Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

my first log with evoscan!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2012, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cursedsm
That is all fine and dandy but you realize you can't just add boost right. Again vd isn't setup properly, your adding 3 psi to a stock tune which I'm sure your fine but dude listen to what we say about things. Stop worrying about how much power your car makes because your not doing anything to your car to help it. Just wait till you get mellon to tune it before you **** somethin up.

^^^ This

If you don't know what you're doing I wouldn't just start turning up the boost and running logs. When you turn up boost other things such as AFR, fueling, and timing will need some adjusting to compensate for the new amount of Boost pressure (air) the engine is seeing. Granted with your mods and power level you probably aren't gonna efff anything up since the knock sensor and ecu is gonna compensate for any detonation it sees. Leave it up to someone who can efficiently tune as they tell you to turn up the boost. We're not trying to be a$$h0le$ by the way we are just giving you some good advice.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
He's been told. Just let him play.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 09:35 AM
Account Disabled

many of our customers graduate on to doing their own tunes once they see how the tuning process works. I think that's the best way to learn without taking on so much risk on your own.

while I'm tuning your car it is not my goal to teach everyone how to tune obviously, but if you pay any attention at all you can learn quite a bit.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 02:53 PM
Account Disabled

we've gotten started on his tune so he's in good hands now. The baseline pull at 25psi on 93 octane with our starting rom netted 308awhp and 344tq so we're on our way.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 02:57 PM
Account Disabled

here's the difference the first ROM made:

Red - Mellon
Blue - old tune

Old Feb 6, 2012, 03:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
Glad you came to the rescue Mellon and I am sure he will be happy once your done.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Damn that's nice! TQ is way up!
Old Feb 6, 2012, 03:04 PM
Account Disabled

This car is impressing me already. @ 25psi there's zero knock on the new tune. The timing is mild and I haven't added any from our base map so we're going to try 26psi and see if it has more to offer.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Logging boost isn't all that necessary particularly when a MAF car running a MBC is tuned by load.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 04:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Benja
Logging boost isn't all that necessary particularly when a MAF car running a MBC is tuned by load.
Sure it is. When someone askes for help and can't provide information about what the car is doing its important. Of course you can look at load but what about guys who are learning and tuneing by boost. People see knock at x amount of boost what are they gonna do? They are gonna add more fuel in that spot and around it.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The ECU still picks fuel and timing numbers by what....RPM and Load.

So sure, boost is ok to log, but with a MBC the boost isn't affected by factors determined by the ECU so use load.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ X2 Ive always used load because i use an MBC, It would be nice at times to see what exactly the boost pressure is doing and when but hardly needed, it definatly will make remote tuning and troubleshooting a bit easier though.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 06:37 PM
EvoM Guru

I am not argueing this by no means. I am not a tuner and I don't tune my own car I was just stateing that boost plot would be interesting to see being it would help to see where the knock may come from at what psi.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I copied Mellon. I'm not going to lie. I tuned myself on MAF the same way Mellon tuned me.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 07:03 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Drill_Sergeant
I copied Mellon. I'm not going to lie. I tuned myself on MAF the same way Mellon tuned me.
And that is cool because you are learning or learned how to do so nice job. What I am saying is you can't just get in a car, add some mods turn up the boost and not have any type of tune on it what so ever and complain about it not makeing power.

Quick Reply: my first log with evoscan!!!!