EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   2005 MR stock block/head/9 turbo E70 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/706919-2005-mr-stock-block-head-9-turbo-e70.html)

STLEVOIX Jan 26, 2015 12:53 PM

2005 MR stock block/head/9 turbo E70

I Picked this car up from Florida in October from a fellow board member. Its an MR with a 5 speed swap. Car was tuned on 93 octane by AWD motorsports with a MAF and manual Hallman. I think they said it was putting down about 370ish @25psi. The car ran great, I just wanted to change it to my liking and of course run E85.

Just got done tuning this past Saturday. My buddy Steve helped me with the tuning aspect. This was his first evo he had tuned. We started all over from the beginning with a fresh Tephra V7 Rom. Converted the car over to speed density and a GM 3 port BCS. It is set up for dual maps right now, both fully tuned on 93 and E70. My future plans is to run the flex fuel patch, but for now im happy with it.

I haven't made any graphs for the 93 tune but will soon.

I have installed a zeitronix E85 analyzer and right now im getting around 67-68% ethanol.

Engine:
stock block/stock head
Kelford 264 cams
Super tech dual valve springs
Super tech titanium spring seats/retainers
Arp headstuds
Evo 9 turbo
K&N intake filter
3” Speed Density intake
Muse o2 dump housing
Muse upper/lower inter cooler pipes
Buschur racing 65mm throttle body
Buschur ported exhaust manifold
AEM Fuel rail
Precision 1200cc injectors
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Hks carbon titanium cat back (resonators removed)
Megan racing down pipe/test pipe
GM 3 Port BCS
Spoolinup COP
Ets 3.5" fmic
Tial Q BOV 10PSI spring

Drivetrain:
Sheptrans ultimate ratio stage 2 5-speed transmission
Sheptrans 8 plate lsd rear differential
Awd motorsports stage 3 acd transfer case
Exedy twin hd clutch

This was my first time using virtual dyno to make a graph like this so be nice :lol:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-7...ished12415.jpg

Update: 3/8/15

Installed an FP Red and GSC S2's. This is by no means done. There is still a ton of work to do. We finished installing the parts at 2AM. We went out to do some quick pulls and adjustments to get it driveable and what not. Injector duty cycle is in the mid 80's and I am still on one 255 pump. Will be installing a double pumper this weekend and then we are going to do some fine tuning and up the boost some more. Right now this is only on 25lbs. More to come....

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-B...red_3_8_15.jpg

As of 4/10/15 this is where we are at. Should be done for a while.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...27b6585656.jpg

6spdlegend Jan 28, 2015 08:46 PM

Quality parts and nice numbers- but that boost curve looks off yeah?

That's impressive that you were able to tackle the tuning yourself- how familiar were you to software etc and how long did it take you guys road tuning to get it dialed in? I'm about to pull the plug on everything I need to start tuning myself also, super excited :thumbup:.

STLEVOIX Jan 28, 2015 08:54 PM

It the stock 9 turbo, its just out of breath. We messed with the wastegate tables for a while to try and get it to hold more pressure to prevent that taper but it just wasn't having it. Turbo is just flat out of breath.

Never tuned anything before. Did a lot of reading and researching before tackling it. Ran into quite a few obstacles in the process but was able to resolve them all with the help of this forum. Also a great learning process too. Probably took 4* Saturday afternoons, roughly 3-4 hour per day, to get everything dialed in.

What plans/mods you have for yours?

6spdlegend Jan 28, 2015 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by STLEVOIX (Post 11384577)
It the stock 9 turbo, its just out of breath. We messed with the wastegate tables for a while to try and get it to hold more pressure to prevent that taper but it just wasn't having it. Turbo is just flat out of breath.

Never tuned anything before. Did a lot of reading and researching before tackling it. Ran into quite a few obstacles in the process but was able to resolve them all with the help of this forum. Also a great learning process too. Probably took Saturday afternoons, roughly 3- hour per day, to get everything dialed in.

What plans/mods you have for yours?

I guess it's just the resolution of the graph- makes the boost taper look more drastic than usual. I wonder if different o2 housing w/ an external wastegate would help?

"Probably took Saturday afternoons" I'm guessing you meant to put a number there?

But that's really impressive man- I'm doing a lot of research also as I prepare to start tinkering with it. I first want to do a baseline tune w/ the parts I have on it now (IC pipes, hallman mbc, intake) to get comfortable w/ the software and fundamentals. Looking to improve drivability (SD) and gas mileage for the first tune after which I'll throw on all the parts listed below.

I just picked my car up about a a month ago- she's really clean so I want to enjoy her w/ the stock motor + tranny for as long as I can. My main goals (for now) for the car are to improve driver experience, responsiveness, and obviously increase power. Most importantly I don't want to make the car any less streetable than it is in stock form. I'd be very happy w/ 400/375 dynojet on 93 but I'm not so sure that's possible.

Parts:
fuel TBD
map o2 hosing + downpipe
greddy 3" exhaust (taper delete + re-weld)
cams/valvetrain TBD
ets 3.5/4" ic + short route piping
ported intake manifold
ported exhaust manifold
larger throttle body
proper catch can set up TBD
custom CAI box + ducting
ported stock turbo
BOV/DV TBD

STLEVOIX Jan 29, 2015 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by 6spdlegend (Post 11384589)
I guess it's just the resolution of the graph- makes the boost taper look more drastic than usual. I wonder if different o2 housing w/ an external wastegate would help?

"Probably took Saturday afternoons" I'm guessing you meant to put a number there?

But that's really impressive man- I'm doing a lot of research also as I prepare to start tinkering with it. I first want to do a baseline tune w/ the parts I have on it now (IC pipes, hallman mbc, intake) to get comfortable w/ the software and fundamentals. Looking to improve drivability (SD) and gas mileage for the first tune after which I'll throw on all the parts listed below.

I just picked my car up about a a month ago- she's really clean so I want to enjoy her w/ the stock motor + tranny for as long as I can. My main goals (for now) for the car are to improve driver experience, responsiveness, and obviously increase power. Most importantly I don't want to make the car any less streetable than it is in stock form. I'd be very happy w/ 400/375 dynojet on 93 but I'm not so sure that's possible.

Parts:
fuel TBD
map o2 hosing + downpipe
greddy 3" exhaust (taper delete + re-weld)
cams/valvetrain TBD
ets 3.5/4" ic + short route piping
ported intake manifold
ported exhaust manifold
larger throttle body
proper catch can set up TBD
custom CAI box + ducting
ported stock turbo
BOV/DV TBD

Its got a o2 dump. Just need a bigger turbo.

You should be able to hit 400 with those mods with the right fuel setup. PM me if you have any questions :thumbup:

Arrrrgh Feb 8, 2015 10:27 PM

nice numbers

bh117 Feb 9, 2015 12:01 AM

Awesome numbers! Stock intercooler and piping?

STLEVOIX Feb 9, 2015 11:30 AM

Thanks guys. No i've got an ETS 3.5" FMIC and Muse piping. Swapping out to a FP red here shortly so I will have more logs coming soon.

unrealgecko Feb 12, 2015 05:41 AM

id be happy with that, nice numbers

STLEVOIX Mar 9, 2015 08:11 PM

Updated with new turbo/cams and dyno graph. Will have more updates this weekend! {thumbup}

lxpaulxl Mar 10, 2015 08:00 AM

Nice! Great numbers for a 9 turbo and stock block

cerevo Mar 19, 2015 08:31 AM

when did you start the pull on the Red?
Do you have the part where is come up into the power band? I'm interested in where it crosses the 300 WTQ line!

STLEVOIX Mar 19, 2015 10:44 AM

Those were probably started around 3500 rpms. Didn't really get any good logs that night.

Did get the double pumper installed last night. Should be back at it this weekend and should have some good graphs to show as long as weather permits.

cerevo Mar 23, 2015 07:23 AM

Ahh gotcha, that's the reason Im sure for the lazier torque curve.
Looks like once you're into the 4500-7500+ range its a lot of fun though!

STLEVOIX Mar 29, 2015 05:45 PM

Got the double pumper in and a little more tuning in. Then it started to rain so we called it a day. Ethanol content was about 72%. Still have a little more to do...

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...27b6585656.jpg