Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Mitsu OEM with a little Orbital.....

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2008, 05:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NTX - that is a very clear resolution from that screen I am very impressed... I will be interested in seeing the results for the HVAC are you looking at using the Ralliart Lancer head unit relocation kit and going from there, as in building the actual EVO HVAC into that relocation kit or starting from scratch...

WWEVO206 - The kit that these guys are showing is not the Orbital kit this is the JDM kit that you can buy from one of two scources one charges just a fraction over $190USD plus delivery which is nearly $35USD or the other scource is $125USD including delivery downside is both scources do not have the HVAC relocation kit but can provide information as to how to get the parts needed to complete the swap
Old May 17, 2008, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

your welcome!!
Old May 17, 2008, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this guy is selling the hvac relocation kit, pretty cheap hope this helps.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-...m170218355312&
Old May 18, 2008, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry everyone I had forgotten about this thread. To answer everyones question, I bought the Orbital kit from Orbital around the summer of last year. I was not to impressed with the headunit surround from Orbital, so I looked for the actual Mitsu JDM/EDM piece. A member on Evom was selling it, so I grabbed it. But you can also find the surround at Japanparts.com for around $200 or so.....
Old May 19, 2008, 01:58 AM

I want to buy the HVAC relocation kit too do anyone know anyone or anywher can buy one thanks
Old May 20, 2008, 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

that's the exact set up that im gonna have. i already have the jdm 2-din kit and the lower half of the orbital kit. i just have to sand and repaint the orbital kit so it matches the stock dash better and then im gonna sell my Kenwood KVT-819DVD and get the new DNX7120. how do you like the in dash?
Old May 21, 2008, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bboy_RES
that's the exact set up that im gonna have. i already have the jdm 2-din kit and the lower half of the orbital kit. i just have to sand and repaint the orbital kit so it matches the stock dash better and then im gonna sell my Kenwood KVT-819DVD and get the new DNX7120. how do you like the in dash?
The DNX8120 is awesome, the Navigation is pretty accurate, the DVD Vid is better than my old KVT715DVD I used to have and your choice of Sirius or XM is a great option. The 7120 is just as good minus a few things, like bluetooth (I think)
Old May 24, 2008, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by abceverton
I want to buy the HVAC relocation kit too do anyone know anyone or anywher can buy one thanks
bump want to know where to get this too
Old May 25, 2008, 07:35 AM

Hi 8URVTEC,
could u please guide me on how to do the hvac conversion using galant climate controls?
And any idea where i could get galants hvac climate control? japanparts doesnt sell them.
Old May 28, 2008, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by friedpiggy
Hi 8URVTEC,
could u please guide me on how to do the hvac conversion using galant climate controls?
Or anyone here knows how to do the galant conversion?

need more details as in,
1) How is the galant faceplate mounted to the cubby hole? is the radio relocation kit needed to be fit into the cubby hole so as to be able to mount the galant faceplate.
2) galant faceplate wiring diagram and cable connections to stock faceplate electronics. Are stock cables & wiring long enough to be shifted to cubby hole and able to fit to galant faceplate?
Old May 28, 2008, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by friedpiggy
Hi 8URVTEC,
And any idea where i could get galants hvac climate control? japanparts doesnt sell them.
He does not have the galant climate controls. Those are the factory evo controls with the orbital lower piece. Do a search for galant relocation. I recall reading a thread a while back with a detailed explanation of how they did the galant relocation. good luck.
Old May 30, 2008, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by chowetime
NTX - that is a very clear resolution from that screen I am very impressed... I will be interested in seeing the results for the HVAC are you looking at using the Ralliart Lancer head unit relocation kit and going from there, as in building the actual EVO HVAC into that relocation kit or starting from scratch...

WWEVO206 - The kit that these guys are showing is not the Orbital kit this is the JDM kit that you can buy from one of two scources one charges just a fraction over $190USD plus delivery which is nearly $35USD or the other scource is $125USD including delivery downside is both scources do not have the HVAC relocation kit but can provide information as to how to get the parts needed to complete the swap
What is the source are you using for the $125.00 + delivery?
Old May 30, 2008, 06:21 PM
ntx

Originally Posted by chowetime
i'm thinking of have an orbital style piece made but i'll do the galant for now.

Originally Posted by estorilcoupe
What is the source are you using for the $125.00 + delivery?
i got mine from a member. i'll pm you.
Old May 30, 2008, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

looks very good i can where did u get the HVAC relocator from?
Old May 30, 2008, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by ntx

i got mine from a member. i'll pm you.
PM me as well please.

I ordered the double din panel from Japan parts. https://www.japanparts.com/db/partsl...dle=2&small=13

I've received the panel It doesnt come with the locking tabs? Or does anyone know the correct part number for it? The one I ordered was PN: 180-006-003 mitsubishi accent panel.

On the rear of the panel it is attached with double sided tapes??
I intend to keep the stock single din and dunt intend to cut a 2 din hole in it to stick this double din panel on.

Quick Reply: Mitsu OEM with a little Orbital.....