ign retard.

The car seems to be hitting boost cut/fuel cut dependant on load regardless of what i set things to, i can shift around when the cut engages but it always cuts somewhere eventually in some scenario.
most recently had it running around 1.5 bar boost in 1-3, 4 and 5th gear it makes around 1.1bar.
all was fine until peak load around 255load/5500rpm and then fuel cut.

i had it happen again at lower rpm and load shortly after so attached a log and photos of the current settings.
i dont think the fuel cut disable actually works.
im also wondering if its meant to be mean "throttle lift off fuel shut off" or it is actually an overboost fuel cut.

would be useful to find settings relating to the decel fueling. from what i can tell most that have been defined are incorrect.

Old May 8, 2019, 04:02 AM

Hi Olli,

I will have a look at it, what ROM / ROM ID where you experiencing the fuel / boost cut on? Would you mind sending me the ROM including the xml youre using so I can look into that?
Cheers,

Roy
Old May 8, 2019, 05:59 AM

Here they are!
Cheers!
Attached Files