Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Custom Hvac using 3m-Di Noc

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2010, 06:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow good stuff, always wanted to look like that..
Old May 7, 2010, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

I live in West Palm Beach, How much would you charge to help me out? We could meet in Oviedo(my brother has a house there). Let me know my # is 561-779-9815.
Old May 10, 2010, 01:19 PM

like I said in my PM, it looks amazing
Old May 12, 2010, 09:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by FJF
All this work and to what end? Two gauges were removed - including oil temp (!) and voltage, which isn't a bad thing to have after doing electrical work - boost was moved to a spot even less visible, the console had to be cut, and for what? Just to install an older 2-DIN HU. Does anyone even sell those anymore? Don't get me wrong. The install looks clean and nicely done. I'm just missing the point behind the whole thing.

gauges: dont really care, car is not tuned, stock Ix's come with no gauges for a reason.

Head unit- does everything i need it to PLAYS MUSIC FROM IPOD

cutting up: did not cut up anything that came with the car, bought new panel, hvac control. only thing that was drilled was the hold for the cigarette lighter.

the point behind the entire thing is that i wanted the interior to look better since i drive this car everyday, i understand you have a great amount of experience in this field but that does not give you the right to go around making comments like this in peoples threads expecially after they spent alot of time and money to do things to their car. If i wanted sound quality and smooth rides i will drive my 2007 S550.
Old May 13, 2010, 05:36 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by egydude15
gauges: dont really care, car is not tuned, stock Ix's come with no gauges for a reason.

Head unit- does everything i need it to PLAYS MUSIC FROM IPOD

cutting up: did not cut up anything that came with the car, bought new panel, hvac control. only thing that was drilled was the hold for the cigarette lighter.

the point behind the entire thing is that i wanted the interior to look better since i drive this car everyday, i understand you have a great amount of experience in this field but that does not give you the right to go around making comments like this in peoples threads expecially after they spent alot of time and money to do things to their car. If i wanted sound quality and smooth rides i will drive my 2007 S550.
As a member of this forum, I have every right to comment within the bounds of the rules. Your explanation only underlines the text. I'm actually surprised that you don't see that. The post said nothing about sound quality or smooth rides (?), nor do I understand how having a tuned car figures into oil temp and the need to monitor voltage after electrical work. You did cut into the console, as said, and installed a HU whose functions can be mirrored by a piece that required no modifications to put in. You did a very nice job, no doubt, and I personally like how the boost gauge looks in the console, but the point of it all still escapes me. I'm sorry you don't like my position.
Old May 13, 2010, 06:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by FJF
As a member of this forum, I have every right to comment within the bounds of the rules.
cant really argue with that Lol
Old May 13, 2010, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

It's def. a lot nicer than "cut up HVAC" control, when I see people cut climate control up it makes me want to puke! The knobs reminds me of JDM EVO GSR control knobs, did you get your ideas from that? why didn't you order the JDM EVO GSR climate control along with your double din?
Old May 13, 2010, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

btw, the boost gauge relocate looks nice too, but the best place to relocate boost gauge is "lancer" cluster.
Old May 13, 2010, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

can you take closer shot of the new climate control? I just notice you relocate the cig. lighter charger, very clever!
Old May 13, 2010, 09:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fugiwara
can you take closer shot of the new climate control? I just notice you relocate the cig. lighter charger, very clever!
thanks man, i did not get the idea for those knobs from the jdm evo, i just saw what everyone else was doing and it looked like the stock knobs are too big for that small space, so i went to sky craft and surplus here in orlando and got these knobs, i will try to snap a few pics of the entire car, especially after i got my new wheels and spent 5 hours detailing it a few days ago.
Old May 14, 2010, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you show us a close-up of just the hvac? I cant see it too well.
Old May 14, 2010, 08:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fishie36
will try to get new pics up asap
Old May 14, 2010, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fishie36
^^^this
Old May 15, 2010, 07:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EVODreams
^^^this
trying, i dont have a camera right now
Old May 18, 2010, 12:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by josel_atr
nice job op. i like it..

edit: imo thats a bad location for the boost gauge though.. you will have to look down if you wanna know what your boosting.... be careful sir!
have to look just as far down to see the factory mr gauges anyways, so why would it make a difference to move it 2 inches lower?

Quick Reply: Custom Hvac using 3m-Di Noc