EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   english racing tuned 407hp pump gas magic... (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/383259-english-racing-tuned-407hp-pump-gas-magic.html)

xturdfergusonx Nov 22, 2008 07:57 PM

english racing tuned 407hp pump gas magic...

Despite many tuners claims of stock ecu only being good to 375hp and 25psi, here is the graph and mods to proof otherwise.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...nosheetyes.jpg

Mods are:
Stock 2L bottom end
FP Green
Garage HRS exhaust mani
EPM 02 dump- spits hot fire!!not kidding....
Tanabe Downpipe
ETS 3.5" downpipe back exhaust
GSC S1 cams
ETS LICP
Fujita UICP and intake
Hallman MBC
FIC 780's
Walbro 255
Magnus SheetMetal street intake mani

Car is daily driven 70 miles and has 57k on the bottom end.

importjake00 Nov 22, 2008 07:59 PM

ER does it again!

mikiblueeyes Nov 22, 2008 08:05 PM

way to go guys {thumbup}

joseph k Nov 22, 2008 08:11 PM

??? you lost me. who claimed a stock ecu is good to 375 and 25psi?? there are lots of stock ecu cars that make over 400 to the tires. you also have a green, SMI, etc

and i believe mellon has blown any and every stock number away as of recent, so i fail to understand what your saying.

ninja edit:

not trying to take anything away from your car, i just do not understand what you are saying

BenJ Nov 22, 2008 08:31 PM

Not to jack your thread but Im at 425/400 on the stock ecu, stock 9 Turbo, stock bottom, stock IM, stock EM, stock TB.

xturdfergusonx Nov 22, 2008 08:46 PM

On pump gas at 29.7psi? With zero knock?

SickSilverNLow Nov 23, 2008 12:54 AM

Lucas is the man when it comes to 4g63's in the NW....{thumbup}.

Billy@EnglishRacing Nov 23, 2008 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by joseph k (Post 6382387)
??? you lost me. who claimed a stock ecu is good to 375 and 25psi?? there are lots of stock ecu cars that make over 400 to the tires. you also have a green, SMI, etc

and i believe mellon has blown any and every stock number away as of recent, so i fail to understand what your saying.

ninja edit:

not trying to take anything away from your car, i just do not understand what you are saying

There has been a few shops out there that have claimed that the stock ecu is useless at power levels over 375.

You have to admit that damn near 30psi and 400hp is impressive.

JohnBradley Nov 23, 2008 02:12 AM

The claims had been 375whp or so on pumpgas on stock appearing turbos. I have run my car with this exact setup then sold it to Ryon and he replicated my numbers (even threw my tune on to base and it was damn close).

wshihdnevo Nov 23, 2008 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by BenJ (Post 6382421)
Not to jack your thread but Im at 425/400 on the stock ecu, stock 9 Turbo, stock bottom, stock IM, stock EM, stock TB.

On straight piss 91 gas...? I dont think so unless...Ethanol or Meth...?

SILVERnSLOW Nov 23, 2008 02:46 AM

Congrats Ryon! Can't wait to ride in it with the green. With such a nice powerband that car has to be insanely fun!

Mellon Racing Nov 23, 2008 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by xturdfergusonx (Post 6382364)
Despite many tuners claims of stock ecu only being good to 375hp and 25psi, here is the graph and mods to proof otherwise..

I don't know of any tuner on EVOm that's going to make a claim like that...maybe a local tuner told you that?

see the vid in my sig... 93 octane 34.5psi peak through the stock ecu/mas...you've just scratched the surface {thumbup} *video*

what your car is doing is good but it's been done many times, that's all.

steelcityevo8 Nov 23, 2008 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mellon Tuning (Post 6383001)
I don't know of any tuner on EVOm that's going to make a claim like that...maybe a local tuner told you that?

see the vid in my sig... 93 octane 34.5psi peak through the stock ecu/mas...you've just scratched the surface {thumbup} *video*

what your car is doing is good but it's been done many times, that's all.

+1 to that.

Its a tribute to a persistent approach to keep dialing in the tune. As mellon has done with all of his setups. Once you travel that path you should be able to replicate it easier and possibly push it farther {thumbup}

Very nice numbers on the setup by the way. 30 psi all day on pump is fun no matter what size turbo you are doing it with {thumbup}

evokel Nov 23, 2008 09:37 AM

who cares about 400 on stock turbo.......now its 500 or you fail :P jk

JohnBradley Nov 23, 2008 09:51 AM

We run quite a few cars at 30+psi on E85 but the main problem with a small turbo and high boost on 92 has been the timing has been so low typically that the best you can get is high EGTs with 9* out the top. We got 13* out the top with this setup this time around, the manifold didnt glow in the dark (literally tested it).

This car can make a pull in 5th and accelerate clean with no knock. The bigger the turbo the easier it is to replicate because at a given boost level the charge temp is already greatly reduced compared to a little turbo. We heat soaked the heck out of the 3.5" TurboXS intercooler and didnt have any problems.

It might seem like a minor accomplishment to some, but I dont see too many people on stock/stock appearing turbos (other than Razorlab and myself) having succeeded in doing this on lower octane premium. I actually have run more but couldnt get it too stay consistent @ 34-35psi spikes with the Green.