Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Need Some Advice & Help

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2014, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need Some Advice & Help

Ok so I am going to lay this down.

Lance is an 09.

As it stands now I am installing the following:

Pioneer DEH-X6500BT (New Head Unit from My old dead car)
Clarion APX1300 (Amp from old dead car)
Axxess ASWC-1
Dual BP1204 12" Subs

What I have done so far.

1. Got the head unit to fit into the dash.

Problems:

1. I am first trying to figure out the amp problem. The car came with the amp connections I found under the back seat. The person who had the car before me just unhooked everything and left it back there. On further investigate I followed the RCA cables and found a
http://www.amazon.com/Fierce-Audio-FILC20V2-Adjustable-Controller/dp/B004MF5B9Y http://www.amazon.com/Fierce-Audio-FILC20V2-Adjustable-Controller/dp/B004MF5B9Y
connected in the driver side pillar of my car. I am not sure if this was factory install or not.

Questions for this problem:
Should I disconnect this RCA wire from the Level controller and run new RCA cables to my dash to plug directly into my head unit? This would run the RCA cables to the head unit to the amp. Also should I keep the leveler in as I see it running into the door speakers?

2. My subs have illumination to them and have a 12V connection in the back. I am trying to get them to light up when I turn the parking/head lights on.

Where can I connect into to get this to work? Not sure where to run a wire to. Also can I tap into said wire for the illumination on the door panels as well?

3. This final problem is something for testing. I am going to see if I can use my aftermarket mic with the internal BT mic connection. I have traced the wires back I am going to try to splice them and give it a try.

Does anyone know which wire (pink or blue) from the microphone in the ceiling sends the sound in mono to the BT unit? If not I will splice them both and see what I come up with.

I am installing this whole system myself for the first time. I have done head units before with no problem and amps are no problem. The extra steps are new to me. I have not installed a ASWC-1 before but I am going to try it. It seems pretty simple.

Can anyone help with these questions?

P.S. If a mod can delete my other threads about this as I consolidated them all in this one out of frustration and finally had a chance to sit down and think, that would be cool.

Last edited by JukEboXAuDiO; May 9, 2014 at 10:01 PM.
Old May 10, 2014, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish I knew more about audio, good luck, man!
Old May 13, 2014, 05:17 PM

I'd say run new RCA wires, as far as the lights you could use a test lamp and try the wires that go to the ac lights or on the fuse box
Old May 13, 2014, 06:02 PM

3. This final problem is something for testing. I am going to see if I can use my aftermarket mic with the internal BT mic connection. I have traced the wires back I am going to try to splice them and give it a try.

Does anyone know which wire (pink or blue) from the microphone in the ceiling sends the sound in mono to the BT unit? If not I will splice them both and see what I come up with.
So I did a bit of general reading about this. Now most people agree that in a single microphone installation polarity of the Mic is not relevant to getting it to work; basically getting wrong will still let the Mic work.

Having said the above, what also seems apparent on reading is that getting wrong can led to you not getting the best response from the Mic, so as you say, try it one way... ring some one on the road, see how it works, then reverse the wires and try again, one way might work better than the other...