Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB mini review

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2008, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pioneer DEH-P6000UB mini review

I recently switched my headunit from an older pioneer DEH-P7600MP to a DEH-P6000UB. I wanted to get something that had USB and harddrive support. I was originally going to get the JVC avx33 but decided I didn't want to spend that much and I figured do I really need to watch movies in my car
So far I really like this deck just for the fact that I can put my entire music collection on the portable drive that I also got at the same time: Iomega Ego 160gb.
I called Iomega before purchasing this drive to make sure that it would work without any back-up power supply and they said it would. I'm happy to say they were right I used the usb cable that came with the drive and hooked it up straight to the dongle on the back of the player instead of using the 4+ft extension cable that came with the deck, I've read that the shorter the cable run the less power draw for the drive. Plus I only needed about a 1.5 ft to reach my glove box anyway.
I almost bought the 5000 series because it was $50 cheaper and has the same specs except the screen is a 2 line lcd instead of a three line OEL. I figured it would make navigating through the music a little easier to read.
the only con's I have noticed is that there is no hard button for pause/mute, you have to go into a menu and submenu to pause.
the multifunction button(wheel) is a little touchy sometimes when I go to press it in it presses to the right instead, hopefully I'll get used to this as I play around with it some more.
the last thing that I don't like is when you add files to the harddrive it doesn't put them in alphabetical order like they show on the pc but it has them in the order in which they were written to the drive, this could become a headache when you keep adding music over time.

Overall I think it is a great deck at a great price. sounds good and love the fact it has USB, I don't think I'll ever use the CD player
ed
Old Feb 13, 2008, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

heres a couple of pics
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old Sep 16, 2008, 08:48 PM

Thank You for your review. I am currently looking at this deck as well. I was worried about what you said when it comes to controlling the jog wheel, because I can't stand jog wheels that don't work exactly as they should. But then I noticed that your deck is placed in the low spot where my gauges are.
Do you think you'd have an easier time controlling the deck if it where to be placed in the upper position?

Oh, and maybe your drive isn't "compatible" if the deck not displaying the song list in alphabetical order. Or you might want to try creating an M3u play list.