Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Code Alarm

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2006, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Code Alarm

Hey everyone, I plan I getting an alarm for my car soon, and I was thing is code alarm still a good name? I went to an alarm shop (it was recommended by a family member that use to install alarms, he is good buddies withthe owner) and the owner swear by Code Alarm.

Here is the alarm I'm looking into with couple add ons:
Code Alarm CA180
-battery backup
-mercury hood sensor
-tilt sensor
-valet switch
-2 way pager with dot matrix diplay
-shock sensor

The main component will be very well hidden in the dashboard that no one can easily get to it. The price will be around $500-$600 for everything.
The guy has been in the business for ower 20 years, and takes great pride in his work (quility wise).
What do you guys think?

Old Jun 23, 2006, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every major company has dropped code alarm due to their brain's being defective over time or right out of the box (more than often).

The brain's themselves are huge. Their battery backups aren't the greatest, and are you talking about the siren having battery backup?

Hood pin switch works fine, no need for the mercury.
Tilt sensor, DEI makes a better one.

All come with a valet switch.

DEI has better range on the paging system as well as status / AUX outputs.

All alarms have a shocksensor, DEI's is flawless.

With that said, code alarm is by far one of the worse on the market today. DEI has been in the business for far too long and i stand behind their products 100% (Clifford, Viper, Python).