EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Air temp in Evoscan (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/211565-air-temp-evoscan.html)

Evil_1 Jul 14, 2006 07:17 AM

Air temp in Evoscan

Is this the actual air temp reading in the charge pipe? If so, what are you guys getting for readings when you do a WOT? On stock intercooler or aftermarket?

MalibuJack Jul 14, 2006 07:22 AM

I think this was answered before.. Its the Intake Air Temp.. At the MAF before it goes through the whole intake tract...

MalibuJack Jul 14, 2006 07:23 AM

I did discover after logging data that the area our air filter is located in is a location that gets very little fresh air flow..

I ran with and without the scoop ducting air to the location (the plastic scoop from the stock intake) and the temps were 10 degrees cooler (more in some cases)

Wheelhaus Jul 14, 2006 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
I did discover after logging data that the area our air filter is located in is a location that gets very little fresh air flow..

I ran with and without the scoop ducting air to the location (the plastic scoop from the stock intake) and the temps were 10 degrees cooler (more in some cases)

you mean 10° cooler with the ram-air scoop? I'd absolutely believe that, but not the other way around without the scoop...

AlwaysinBoost Jul 14, 2006 07:45 AM

try running it with the scoop but w/o the airbox lid.

MalibuJack Jul 14, 2006 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Wheelhaus
you mean 10° cooler with the ram-air scoop? I'd absolutely believe that, but not the other way around without the scoop...

Yep, thats what I had intended to write..

But it was just the scoop, no airbox otherwise (I have a 4" intake and 5x10" cylindrical filter)

Kings Fan Jul 14, 2006 10:40 AM

Yep, thats what I had intended to write..

But it was just the scoop, no airbox otherwise (I have a 4" intake and 5x10" cylindrical filter)

Has anyone tried running the same test but with a cone intake vs stock airbox? Should be interesting to see which one gets more cool air and put the end of the intake pulling in hot air debate once and for all :lol:

MalibuJack Jul 14, 2006 11:16 AM

once your moving I doubt it makes much difference.. It happens to be a dead area under the hood where there would be no cool airflow without that scoop left in place..

dudical26 Jul 14, 2006 12:20 PM

once your moving I doubt it makes much difference.. It happens to be a dead area under the hood where there would be no cool airflow without that scoop left in place..

I wonder what the temps were with you old cone filter in the stock box setup.

Your setup inspired me and I am planning to do the same thing...actually tonight when I install my intake. I will log and see what temps I get.

MalibuJack Jul 14, 2006 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by dudical26
I wonder what the temps were with you old cone filter in the stock box setup.

Your setup inspired me and I am planning to do the same thing...actually tonight when I install my intake. I will log and see what temps I get.

I hacked mine to pieces not too long ago..

Kings Fan Jul 14, 2006 03:52 PM

Well that's what I'm saying... it'll prove once and for all with some data... shouldn't be that hard to do either, just a simple before and after.