Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Electrical Issue, headlights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 05:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Electrical Issue, headlights

So ever since i bought my car i have had an issue where the high beams and the fogs don't work. i thought it was going to be a simple fix seeing as i got the car for such a steal that anything i had to fix on it would be worth it.

the issue i'm having is that the headlights do not come on at all when the ignition is off, the sound is there to indicate i left the lights on but until the key on is there, nothing happens. foglights don't work at all and neither does the high beams.

i checked the plugs at the kick panel on the driver side and nothing seems bad all the plugs are super clean (car has low mileage) and no sign of any corrosion or any of the other stuff i've read about.

the other weird thing is that the wipers only have one speed and intermittent doesnt work either. as far as aftermarket electronics in the car it has a DEFI pro boost gauge with the data logger and an HKS DLI box, and the door speakers were rewired, other than that i can't seem to put a finger on it. i don't wanna start throwing parts at it before i get better ideas on what it could be, i downloaded the factory wiring diagrams but i'm a noob at reading them so i'm teaching myself that at the moment but i wanna see if you guys have any idea what i might be dealing with.

thanks in advance
Old Oct 26, 2017, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Wipers and lights giving you issues, 99% I'm saying it's the water issue in the wire harness in junction block behind the drivers kick panel.

Unplug the connectors from the front side then you can use a flat head to get the other side of the connector out of the plastic housing and inspect where the wires are pinned into those connectors.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 03:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I checked there and on the plug and the connector side there didnt seem to be any corrosion whatsoever. I can live with the wiper stuff but the high beams and foglight stuff has me more concerned
Old Oct 30, 2017, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Saying it is okay for part of my car not to work is a path to the scrapyard.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 04:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by barneyb
Saying it is okay for part of my car not to work is a path to the scrapyard.
Yea, I'd agree. I can't sleep if something is broken on any of our cars hahaha. Im a lil OCD...
Old Nov 8, 2017, 04:08 AM
Evolved Member

OP if you're ever in NEPA area, PM me, I'd certainly help you try and diagnose the issue.