Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Does anyone know anything about "Mobile Guardian?"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2007, 12:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know anything about "Mobile Guardian?"

The finance manager at the dealership pitched me a deal on a mobile guardian system. He said it was like lojack but without the subscription fees. I was told that you can access the location of your car through the internet with this system and even Kill the Power.

Has anyone heard of this or is currently using it now? Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:36 PM
Evolving Member

hey did he mention a price? iv been looking into it. Its all over the internet check it out, pm me if he did mention a price, i cant find one!
Old Jan 18, 2008, 05:48 AM
Evolving Member

I have heard new things about this. Viper has a the v210 which allows you to work with a security system and remote start to pretty much control everything from any computer anywhere. There is a huge fee for this service but its full GPS tracking with speed alerts and area alerts. You can start your car from anywere, lock it and unlock it. Usually an Idea like mobile guardian wont last to long they only use a small selection of satellites such like any other gps only 5 total. Viper up to 15 at any point in time.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by redboosted05
I have heard new things about this. Viper has a the v210 which allows you to work with a security system and remote start to pretty much control everything from any computer anywhere. There is a huge fee for this service but its full GPS tracking with speed alerts and area alerts. You can start your car from anywere, lock it and unlock it. Usually an Idea like mobile guardian wont last to long they only use a small selection of satellites such like any other gps only 5 total. Viper up to 15 at any point in time.
Thats interesting, my problem with these other not so popular services that need to be paid for monthly is, what happens when the company goes out of business???? I mean I know lojack is well set in and is probably on the better ones - regarding security, because its not based off GPS!

Some of the other services allow you to transfer the GPS unit into other cars.

But the GPS enabled trackers allow for knowing where the car is at all times, tracking someone, etc etc.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 11:27 PM
Evolving Member

Does anyone know the price?
Old Jan 19, 2008, 12:03 AM
Evolving Member

info@mymobileguardian.com contact them. it looks like you can only buy them from car dealers.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 09:36 AM

I've heard of them, and I know there are a few different brands available, I had a rep in here talkin about some brand he does, I forgot the name, but he said retail was ~800-1000 for his system, and was 80$ a year, with a bazillion calls to check the cars location. Sure would come in handy if it tied into the locks if you ever leave your keys in there, you can open the car via internets on your phone.