Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Anyone using this Carrozzeria cd player?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2006, 12:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone using this Carrozzeria cd player?

http://pioneer.jp/carrozzeria/produc...1_2/index.html

i'm torn between this unit & the Mcintosh MX406...

http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/mcprod/s...&product=MX406
Old Jul 6, 2006, 12:59 AM
Evolved Member

I like that pioneer unit a lot
Old Jul 6, 2006, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Eggy
I like that pioneer unit a lot
its a really good piece (actually they are really both top notch pieces) and the pioneer is a lot better looking (the mac has that early 90's look). if you were interested in the pioneer, you might want to looking into the pioneer deh-p8600. it was an 05 us model and was probably one of the best pioneer has made. it had the looks, power, and features.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

I have never seen Carrozzeria sold in the states under that name but I do know that they sold them in Japan when I lived there. Although they are both pioneer, the Carrozzeria units always seemed nicer than the premier line we get here in the states although this particular unit appears to be identical to the one here (but the DEX-P01II vs. DEX-P9 could actually mean they are different). I would go with the pioneer personally if I had to choose between the two.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvilBlueEvo8
its a really good piece (actually they are really both top notch pieces) and the pioneer is a lot better looking (the mac has that early 90's look). if you were interested in the pioneer, you might want to looking into the pioneer deh-p8600. it was an 05 us model and was probably one of the best pioneer has made. it had the looks, power, and features.
My friend owns the deh-p8600 and I love it. It's an excellent unit. It was a toss up between that and my Alpine but I was loyal to Alpine and stuck with them...

As for the Carozzeria units, as long as it's a normal HU I think it would be cool to get it from japan and use it in the States. Shouldn't be any problems. If you're going the Navi route it's a bad idea because you can't use the Japanese advanced navigation in North America
Old Jul 6, 2006, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Eggy
As for the Carozzeria units, as long as it's a normal HU I think it would be cool to get it from japan and use it in the States. Shouldn't be any problems. If you're going the Navi route it's a bad idea because you can't use the Japanese advanced navigation in North America
Radio freqs are different as well but if you don't listen to the radio then it wouldn't matter. Yeah and nav wouldn't work and I don't think sirius/xm would either but I could be wrong.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stingerbtry
Radio freqs are different as well but if you don't listen to the radio then it wouldn't matter.
www.audiocubes.com has the FM converter & is usually free with purchase.

if i was looking to go nav, i would get the Alpine TVI-T990. it is region free so u can use any nav software...
Old Jul 11, 2006, 03:13 PM

I was using what is basically the same unit in my BMW. The one I have is a Pioneer Premier DEX-P90RS. Incredible unit. I had it paired up with a DEQ-P9 in the Bimmer. the P90 had to be imported from the UK (at hefty expense).

But I yanked it all out since I'm trading in the BMW and getting an Evo IX.

I'm probably selling the Pioneer pieces though. I just don't feel like putting the same level of install in the Evo.

The BMW had the Pioneeer pieces, 3 DLS amps, DLS Iridium 6.3 set, and 2 DLS 12" subs. Sounded incredible.

This time I'm going the simple route. Probably JL XR speakers front and back and either 2 10" W6s or 1 12" W6. Not sure about what amps I'll use yet. Maybe the DLSs if they don't sell or I'll just toss in a JL 400/4 and a 500/1. I'm trying to keep the system simple and not too heavy while still sounding good.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Your system sounds like the Pinny/Petr special. Did they use the analyzer from Russia to set up the P9? That was one handy tool!

Originally Posted by Deadpool_AZ
I was using what is basically the same unit in my BMW. The one I have is a Pioneer Premier DEX-P90RS. Incredible unit. I had it paired up with a DEQ-P9 in the Bimmer. the P90 had to be imported from the UK (at hefty expense).

But I yanked it all out since I'm trading in the BMW and getting an Evo IX.

I'm probably selling the Pioneer pieces though. I just don't feel like putting the same level of install in the Evo.

The BMW had the Pioneeer pieces, 3 DLS amps, DLS Iridium 6.3 set, and 2 DLS 12" subs. Sounded incredible.

This time I'm going the simple route. Probably JL XR speakers front and back and either 2 10" W6s or 1 12" W6. Not sure about what amps I'll use yet. Maybe the DLSs if they don't sell or I'll just toss in a JL 400/4 and a 500/1. I'm trying to keep the system simple and not too heavy while still sounding good.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 11:28 PM

Hi Bill,
Pinny? That's the name of the guy at DLS. I never met him but talked with him on the phone a couple of times. I got my gear through Scott Buwalda www.buwaldahybrids.com Great guy and really took care of me well. I'm looking at the Hybrid Audio Technologies gear for the Evo. We'll see if that works out.

By the way. I picked up the Evo this evening. Wicked White, SSL. Love it!
Old Jul 12, 2006, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

get the alpine f#1 status head unit! baller!@
Old Jul 13, 2006, 12:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Deadpool_AZ

By the way. I picked up the Evo this evening. Wicked White, SSL. Love it!
Awesome, congrats!