Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

05 evo 8 stock turbo gsc s2 cams results

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
05 evo 8 stock turbo gsc s2 cams results

Hi all. I wanted to share the results of my recent road tune. I had it tuned on 91 pump and e70.
Car is a 2005 evo 8 stock 10.5 housing with 119k miles. Results were where i thought they would be with the execption of the top end, i was thinking the top end would fall off more than it did. The gsc s2 cams help out the top end a lot. The car feels so much better up top, even on pump. Very happy with the results. My tuner said this was a safe tune. Note the ambient temp was almost 100.

Future mods will be ets front mount and upper pipe. Maybe a few more supporting mods and hopefully a 71hta in a year or two.

pulls were done at about 2500 RPM
Comments and questions are welcome!

E70 tune
Mods are-Catless tubro back exhaust
Open element air filter
FIC 1050 injectors
Walbro 255 fuel pump
ETS lower intercooler pipe
Manual boost control set at 30psi spike (will turn down to about 26 psi)
GSC s2 cams
GSC behive springs (stock retainers)
Stock turbo and everything else

i also wanted to mention that i drove the car about 180 miles to get it tuned. I stayed out of boost the whole way. The only issue i had was a code was set for running rich.

Last edited by slocho; Aug 26, 2018 at 11:26 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 06:45 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
This was obvioiusly the E70 graph? Looks about right. I layed down 460 DynoJet w/similar mods but EvO9 MIVEC & HTA71 on E85

Nice job for sure
Old Aug 19, 2018, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
This was obvioiusly the E70 graph? Looks about right. I layed down 460 DynoJet w/similar mods but EvO9 MIVEC & HTA71 on E85

Nice job for sure
Yea e70. Itll stay on that map most of the time.
Awesome! Id be very happy with 450 with the hta71
Old Aug 19, 2018, 08:14 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by slocho
Yea e70. Itll stay on that map most of the time.
Awesome! Id be very happy with 450 with the hta71
Im sure you will get close, but my RC1000's are just about at max flow

What about the S2 idle rumble? The idle is soooo addicting!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Im sure you will get close, but my RC1000's are just about at max flow

What about the S2 idle rumble? The idle is soooo addicting!
YEA IT IS! I find myself letting the car idle just to hear the rumble haha.
I was a bit worried that the cams would make the car shake a lot but its very minimal if anything. The engine never stumbles. Im happy i went with the S2s vs S1 cam. I dont feel like i lost any midrange and gained plenty of top end
Old Aug 25, 2018, 11:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Did you stay with stock springs/retainers? I wanted to go S2 but probably wont for a while because I dont wanna pull the head to do it.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wicked_X
Did you stay with stock springs/retainers? I wanted to go S2 but probably wont for a while because I dont wanna pull the head to do it.

I forgot to add that i went with GSC beehive springs only because it was recommended for the bigger lift. I stayed stock retainers tho. I dont plan on taking the engine past 7k unless i go bigger turbo and can use the extra rpm.

You can leave the head on if you use the euroexport tool. Its very easy to use, just takes extra time. I was extra carefull it took me about half hour per spring taking my time.

If you plan to stay stock turbo and dont want to mess with the springs, the S1s would probably be better. Other than that id recommend the S2s. I was surprised how good the power was carried to redline.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 05:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good stuff!
Old Nov 5, 2018, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by slocho
I forgot to add that i went with GSC beehive springs only because it was recommended for the bigger lift. I stayed stock retainers tho. I dont plan on taking the engine past 7k unless i go bigger turbo and can use the extra rpm.

You can leave the head on if you use the euroexport tool. Its very easy to use, just takes extra time. I was extra carefull it took me about half hour per spring taking my time.

If you plan to stay stock turbo and dont want to mess with the springs, the S1s would probably be better. Other than that id recommend the S2s. I was surprised how good the power was carried to redline.
Just looked into that tool, seems to make it a simple job! Did you compress each cylinder to 100 psi as they recommend?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
before a bigger turbo, S2's is by far the best mod to the 8......u should of spent the extra bucks on the retainers, just for peace of mind.....that rumble is priceless
Old Nov 6, 2018, 04:22 AM
NP

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Nice numbers
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wicked_X
Just looked into that tool, seems to make it a simple job! Did you compress each cylinder to 100 psi as they recommend?
i used my friends shop and i think his compressor is set around 90 or 100 psi min and it kicks on and builds to around 120 or so. So yea id say it was mostly around 100 psi.
The tool is great! Very straight forward. Just take your time and plug up any oil passages with a clean rag to prevent those pesky retainers from going into the oil pan.