Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

CF Trunk + 12in Sub?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2009, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CF Trunk + 12in Sub?

Ok so I picked up a cf trunk for my IX off of a friend that recently sold his evo. Now I'm wondering if it can stand that abuse that my 12 inch solo is going to throw at it? & no I'm not willing to give up my beats... I know I know ..

So what do you guys think? I've had a bad experience with my cf hood as the clear coat is starting to crack on me. I'm thinking that maybe I should trade the trunk lid for a stock mint condition hood + some cash. Thoughts?
Old Dec 12, 2009, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if the fitment isnt exact like oem it can vibrate in that area and cause rattles. Probably more so if you use hood pins. Maybe apply some sound deadener to the inside of the cf trunk lid.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if it doesnt work out i will take the cf lid will trade let me know
Old Dec 12, 2009, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

This is strictly an Evo IX discussion, mind your own - stupid X owners... Lol listen man I'd like to see if anyone has had problems with cf trunks & subs before. I think it's worth asking...

Ok I'll put it on, if my sub f's it up will you give me a refund? Haha
Old Dec 13, 2009, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

When you say 12" solo, are you referring to the kicker solo baric sub?

I have a 12" Treo sub rated for 300 watts rms, I never turn it up to full volume, I'd say at the loudest, I would have it at 80 percent of its full power. I don't hear any rattle in the car, but outside it does rattle. BTW, I have a VIS carbon fiber trunk.

Hope that information helps.

Edit: Forgot to add, I've had the trunk for a year with the sub in there and no cracks on the clear coat.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

I have the regular lancer with the carbon fiber trunk, and so far i havent had any problems with the trunk opening or clear cracking. I have 2 l7 kickers.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by choturbo
come on buddy, you in sales now you should know to read the fine print.

a solution to your issue would be to take the sub out of the evo and put it in the civic.
I know where you live!!! lol My civics got a full system already there guy...

Originally Posted by NWEvoViii
When you say 12" solo, are you referring to the kicker solo baric sub?

I have a 12" Treo sub rated for 300 watts rms, I never turn it up to full volume, I'd say at the loudest, I would have it at 80 percent of its full power. I don't hear any rattle in the car, but outside it does rattle. BTW, I have a VIS carbon fiber trunk.

Hope that information helps.

Edit: Forgot to add, I've had the trunk for a year with the sub in there and no cracks on the clear coat.
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUSLANCER
I have the regular lancer with the carbon fiber trunk, and so far i havent had any problems with the trunk opening or clear cracking. I have 2 l7 kickers.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Yep I have a 12 in kicker Solo that vibrates the **** out of the oem trunk so I was a bit concerned. Based on what you guys are saying, I really shouldn't have an issue.